• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ukraine.

The sad part to me is that they look ridiculous. If the educational complex (that you really should get your kids out of), and the mass media (which you should ignore) were not backing the liberal nonsense, it would be seen for what it is, and rejected.

It's almost unbelievable that we are talking about the USA and this reality. Who would have thought? Saul Alinsky did, I guess.

People of the government, by the government, and for the government...as opposed to these words from the Gettysburg Address:

..that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

That's before everybody was told they're all victims, and the guvmint is there to help.

So now Biden is fighting back, attempting to silence Rudy. But...of course.

Biden seeks to bar Giuliani from TV news, after Trump lawyer alleges possible Biden corruption

Joe Biden's presidential campaign requested in a letter on Sunday that major news networks not invite President Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani anymore, after Giuliani spent the morning on a series of talk shows aggressively highlighting what he called Biden's apparently corrupt dealings in Ukraine and China.

The Biden campaign wrote to NBC News, CBS News, Fox News and CNN to voice "grave concern that you continue to book Rudy Giuliani on your air to spread false, debunked conspiracy theories on behalf of Donald Trump," according to The Daily Beast, which first reported the existence of the letter.

The memo, drafted by Biden aides Kate Bedingfield and Anita Dunn, continued: "While you often fact check his statements in real time during your discussions, that is no longer enough. By giving him your air time, you are allowing him to introduce increasingly unhinged, unfounded and desperate lies into the national conversation."

Should a network choose to book Giuliani, the Biden campaign called for "an equivalent amount of time" to be provided "to a surrogate for the Biden campaign." The letter noted Giuliani was not a public official, but Trump's lawyer and personal advisor.

Responding to the request, Trump 2020 campaign manager Brad Parscale tweeted: "Can we request the removal of Democrats on TV that push hoaxes? Wait, but then who would do the interviews?"

Hours earlier, Giuliani made the rounds on several Sunday shows, including "Fox News Sunday," to argue that evidence of Biden's possible corruption has been hiding in plain sight for months.

Biden has acknowledged on camera that, when he was vice president, he successfully pressured Ukraine to fire that prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, who was investigating the natural gas firm Burisma Holdings — where son Hunter Biden had a highly lucrative role on the board paying him tens of thousands of dollars per month, despite limited relevant expertise. The vice president threatened to withhold $1 billion in critical U.S. aid if Shokin was not fired.

"Well, son of a b---h, he got fired," Biden joked at a panel two years after leaving office.

Shokin himself had been widely accused of corruption, while critics charged that Hunter Biden essentially might have been selling access to his father, who had pushed Ukraine to increase its natural gas production. Giuliani, on Sunday, suggested Shokin was the target of an international smear campaign to discredit his work.

In a combative interview on ABC News' "This Week" on Sunday, Giuliani presented what he said was an affidavit signed by Shokin that confirmed Hunter Biden was being investigated when Shokin was fired.

"I have an affidavit here that's been online for six months that nobody bothered to read from the gentleman who was fired, Viktor Shokin, the so-called corrupt prosecutor," Giuliani said. "The Biden people say that he wasn't investigating Hunter Biden at the time. He says under oath that he was." The Shokin affidavit purportedly said the U.S. had pressured him into resigning because he was unwilling to drop the case.

Later, Giuliani added: "I have another affidavit, this time from another Ukrainian prosecutor who says that the day after Biden strong-armed the president to remove Shokin, they show up in the prosecutor’s office -- lawyers for Hunter Biden show up in the prosecutor’s office and they give an apology for dissemination of false information."

After anchor George Stephanopoulos expressed skepticism, Giuliani fired back: "How about if I -- how about if I tell you over the next week four more of these will come out from four other prosecutors? ... No, no, no, George, they won’t be [investigated], because they’ve been online for six months, and the Washington press will not accept the fact that Joe Biden might have done something like this."

When Stephanopoulos called it "not true" that Hunter Biden had taken more than $1 billion from China while the U.S. was negotiating with the country, Giuliani again said the former Clinton administration official was being too dismissive.

"There's evidence that they got $1 billion directly from China, specific date, 12 days after they returned from a trip to China," Giuliani asserted. "There's evidence that another $500 million went in, and there are three partners."

Giuliani went on: "Can I -- can I make a contrast? Can I just make a slight contrast with the so-called whistleblower? The whistleblower says I don’t have any direct knowledge, I just heard things. Up until two weeks before he did that, that wouldn't even [have] been a complaint, would have been dismissed."

That was a reference to an explosive report in The Federalist showing that the intelligence community recently changed its form for reporting improper conduct. Earlier this year, the intelligence community's form for whistleblowers explicitly stated that complaints based on secondhand information were not actionable.

But, that admonition was removed sometime afterward -- around the time that an unnamed whistleblower filed a complaint, based on secondhand information, alleging misconduct in the White House. Although there has been no strict legal requirement for whistleblower complaints to contain only firsthand information, the previous intelligence community form made it clear that such secondhand complaints would not be investigated as a matter of procedure.

Twitter user Stephen McIntyre originally spotted the change in the whistleblower form.

Trump and top Republicans called for answers over the weekend as to when and why the form was changed -- and whether the change was made specifically to allow the whistleblower's complaint to proceed.

Speaking separately to Fox News' "Sunday Morning Futures," Giuliani brought up the affidavits and called the situation Clintonesque.

“The pattern is a pattern of pay for play. It includes something very similar to what happened to the Clinton Foundation," Giuliani said, "which goes to the very core of, what did Obama know and when did he know it?"

Giuliani referred to a December 2015 New York Times article about Hunter Biden, Burisma and a Ukrainian oligarch, and how the younger Biden's involvement with the Ukrainian company could undermine then-Vice President Biden's anti-corruption message.

"The question is," Giuliani asked, "when Biden and Obama saw that article, about how the son was pulling down money from the most crooked oligarch in Russia, did Obama call Biden in and say 'Joe, how could you be doing this?'"

Giuliani was not the only attorney trying to get damaging information on Joe Biden from Ukrainian officials, and President Trump’s decision to withhold aid from Ukraine this summer was made in spite of several federal agencies supporting the aid, Fox News’ Chris Wallace reported on "Fox News Sunday."

In addition to Giuliani, Washington, D.C., lawyers Joe DiGenova and his wife, Victoria Toensing, worked alongside the former New York City mayor. According to a top U.S. official, the three attorneys were working "off the books" -- not within the Trump administration -- and only the president knows the details of their work.

In a tweet Sunday, Toensing called the report "false" and embarrassing." Wallace, in a statement, responded, "We stand by our reporting."

For his part, Giuliani insisted he "didn't work with anybody to get dirt on Joe Biden," again saying that the information "was handed to me by the Ukrainians."

Giuliani stated that so far House Democrats have not subpoenaed him to testify about his work with Ukraine, but if they did he would have to run it by Trump first.

"I'm his attorney, there's something called attorney-client privilege," he said. "That has to be considered even if they don't think he should have attorney-client privilege."

Democrats have focused on the whistleblower's complaint, released last week, which cited information from White House officials who alleged there'd been efforts to secure Trump's July phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, among other conversations. The Trump administration reportedly began placing transcripts of Trump's calls with several foreign leaders in a highly classified repository only after anonymous leakers publicly divulged the contents of Trump's private calls with the leaders of Mexico and Australia in 2017.

Trump suggested during a phone call with Zelensky that Ukraine look into Biden's boast about firing Shokin, after Zelensky first mentioned Ukraine's corruption issues, and after Trump separately requested as a "favor" that Ukraine help investigate foreign interference in the 2016 elections, including the hack of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) server involving CrowdStrike.

The call came not long after Trump had frozen millions of dollars in military aid to Ukraine. However, the U.S. later released the aid to Ukraine, and the Ukrainians were unaware the money was frozen in the first place until more than a month after Trump's call with Zelensky, The New York Times reported.

Zelensky has said he felt no pressure from Trump during the phone call to do anything.

The whistleblower complaint contained several apparent factual inaccuracies, prompting some Republicans to call for an inquiry into the whistleblowers' sources -- and why they didn't make the complaint themselves.

I am probably as moderate as anyone here, and I have my criticisms of Trump, but I fail to see the criminal activity here. There was no quid pro quo, no threats, just a request to find out if there was any truth in Biden getting the prosecutor fired. Compare that with what Biden said on video. Seems only one of them abused the power of their office, and it isn't Trump. Buncha horseshit, really. These Democrats better get their protest gear ready, because if they keep this up, they can forget about anything positive happening for them in 2020.

Democrats are 'panicking' as illegal spying is set to be revealed, says Dan Bongino
By Nick Givas | Fox News

As Democrats ramp up their impeachment efforts against President Trump, Fox News contributor Dan Bongino said the party is starting to panic at the possibility of being linked to illegal spying, as the Department of Justice inspector general prepares to release his report on the matter.

"It's never going to stop. I mean, the republic is dying a slow death," he said Monday on "Fox & Friends." "We're on life support here... They're panicking because the IG report's about to come out, which is about to expose a massive government spying operation against Donald Trump.

"Here's the key takeaway -- in collusion with foreign governments," Bongino continued. "That's why they're panicking. And they're panicking because... what the Obama administration did is 1,000 times worse than what they're alleging Donald Trump did."

Bongino also said it's Trump's job to protect the office of the president by standing firm against congressional lawmakers, specifically Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., by asserting his privilege as commander in chief.

"The first job of the president right now is to protect the presidency," he said. "The White House counsel and others have to draw the line. This is one of the sleaziest members of Congress, Adam Schiff. He went in front of the American people in a public hearing where people could look at a public transcript and literally lied about it, and then tried to cover his tracks."

"This is a nationally televised, important hearing and he lied. He's a liar, this guy," Bongino added. "Don't disclose anything to this guy."

The report from Inspector General Michael Horowitz, which focuses on government corruption and political overreach, is still being processed and a final release date has not yet been disclosed.

You can't determine criminal activity until you get all the facts, which is why this is just an impeachment inquiry. The version of the phone call that has been released is
just the White House interpretation, it's not the actual conversation. Assistance of any kind from a foreign government to help win an American election is illegal.

Breitbart News senior contributor and Secret Empires author Peter Schweizer joined Life, Liberty & Levin Sunday on Fox News Channel to explain Joe and Hunter Biden’s Ukraine connections.

Schweizer told host Mark Levin that the former vice president’s son was being paid by Ukraine despite not having expertise in the energy sector while Joe Biden was the “point-person” on former President Barack Obama’s administration in dealing with Ukraine.

“The key question here that nobody seems to want to ask in the media is: What was he being paid for? He wasn’t being paid for his expertise. What was he being paid for? And what were the Ukrainians expecting to get in return?” Schweizer stated. “I think when you overlay the financial payments with the fact that Joe Biden as point person on Obama administration policy to Ukraine was steering billions of dollars of Western money to Ukraine it becomes crystal clear exactly why they were paying him money. They wanted access and they wanted to influence Joe Biden. And Joe Biden has been around a long time here, and he had to know exactly why his son was being paid.”

I am probably as moderate as anyone here, and I have my criticisms of Trump, but I fail to see the criminal activity here. There was no quid pro quo, no threats, just a request to find out if there was any truth in Biden getting the prosecutor fired. Compare that with what Biden said on video. Seems only one of them abused the power of their office, and it isn't Trump. Buncha horseshit, really. These Democrats better get their protest gear ready, because if they keep this up, they can forget about anything positive happening for them in 2020.

Quoted for truth.

You can't determine criminal activity until you get all the facts, which is why this is just an impeachment inquiry. The version of the phone call that has been released is
just the White House interpretation, it's not the actual conversation. Assistance of any kind from a foreign government to help win an American election is illegal.

You're such an idiot. Please site the specific law that was violated. When the dems wanted Ukraine to look into Trump was that illegal? When Obama interfered with an Israeli election was that illegal? When the Obama administration used a dossier from a British spy with Russian intelligence to spy on an American citizen was that illegal? When Hillary used her position to get half a million dollars in a quid pro quo scheme to give Russia enriched Uranium was that illegal?

I could go on but I'm not sure you can even understand what I wrote so I'll stop. Let you parents explain it to you.

Here's the thing, there's no precedent for an "impeachment inquiry", but their using it to keep their agenda in the news as long as they can.

What they should be doing is holding a vote of all 435 members. They won't do that of course, because they know they have nothing, other than Schiff standing up acting like he's reading a transcript from the Ukraine conversation and lying through his teeth.

Donald Trump Demands Meeting with ‘Whistleblower’

President Donald Trump demanded Monday that the “whistleblower,” who accused him of breaking the law during a conversation with the Ukranian president, reveal himself.
“Like every American, I deserve to meet my accuser, especially when this accuser, the so-called ‘Whistleblower,’ represented a perfect conversation with a foreign leader in a totally inaccurate and fraudulent way,” Trump wrote on Twitter, adding, “I want to meet not only my accuser, who presented SECOND & THIRD-HAND INFORMATION but also the person who illegally gave this information, which was largely incorrect, to the ‘Whistleblower.'”

Trump put the “whistleblower” label in quotes, questioning if the accuser fit the role of a whistleblower after Democrats changed the description of a whistleblower role to include knowledge from secondhand sources.

“WHO CHANGED THE LONG STANDING WHISTLEBLOWER RULES JUST BEFORE SUBMITTAL OF THE FAKE WHISTLEBLOWER REPORT?” Trump wrote in all-caps. “DRAIN THE SWAMP!”

The New York Times identified the “whistleblower” as a male CIA agent assigned to the White House.

Trump’s complaints on Twitter appeared to stem from an appearance from Sen. Lindsey Graham on Face the Nation.

“Every American deserves to confront their accuser. So this is a sham, as far as I’m concerned. I want to know who told the whistle-blower about the phone call,” Graham said on Sunday. “I want to know why they changed the rules about whistle-blowers not — the hearsay rule was changed just a short period of time before the complaint was filed.”

Trump also questioned if the secondhand information the whistleblower acquired was obtained from a spy in the government.

“Was this person SPYING on the U.S. President?” he asked. “Big Consequences!”

#FakeWhistleblower

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 30, 2019

WHO CHANGED THE LONG STANDING WHISTLEBLOWER RULES JUST BEFORE SUBMITTAL OF THE FAKE WHISTLEBLOWER REPORT? DRAIN THE SWAMP!

The Fake Whistleblower complaint is not holding up. It is mostly about the call to the Ukrainian President which, in the name of transparency, I immediately released to Congress & the public. The Whistleblower knew almost nothing, its 2ND HAND description of the call is a fraud!

You can't determine criminal activity until you get all the facts, which is why this is just an impeachment inquiry. The version of the phone call that has been released is just the White House interpretation, it's not the actual conversation. Assistance of any kind from a foreign government to help win an American election is illegal.

Another lie in the (D)ims' sea of lies. The White House DID NOT HAVE ONE GODDAMN THING TO DO WITH THE TRANSCRIPT.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The five pages released by the White House documenting President Donald Trump's phone conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy are not a word-for-word transcript of the call. A "CAUTION" note included at the bottom of the first page of the text released Wednesday explains that the rough transcript "records the notes and recollections of Situation Room Duty Officers and NSC policy staff assigned to listen and memorialize the conversation in written form as the conversation takes place."

The transcript was prepared using voice recognition software, along with note takers and experts listening in, according to senior White House officials. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss White House document preparation.

The Situation Room is a secure meeting space in the basement of the White House West Wing where the president and members of the National Security Council, or NSC, discuss sensitive foreign and domestic policy issues. It is staffed 24 hours a day.

The "caution" note goes on to explain that several factors can affect the accuracy of the recording. It cites poor telecommunication connections and "variations in accent and/or interpretation" among them. Zelenskiy spoke through a translator. The word "inaudible" is used to indicate portions of a conversation the notetaker was unable to hear.

During the call, Trump was upstairs in the White House residence while downstairs, in the Situation Room, officials listened in and set about to memorialize the conversation, as is standard practice.

https://news.yahoo.com/why-transcript-trumps-ukraine-call-155755710.html

Not one, but two CIA officials take notes as the conversation occurs. Those notes are then passed up the chain of command to a supervisor, who uses the voice recognition to check the accuracy of the notes and recommend changes or additions.

Trump and his people HAD ZERO TO DO WITH THAT TASK. Nothing, nada, nicht.

So you claim a conspiracy involving at least three CIA operatives? Get your head out of your ***.

just to highlight what you said that we all agree with. so, since WaPo says this, it must be true and you'll be defuckingmanding Hitlery be incarcerated for the rest of her time on this mortal coil, right?

LOL. **** no you won't. ******* goddamned hypocrite.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...6fabf0-b8e4-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html

The Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee helped fund research that resulted in a now-famous dossier containing allegations about President Trump's connections to Russia and possible coordination between his campaign and the Kremlin, people familiar with the matter said.

Marc E. Elias, a lawyer representing the Clinton campaign and the DNC, retained Fusion GPS, a Washington firm, to conduct the research.

After that, Fusion GPS hired dossier author Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence officer with ties to the FBI and the U.S. intelligence community, according to those people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Assistance of any kind from a foreign government to help win an American election is illegal.

I missed the part where you were in here complaining about the thoroughly debunked Russian dossier compiled by a British intelligence officer to help Hillary Clinton and the DNC obtain dirt on Trump in an effort to help win the election. Or is that kind of foreign interference allowed?

Jesus, 21 is swimming in his own **** now

Jesus, 21 is swimming in his own **** now

30982e2fa4c01eb6f4dcf9017f5e06dc.jpg

I'm still waiting to see what law was broken. Pelosi didn't even read the transcript and doesn't really know anything about it but was ok opening up hearings on it. Somebody give me the law that was broken. I've never heard of a law that forbids the President of the U.S. from asking about corruption. Please site the case law, I'd love to see it.

I missed the part where you were in here complaining about the thoroughly debunked Russian dossier compiled by a British intelligence officer to help Hillary Clinton and the DNC obtain dirt on Trump in an effort to help win the election. Or is that kind of foreign interference allowed?

Or about Ted Kennedy working with the Soviets to defeat Reagan in 1984.

21 apparently studied law and passed the bar somewhere so that he can offer well-founded and researched legal opinions. So when 21 says that something is "against the law," he should be able to cite the law chapter-and-verse. Like this:

15 United States Code § 78dd-1 through 3, providing in relevant part:

(a) Prohibition: It shall be unlawful for any person other than an issuer that is subject to section 78dd–1 of this title or a domestic concern (as defined in section 78dd–2 of this title), or for any officer, director, employee, or agent of such person or any stockholder thereof acting on behalf of such person, while in the territory of the United States, corruptly to make use of the mails or any means or instrumentality of interstate commerce or to do any other act in furtherance of an offer, payment, promise to pay, or authorization of the payment of any money, or offer, gift, promise to give, or authorization of the giving of anything of value to—

(1) any foreign official for purposes of—

(A)
(i) influencing any act or decision of such foreign official in his official capacity, (ii) inducing such foreign official to do or omit to do any act in violation of the lawful duty of such official, or (iii) securing any improper advantage; or

(B) inducing such foreign official to use his influence with a foreign government or instrumentality thereof to affect or influence any act or decision of such government or instrumentality, in order to assist such person in obtaining or retaining business for or with, or directing business to, any person;

(2) any foreign political party or official thereof or any candidate for foreign political office for purposes of

(A)
(i) influencing any act or decision of such party, official, or candidate in its or his official capacity, (ii) inducing such party, official, or candidate to do or omit to do an act in violation of the lawful duty of such party, official, or candidate, or (iii) securing any improper advantage; or

(B) inducing such party, official, or candidate to use its or his influence with a foreign government or instrumentality thereof to affect or influence any act or decision of such government or instrumentality, in order to assist such person in obtaining or retaining business for or with, or directing business to, any person; or

(3) any person, while knowing that all or a portion of such money or thing of value will be offered, given, or promised, directly or indirectly, to any foreign official, to any foreign political party or official thereof, or to any candidate for foreign political office, for purposes of—

(A)
(i) influencing any act or decision of such foreign official, political party, party official, or candidate in his or its official capacity, (ii) inducing such foreign official, political party, party official, or candidate to do or omit to do any act in violation of the lawful duty of such foreign official, political party, party official, or candidate, or (iii) securing any improper advantage; or

(B) inducing such foreign official, political party, party official, or candidate to use his or its influence with a foreign government or instrumentality thereof to affect or influence any act or decision of such government or instrumentality, in order to assist such person in obtaining or retaining business for or with, or directing business to, any person.

See, this "law stuff" is almost like you have to go to a school to learn how to find these law-things and read them accurately. Specifically, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act ("FCPA"), which we will be hearing a lot about in the next few weeks, requires that the illegal promise of payment confer an actual benefit, where none is present here, and be done to gain or retain business (not present for Trump), or to have the foreign government official violate his or her official duties (not present here where investigating corruption is part of the official duties of every executive branch official).

So by actually reading the statute, one get to know what the hell the law prohibits. Kind of important here. Further, being an actual, you know, lawyer, who knows how to read a ******* statute, helps one find the following subdivision in the FCPA:

(b) Exception for routine governmental action
Subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to any facilitating or expediting payment to a foreign official, political party, or party official the purpose of which is to expedite or to secure the performance of a routine governmental action by a foreign official, political party, or party official.

Again, the executive branch is the lawkeeper of the branches of government. The sheriff routinely investigates crimes. In fact, that's his ******* job. The executive branch routinely investigates crimes, including corruption involving businesses - that's its job.

So to summarize for 21, a noted legal expert:

• Trump conferred and promised no benefit as part of the discussion, which is why Schitface made up a conversation that did not take place;
  • Trump's communication with Ukraine had nothing to do with establishing or retaining business in the country, so that part of the law does not apply;
  • Trump most certainly did not ask the executive to violate the law, since investigating corruption (Biden) is his job;
  • The request that a foreign executive do his job and investigate corruption is specifically exempted under subdivision (b) in any event.
  • So all in all, this is a giant ******* nothingburger Part III or V or VII.