• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Yay or Nay? Week 3 vs Bengals

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Last week, the “groin gang” (sorry), the Pittsburgh Steelers got banged up all over the place in a home opener loss to the Las Vegas Raiders. With TJ Watt and Alex Highsmith out, Tyson Alualu lost for the season, and Stephon Tuitt out for a few more weeks on IR, the Steelers look to rebound against an improving Cincinnati Bengals squad in Week 3.

Steeler Nation isn’t feeling too great, that is for sure. We went 2-3 last week after a 4-1 first week. Sounds about right. Let’s be real though. There was a buzzing expectation that the Steelers would be 1-1 going into Week 3. It’s just a letdown as it was such a big win in Week 1. Suddenly collapsing AT HOME with groin injuries plaguing the defense. There will be no time to cry over spilled milk as the Steelers will host the Bengals at Heinz Field on Sunday. Division games are big. And without further delay…

The Steelers and Bengals will go three-and-out on their first drives​

Ben Roethlisberger

Photo via Twitter.com/JSKO_PHOTO

The Bengals had a rough outing against the Chicago Bears last week. The Steelers continue to have rough outings on offense. When was the last time the Steelers had an opening drive that led to a score? Hint: it’s been a while. The Bengals have an offensive unit that is stepping up, but Joe Burrow is still a young QB. Ben Roethlisberger is not a young QB. He has been taking a lot of hits and is feeling it now with a pec injury. However, the notion his arm is shot is ridiculous; even if his accuracy has been inconsistent. Will these units go three-and-out on their first drives of the game?

– YAY

The Steelers defense hold Joe Mixon to under 100 all-purpose yards​

Robert Spillane Joe Schobert

Joe Mixon was the NFL’s second-leading rusher coming into Week 2. Last week in their loss, Mixon eclipsed 150 yards of total offense including 127 yards on the ground. The Steelers are allowing less than 100 yards per game on defense. This will be a tough matchup for both teams. Mixon has elevated his game since signing his extension and the Steelers are banged up on defense. However, the Bengals’ offensive line is still an unknown unit. Can the Steelers hold the Bengals’ x-factor to under 100 all-purpose yards?

– YAY

The Steelers O-Line allows more sacks than the Bengals O-Line​

The Steelers’ offensive line has had moments where they look like a unit that can gel and moments where it’s obvious they have young, raw talent starting. The Bengals’ offensive line has been rough as well while having moments of brilliance. The big difference is the Bengals’ offensive line is finding its tracks and moving the train along. The Steelers are still in search of the right railroads. Ben is getting the ball away quickly while Burrow is making plays with his legs—but getting sacked a league-high 10 times. It could go either way, but…

– NAY

Chase Claypool scores two touchdowns​

Chase Claypool

Diontae Johnson is out this week and may very well be out for the foreseeable future. While the big thought is that this means more opportunity for JuJu Smith-Schuster to play on the outside and James Washington to see more snaps, this could very well be the game Chase Claypool gets opportunities to get cooking. He is an athletic freak who is a hot and cold playmaker. Against Buffalo, he was making big “grown man football” plays. Last week, it wasn’t quite as consistent. We all can imagine his snaps will increase significantly. If he can get momentum going, it could jump-start his sophomore season.

– YAY

The city of Cincinnati will consume more chili than the city of Pittsburgh consumes beer​

Credit: Tasty.co

Photo via Tasty.co

My buddy Stefan Lampkin introduced me to the GoldStar vs Skyline chili rivalry in the city of Cincinnati. Though he knows I am a notorious Cincy-hater (he heard about it for like 2.5 years when we worked together), I will give credit that Skyline is unique chili. There are a few times I have bought the canned product and made some solid coneys with it. But, we all know Pittsburgh is a drink-loving town. And this week will either get Steeler Nation alcohol-infused optimistic or down really bad.

– NAY

Agree or disagree? Click to comment below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

If they ******* utilize him, "Big Play" James Washington could have a big day.

I know he had a drop last week, but that's rare for him. And I don't want to hear the lack of separation stuff - if Ben throws the ball his way, he's more than likely the one coming down with it.

If they ******* utilize him, "Big Play" James Washington could have a big day.

I know he had a drop last week, but that's rare for him. And I don't want to hear the lack of separation stuff - if Ben throws the ball his way, he's more than likely the one coming down with it.

BEST "combat" catcher on the team, and him or Freiermuth are the MOST sure handed catchers on the team. JuJu is pretty solid as well.

Salute the nation

Hit Freiermuth early and often

YES SIR and if they send him to where most TE make their catches, Mid-range middle field, HE WILL DEFINATELY MAKE US SAY (sorrry caps) Ebron who....????

Salute the nation