• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Turkey Day Games

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Watching Jordan Love and the Packers v Lions game. Seems like Love is progressing. Also noting how the Packers are trusting him to use the middle of the field. Sure hope our new OC and play caller allow us to see some of the same out of KP8 (and that KP8 actually takes/is capable of making those throws)

Love looks like a world beater right now. 7-8, 115 yds 2 TD.

Watching Jordan Love and the Packers v Lions game. Seems like Love is progressing. Also noting how the Packers are trusting him to use the middle of the field. Sure hope our new OC and play caller allow us to see some of the same out of KP8 (and that KP8 actually takes/is capable of making those throws)
Both teams have me jelly because recievers are open on every offensive play... coaching and scheme, would would've thunk it mattered???

Packers jumping all over the Lions. If this fumble/TD return stands, Pack will be up 21-6 (assuming the XP) in the 1st QTR.

Goff fumbles the ball for a second time in less than a qtr. Green Bay gets the ball back just outside the endzone.

It's hard to come back after 2, count'em 2 turnover. Those ain't apple turnovers.

Jarred Goof is disgracing one of the best unis in the game.
The guy has been an absolute godsend for the lions. Has barely turned over the ball since he’s been there over the last few years. Gets hit while he was throwing for the fumble. . All the critics over his career, he has found a home and is doing great through all the adversity. Type of guy I root for. I disagree with your statement 100%. As I’m sure the majority of lion fans do.

If he doesn't you know what that means? It was Shades all along.

If he doesn't you know what that means? It was Shades all along.
Ahhh, but what if they call them and KP8 either won't pull the trigger, or can't make the throw?
If he won't pull the trigger ... It's KP8
If he can't make the throw (assuming protection is adequate) then Colbert saddled us with a bust on his way out?
There are many layers to this onion grasshopper.

This is the most amateur-level halftime production I've ever seen.

The guy has been an absolute godsend for the lions. Has barely turned over the ball since he’s been there over the last few years. Gets hit while he was throwing for the fumble. . All the critics over his career, he has found a home and is doing great through all the adversity. Type of guy I root for. I disagree with your statement 100%. As I’m sure the majority of lion fans do.
He was 8/16 for 100 yards and two turnovers. Just sayin.

Lions got hosed on that holding call

Ahhh, but what if they call them and KP8 either won't pull the trigger, or can't make the throw?
If he can't make the throw (assuming protection is adequate) then Colbert saddled us with a bust on his way out?
Agreed. Coaches cannot execute plays - that's the players job.

Then Shades will bench Kenny because "you just know when it's time" and tell his press conference afterwards that he wasn't getting the results needed. Very similar to Canada; Tomlin was very clear that results matter.

Then Shades will bench Kenny because "you just know it's time" and tell his press conference afterwards that he wasn't getting the results needed. Very similar to Canada; Tomlin was very clear that results matter.
Are you serious??? Tell us your opinion on starting Kenny (green) last year in Week 4 during the Jets game??? Good call or was Shades just being a dumbass and he didn't give Mitch enough time to prove himself???

Hell, you see the way Love has progressed and you start to think "Maybe when Kenny gets a competent coordinator, we can see some growth like this."

Are you serious??? Tell us your opinion on starting Kenny (green) last year in Week 4 during the Jets game??? Good call or was Shades just being a dumbass and he didn't give Mitch enough time to prove himself???
I actually think the answer was a good one. If they call them and:
1) KP8 won't make the throw, he should be benched or,
2)KP8 can't make the throw, he should be benched.
Results do matter.

I thought Kenny should have started last season. And I thought it was a big mistake to re-up Mitch. Apparently, the Steelers agreed that Mitch wasn't capable, so they picked a starting QB at 1.20. One can debate on when he should have started, but my opinion, as you asked, would have been to start him right away, and ditch Mitch's cap hit. I'd still ditch Mitch; really liked Dobbs on the roster, and he seemed the only QB that Ben worked with, so I think Dobbs "understood" the O better than about anyone else.

WOW!!! Fake punt attempt on your own 22 ... and it fails.
That's not a "gutsy call". That's **** coaching/decision making. Tomlin would be run out of town after being tarred and feathered.