• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

CBS Sports Ranks Steelers as Top ‘Potential Imposters’ at 2-0

Trump Is Gangsta

Registered
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers have started the 2024 season with a rare 2-0 record, achieved only eight times in the last 25 years. Despite this promising start, CBS Sports ranks them as the biggest "potential imposters" among the current 2-0 teams, citing skepticism regarding their long-term viability. Teams that go 2-0 have a 63% chance of making the playoffs, with that statistic increasing to 75% if they reach 3-0. However, the Steelers have only managed a 3-0 start three times since 2000, leading experts to doubt their playoff prospects compared to divisional rivals like the Ravens and Bengals.

By the Numbers
  • The Steelers have started 2-0 only 8 times in the last 25 years.
  • Teams that start 2-0 make playoffs 63% of the time; 75% if they reach 3-0.
State of Play
  • Steelers ranked last among 2-0 teams by CBS Sports.
  • The Baltimore Ravens and Cincinnati Bengals, combined 0-4, are seen as more dangerous.
  • Expert preseason rankings had the Steelers in third or fourth place in the AFC North.
What's Next
The Steelers will face the Los Angeles Chargers this Sunday, giving them an opportunity to solidify their status and prove doubters wrong. Maintaining a successful run game and defensive performance will be crucial in this matchup.

Bottom Line
Despite their 2-0 record, skepticism remains regarding the Steelers’ legitimacy as contenders. Their upcoming performance will be pivotal in determining whether they can overcome the imposter label and secure a playoff position.

Yep, for someone who can’t find peace with-in theirselves, surely can’t find peace with his favorite team.

Grab that one, even though you may perceive it as very small positive and latch onto it, from there that seed will grow…..

Salute the nation

They aren't wrong. We are being carried by the Defense. We have no QB.

Reactions: xjx
They aren't wrong. We are being carried by the Defense. We have no QB.
They have a new coordinator sometimes these things need time to be cohesive. Plus we have another QB that is still in play. So I wouldn’t say the Steelers have no QB. I think that is somewhat of an exaggeration.

They have a new coordinator sometimes these things need time to be cohesive. Plus we have another QB that is still in play. So I wouldn’t say the Steelers have no QB. I think that is somewhat of an exaggeration.
Riiiiiight.

You have to wait about 5 games to truly get a feel for what a team will be. I have no issue with them calling us an imposter. We still need to see the O unleashed by Tomlin so we can see what they have there. They keep losing OL so that is also a concern.

Last year they dodged most of the best QBs and now will likely miss Herbert after getting post-Achilles Cousins in week 1 who was knocking off rust. Those are tailor-made attrition victories for them.

Even if they started 9-2 like they did in '83 with Cliff Stoudt, I'd still expect them to bottom out in the playoffs when the game is acclerated against the better Qbs and coaches. We are in '80s territory right now and only getting a reprieve because of the current trend toward lower scoring and fewer passing TDs league-wide playing to our strengths and missing the KO QBs lately.

It's like when gas prices spike and suddenly 4 cylinders like us are back in vogue. The big SUVs will come back around come playoff time.

We are not a threat to score a lot. Ravens and Bengals have shown in the past. That's what they are trying to write an article about. CBS is real news.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

You have to wait about 5 games to truly get a feel for what a team will be. I have no issue with them calling us an imposter. We still need to see the O unleashed by Tomlin so we can see what they have there. They keep losing OL so that is also a concern.
I hope the “O” getting unleashed happens soon…. I’m still waiting for hell in December to be for over a decade now! 😉

We are not a threat to score a lot. Ravens and Bengals have shown in the past. That's what they are trying to write an article about. CBS is real news.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
We are no world beaters scoring 15 points a game, period.

I had a killer breakfast this morning. I made a 6 egg omelet for Mrs Blitz and I. Onions, bacon, fresh Tomato and jalapeño picked this morning.
Side of Bacon, coffee and homemade carrot juice. Damn good.

I hope the “O” getting unleashed happens soon…. I’m still waiting for hell in December to be for over a decade now! 😉
Well it isn’t December yet obviously! 😅

I had a killer breakfast this morning. I made a 6 egg omelet for Mrs Blitz and I. Onions, bacon, fresh Tomato and jalapeño picked this morning.
Side of Bacon, coffee and homemade carrot juice. Damn good.
Nursing a viral so soup is on my menu. Just tried this German potato soup from Aldi. Was good but not all world like you must have it again type. I think I might be a little soup picky though had this chicken noodle the other day that I thought was meh.

Good point. We need 17 years of a coach's resume PLUS 5 games to get an accurate feel of how things really are.

It took less than that in your post count, for many to determine where you stand.

Salute the nation