• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Up next: The Colts

TazManianDevil

Forefather
Reaction score
I might in the minority but we have a chance. Being at home is a huge advantage. Key to the game will be Worlids. If he pressures Luck into some bad throws and with Shazier back hopefully we'll have an opportunity to win....we'll see what this team is made of.

We have a chance if our defense can prevent explosive plays and pressure Luck enough (not necessarily sack him, but rush him) to force FGs when they get inside the 35.

They key is for the offense to score, score, & score some more. Luck will get his points. We just have to get more.

Luck is going to pick this defense apart! The Colts pass defense is pretty good as well. Not trying to be doom and gloom but I think we lose by at least 10-14 points. Who cares about playing at home these days. We were beat by a crappy Bucs team at home.

No one has been able to stop the Colts. We will need to score in the 30's to have a chance. We MUST score early and often. Turnovers will be key also. We can't have any and hope we get at least one or two from them. That means Ben must not give up an easy fumble again.

I figure if we score more points than they do then we should win. our goal as a team should be to score more points than the colts

No one has been able to stop the Colts. We will need to score in the 30's to have a chance. We MUST score early and often. Turnovers will be key also. We can't have any and hope we get at least one or two from them. That means Ben must not give up an easy fumble again.

Meh...they're not world beaters...

Plain and simple the Steelers offense must put up a minimum of 30 points to win this game. Our defense to date has made average QB's look like stars so common sense clearly shows that Luck is going to shred our defense to the tune of at least 30 points. I think we are capable of pulling off the upset but I just don't see it happening. 34-24 Colts.

Colts play the Rats this weekend?

Meh...they're not world beaters...

i saw them vs cincy , their offense had a couple of fumbles that cost near the endzone their defense in first 10 cincy drives forced 9 3 and outs ......
cincy had no aj green but i was impressed

They had better find a real pass rush before Sunday.

Run the ball.

They're throwing it all over the yard, but they're 12th in run defense. If we can keep Luck on the sideline and actually finish drives with TDs, we can win this game. The Colts have only beaten 2 teams with winning records, and both of them are in our division.

The Steelers are 17th in rushing yards and 13th in passing yards. So I guess the Colts can do either one?

Based on the body of work that this football team has displayed, I just cannot see them beating the Colts. They put very little pressure on the QB. have trouble stopping the run, play way off the receivers. This defense is tailor made for a guy of Luck's talents and I could see a huge day on his part.

Our offense is just not consistent and goes to sleep in the red zone. You have a not very good LT, and an under achiever at RT, no clear cut #2 receiver. The offense will have to once again rely on AB and Bell to carry it on their backs. Ben will have to play a great game with very little margin of error and they to score and win the TOP battle to keep Luck on the sidelines. If they pull this three and out crap they're as good as done.

Beatdown of epic proportion. They'll be lucky to hold them to the 55 points that the Pats* put up last year.

The Colts are a certain playoff team but hardly an elite team. Do they have a single pass-rusher of note? A dominant offensive lineman? They have Andrew Luck and a deep and talented group of receiving threats. Davis the CB is playing very well. After Luck, T.Y. Hilton and perhaps Davis, is there another Pro Bowler on that roster?

EDIT: I might be missing the boat on these guys, but I just think it's more a case of them getting on a nice roll than being a legitimate Super Bowl contender...

Last edited:
I will say this is a defining game for us. Can we buck the trend and win two weeks in a row? If we can beat the Colts, I think we've got a real chance to do something special (not a guarantee, but I'll feel much better about our chances). If not, I think we'll be in too big of a whole to come out of, from both a divisional record and a mental standpoint. I think we certainly are capable of it, we'll just have to wait and see.

They have Andrew Luck and a deep and talented group of receiving threats.

You just scared the hell out of all of us right there. :p

Have the aSteelers proven they can tackle or take away the 10 yard pass that turns into first down after first down yet?

Luck is gonna have a field day.

They have a huge advantage at head coach, have a better QB that scores TDs not FGs like Ben. They will destroy our weak defense and unless we get a 21 point gift like we got against the Texans we will lose by 2 TDs or more. This game is men against boys

Many of you guys didn't watch the game apparently. You can call two of the TDs "gifts" if you want, but - again - the score was 13-10 before we got the two turnovers.