• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who do we have for the dreeded "emergency" position................

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
At QB we have Mitch and Kenny dressing but far for be it, who is the game day emergency back up QB ?

In the good O'l days we had guys like Hines Ward and Randle E'l who both played some QB and looked the part.

Last year we had Presley Harvin step in for the KNOCKED the **** out Bozwell and you could tell Harvin was NOT practiced in that respect. I do HOPE he is practicing PK a little so as to be valid should the time arise.

How about LS, shoulod Kuntz go down who is his emergency back up.

In the good O'l days we had James Harrison and we all seen how that went......

For as much "position flexability" drafting this staff does, is this an issue or not? It most definately was in "the BOZ's" case.

I obviously hope for never the need but just curious as to how prepared and practiced these players may be.

Comments

Salute the nation

I was just discussing this very topic yesterday with another fan. I don't know who the emergency kicker, snapper or qb might be. Judging by other times during Tomlins reign it looks like there is no practice time invested in any of that. Is it because the players contracts don't allow? Are snaps limited by contract, or by time on the practice field? Is it an oversight by Tomlin?

As to Harrison, that snap was both the best and worst thing I have ever seen from him. :)

Also, DAY-UMMM, it is game day!!!!

Last edited:
The "emergency" QB is Mason Rudolph. The way it works, if the 3rd QB comes into the game, the starting QB cannot return.

As to "emergency" placekickers and LS ... nobody has a 2nd string kicker. I'm guessing one of the backup C's will likely act as that guy.

The "emergency" QB is Mason Rudolph. The way it works, if the 3rd QB comes into the game, the starting QB cannot return.

As to "emergency" placekickers and LS ... nobody has a 2nd string kicker. I'm guessing one of the backup C's will likely act as that guy.
The 3rd guy needs to be dressed in game day. If he’s in warm ups he doesn’t see action

Who needs a emergency player? Tomlin gave the guys sneakers!

The 3rd guy needs to be dressed in game day. If he’s in warm ups he doesn’t see action

I'm pretty sure Shane Falco is right and that is what my concern was. I know next game Rudy could dress but I'm talking game day. It use to be that the #3 QB was dressed and on the sidelines without counting as a roster spot. I think that rule has been changed so thus the #3 doesn't dress.

NOTE: By the "old" rule Steeltime is right, once put in game the original starter could not re-enter. (rule has been changed)

Salute the nation

That rule is long gone.

Loudermilk is inactive. That's a bit disappointing given his success stopping the run his rookie year. He was a guy I was hoping was going to make a big jump forward from year 1 to 2.

Loudermilk is inactive. That's a bit disappointing given his success stopping the run his rookie year. He was a guy I was hoping was going to make a big jump forward from year 1 to 2.
he did... just he is stuck behind everyone else...

Wormley is the top backup who can spot start as needed.
Adams is the best NT backup
Leal is just a better talent.