• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

WTF!??? This world has gone mad.

crazy!! That is a huge issue with society today...no accountability ,,,no respect for rules or people in positions of authority....My oldest daughter is a teacher, and I worry about her everyday...some of the stories she tells me are just unreal..

BTW...Went to school with the Griffiths at Sacred Heart in Shadyside/East liberty area back in the day...

Marty the news reporter in the video was a few years behind me and his sister....My mother loved to listen to his talk show on KDKA ,,,God rest her soul..

Believe me...if someone disrespected or even talked back to a nun that taught us...we would get our ***** beat by her, the principle, and then our parents at home!

The days of authority figures are slowly coming to an end. There is an all out war against anyone that has a position to over-see others. Police and LEO are front and center to every controversy in this country and it's a matter of time before other professions are under attack, as well. Assaulting a teacher for disciplining your child and for a legit reason? Are you kidding me?

That is disgusting. ******* animals.

I occasionally walk past that school when I have meetings at AGH. That neighborhood is a lot nicer than it was 20 years ago, but still has a way to go evidently.

I couldn't fathom any **** like that happening at any school in my county. What dirtbags! I'm sure their little hell spawn will be just like them.

I left teaching three years ago, after 18 years. Don't miss it.

Don't blame you. I think you would have to be insane to want to teach or be a police officer now. We met with a state trooper at work today and he was basically saying with the way the courts are now you can tell someone your going to kill them and nothing will happen. You need to take the next action or have means to do it. He said he hated to even talk to the person making threats because they know he can't do anything and it puts the police in a lose lose situation.

Being another school person I can tell you that if you have to call home because a kid got into trouble, there is a 95% chance you are gonna get your *** handed to you verbally by the parent. You might even get physically threatened. Doesn't matter if the kid did it, doesn't matter if they've already been expelled from 3 previous schools, doesn't matter of they were caught on tape doing it. You are going to take a verbal *** beating, no questions asked. The kid will get told at home that they don't ever have to put up with **** from the school again because everyone there is out to get them. Today's world. You want to know why we have so many degenerate cretins running around today? You only have to look under the roof they live under.

Last edited:
I know people who teach in that school. I was relieved to find they weren't involved. The family values of many people in the city schools is something I would never subject my child to. Been there, done that. Not worth it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

This is insane. When we were kids in school we knew my mom would back us...if we had a valid concern. We knew better than to get her involved if we were guilty. I took a swat in 8th grade rather than have them call my mom.

I cross the other side of the West End Bridge everyday at 5:15 and know where that happened. In broad daylight, on a highly traveled section of the city, I am amazed at the balls those parents have to assault the teacher your daughter has and you just had a meeting with not long before. You may get away with verbal abuse, but full-on assault? They followed her, hit her with a brick in the face and dragged her from her car to beat her. They didn't even hide it. What stupid pieces of garbage.

I cross the other side of the West End Bridge everyday at 5:15 and know where that happened. In broad daylight, on a highly traveled section of the city, I am amazed at the balls those parents have to assault the teacher your daughter has and you just had a meeting with not long before. You may get away with verbal abuse, but full-on assault? They followed her, hit her with a brick in the face and dragged her from her car to beat her. They didn't even hide it. What stupid pieces of garbage.

Dindu nuffin'.

Believe me...if someone disrespected or even talked back to a nun that taught us...we would get our ***** beat by her, the principle, and then our parents at home!

Word. I also attended Catholic schools basically my entire life, up through 12th grade. You mouthed off and time for that big-*** ruler to be smacked across your knuckles.

It taught all of us the value of "shut the **** up."

******* savages. There's no other way to describe them.

I missed reference to this being the parents that attacked the teacher. There were a metric ****-ton of pop up adds that kept me from seeing the whole story.

I missed reference to this being the parents that attacked the teacher. There were a metric ****-ton of pop up adds that kept me from seeing the whole story.

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — A Pittsburgh Public School teacher was seriously injured after officials say she was followed in her car and assaulted after school, allegedly in a dispute over a child’s cellphone.

Hours after the incident, late on Wednesday night, Pittsburgh Police confirmed to KDKA that they are working on an arrest warrant or warrants for a suspect or suspects in the case, who remain unidentified.

The district has a “no cell phone” policy. The teacher, identified as 46-year-old Janice Watkins, confiscated a phone from a fourth grade girl, who then allegedly bit her. Sources say the student’s parents came to school, with the mother allegedly telling the teacher she was “going to get even.”

Sources say the girl’s parents then followed Watkins in her car as she went to get the bite wound checked out at a local clinic.

According to Pittsburgh Police, the assault happened around 3:15 p.m. at the busy intersection of Route 65 and the West End Bridge. Watkins had just left school when a black SUV approached her vehicle.

“She said, ‘I put my window down and the woman threw a brick through my window,’ and hit her in her face,” said Betty Davis, Watkins’ mother. “And that’s when she said, ‘I told you I would get you,’ and [Watkins] said, ‘I didn’t realize it was two other people,’ but she said she felt something hit her in the back and it was two men.”

The assailants took off after the assault. Watkins, dazed and bleeding, called 911.

“My heart goes out to the child, because what has that mother taught that child? Whatever it is, you solve it with violence,” said Davis.

Watkins suffered facial injuries and lost a tooth. She was taken by ambulance to Allegheny General Hospital and listed in stable condition.

“Her head is hurting real bad, her face on the one side is swollen,” said David. “They say they want to do a scan to make sure everything is okay.”

KDKA reached out to Pittsburgh Public School District officials multiple times Wednesday, but they have not released any comment. However, a teacher at the school tells KDKA that Pittsburgh Police will be present on the grounds Thursday.

Davis says her family will rely on their faith in their battle for justice.

“Let the Lord fight this for me. I’m going to do this right, do it the right way,” she said.

This reminds me of the '87 Pan Am games in Indianapolis. I was in high school and a friends dad got us tickets to a bunch of boxing matches. Lennox Lewis and Riddick Bowe were there. During one of the fights this gigantic dude a couple rows in front of us stood up the whole time screaming "Stick and move, Kenny! Stick and mooooove!" The ref separated them at one point when Kenny was doing well and dude shouts at the top of his lungs "Ref, you lucky I ain't gotta brick!" What is it with black people chucking bricks?

That reporter, Kym Gable, is fricking gorgeous.
Was the disputed cell phone a Bomma Phone?

What is it with black people chucking bricks?

Lol I'm sure that many time in our Nation's history there have been numerous Caucasian brick throwers as well. I don't necessarily think that bricks are preferred by an certain ethnic group.

Lol I'm sure that many time in our Nation's history there have been numerous Caucasian brick throwers as well. I don't necessarily think that bricks are preferred by an certain ethnic group.

No, but attacking authority figures is, as of late.

This reminds me of the '87 Pan Am games in Indianapolis. I was in high school and a friends dad got us tickets to a bunch of boxing matches. Lennox Lewis and Riddick Bowe were there. During one of the fights this gigantic dude a couple rows in front of us stood up the whole time screaming "Stick and move, Kenny! Stick and mooooove!" The ref separated them at one point when Kenny was doing well and dude shouts at the top of his lungs "Ref, you lucky I ain't gotta brick!" What is it with black people chucking bricks?

That reporter, Kym Gable, is fricking gorgeous.
Was the disputed cell phone a Bomma Phone?

That was a great fight! You saw it live? Sweet!

I was through that same intersection earlier in the day driving for my new job.