• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bears Hire Chris Morgan as OL Coach

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score

The Pittsburgh Steelers won’t be hiring from within for an offensive line coach this season. That’s because the Chicago Bears hired their only option.

Assistant offensive line coach Chris Morgan has been hired by the Bears as their offensive line coach. Morgan of course filled the role as interim offensive line coach after Adrian Klemm was allowed to head to Oregon.

Now the Steelers haven’t officially announced any interviews for their offensive line coach spot. One would think that Morgan would’ve been an option for the Steelers as he did a good job in the few weeks he controlled the line.

Now this leaves the door wide open for former offensive line coach Mike Munchak to return. Munchak of course left town to be closer to family in Denver in 2019, but a new head coach has left him likely looking for a new job.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Great news now maybe Tomlin will get off his *** and actually make a hire that doesn't come from.one of his stooges.

Meh fine with a hire from outside. They need some fresh blood. I will take it where we can get it.

Can you here me calling can you here me calling you?
Mike & the Mechanics

Lol. the ASSISTANT OL coach, who got the opportunity to elevate at the end of the season because the OL coach jumped ship like a rat who found a floating piece of garbage. Ya. THAT guy just jumped ship quietly without even knockin' on coaches door before he left.

EVERYONE wants to coach under Halfway Mike!

Meh fine with a hire from outside. They need some fresh blood. I will take it where we can get it.
Morgan is actually from the Shanahan coaching tree. Technically he is from the outside. He was probably thinking that he was in the doghouse after benching Green, proving Tomlin he was wrong.

Last edited:
Hmm, makes me 1-1 on my predictions so far for next season.

1. Matt Canada is back. Check.
2. Teryl Austin will be DC. Open.
3. Chris Morgan will be OL coach. Nope.
4. Barring injury, Mason Rudolph will be the starting QB on opening day. Open.

Mike & the Mechanics

Lol. the ASSISTANT OL coach, who got the opportunity to elevate at the end of the season because the OL coach jumped ship like a rat who found a floating piece of garbage. Ya. THAT guy just jumped ship quietly without even knockin' on coaches door before he left.

EVERYONE wants to coach under Halfway Mike!
This is exactly my thought. No one wants to stick around for the Tomlin show.

You know that coaches around the league talk among themselves. I would be shocked if Tomlin is held in the same esteem he is by the stupid media.

Hmm, makes me 1-1 on my predictions so far for next season.

1. Matt Canada is back. Check.
2. Teryl Austin will be DC. Open.
3. Chris Morgan will be OL coach. Nope.
4. Barring injury, Mason Rudolph will be the starting QB on opening day. Open.

You bid well, now about that new head coaching gig,............................. when ?

Salute the nation

Time to show Mike Munchak the money.

AND more sweetener............................. assistant HC.

Desperate times call for change, is Munchak a better coach................. aybe not but we need more than just a football coach we need someone who can get back to basics and fundamentals along with not being afraid in hiring assistant coaches who may be better than himself.

Salute the nation

You know that coaches around the league talk among themselves. I would be shocked if Tomlin is held in the same esteem he is by the stupid media.
Other head coaches love him because they know they can beat him in the playoffs.

Other head coaches love him because they know they can beat him in the playoffs.

There is truth to this as other teams occasional player will make a comment about how the STEELERS are one of the easiest to defend offense or defense. No one hires away fpr both not very good cordinators and don't want us to get any better coaching.

Randy Fitchner, Bubbles, Butler all subpar underlings

Salute the nation

I actually liked Morgan and would’ve been fine with him. He helped the line the best he could with a few games left.

He did more in 2 weeks than Klemm did in near a whole season, add Serrett in there as well.

Salute the nation