• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Conference Championships thread.

We will now toss the two headed coin. New England would you like Heads or Tails. I would take heads if I was you.

tenor.gif

I'm really starting to lean toward the "it's fixed" crowd. Maybe I'll pick up some of their literature.

For years I have been hearin' this accusation and I ignored it....Like I said, where's the information booth ?

Tell me I'm crazy and I didn't see two very close ( entertaining ) games come down to the wire with some questionable officiating deciding the difference.

Hey, I do alcohol , sue me.

th

The moral of this story, defense is irrelevant

Draft all offense

The moral of this story, defense is irrelevant

Draft all offense

The #1 offense is watching the SB from home because of their horrific defense.

Chiefs had the #1 defense in the league in sacks, didnt help them

Chiefs had the #1 defense in the league in sacks, didnt help them

You have to pressure Brady up the middle and Suh and Donald can do it. Make him move and he is in trouble. Not sure if it will be enough to overcome the will of the Refs though.

Eh let Brady and Gronk win it all then retire, lol

Here's the lesson. Stop trying to bring in all this top notch defensive talent. It's a waste. All you do is get 4 big run stuffers on the DL that can't be moved. Then a few mediocre talent LBs that aren't great but are always in the right spot. Last, you get some big DBs and just have them hold on every play.

That's the tricky part, is holding, not pass interference. After you've screwed up the route with your holding, you have to let the guy run free as the ball sails over his head so there's no call.

That's about it for defense.

On offense. Screw skill players. Get a really good run blocking OL. Then a RB that runs hard through the hole and gets your 4 yards. This guy's career long run will probably be 8 yards but that's perfect. Next add a RB that can catch.

You run or throw a quick pass on 1st and 2nd. Then on 3rd, apparently all you have to do is have your RB and TE chip in protection, then throw to your slot guy who will be wide open on an easy throw that will get 1 more yard than you need.

3 TEs and two FBs on every play, just like in the 50s, yeah, thats the ticket, that forward pass thing will never last

Btw, Jimmy Buffett and Melissa Etheridge both need to never sing the national anthem again.

Jimmy's was bad. He needed a guitar or something to keep him in tune. I didn't hear Melissa's version as it was wayyy too loud at the sports bar. She did, however, look like she ate the Michelin Man for dinner.

I am tired of the Brady is clutch bulkshit. If Dee Ford knows how to line up, Brady just threw his third pick that gave the game away. That isn’t clutch. It’s also not clutch against a defense that can’t cover Julian Edelman. Cripes, they handed it to him. Nothing clutch about it.

I am tired of the Brady is clutch bulkshit. If Dee Ford knows how to line up, Brady just threw his third pick that gave the game away. That isn’t clutch. It’s also not clutch against a defense that can’t cover Julian Edelman. Cripes, they handed it to him. Nothing clutch about it.

They converted three 3rd and 10's in overtime. At arrowhead. If thats not clutch, what is clutch? I guarantee you if its the Steelers in last night's game and Ben converts three 3rd and longs in overtime on the game-winning drive, we ALL would be singing his praises as being clutch, and rightly so

They converted three 3rd and 10's in overtime. At arrowhead. If thats not clutch, what is clutch? I guarantee you if its the Steelers in last night's game and Ben converts three 3rd and longs in overtime on the game-winning drive, we ALL would be singing his praises as being clutch, and rightly so

Disagree. He picked apart what was essentially a prevent defense. DB's playing 10 yards off the line. It was pitch and catch. Easy stuff for Brady. And considering that the Chefs are 1-8 in their last nine playoff games at home, not sure how much mystique Arrowhead carries these days.

As far as Ben goes, I don't know how long you've been here, but I am pretty sure this group would have been more focused on his short-comings. Guy goes for over 400 with 5 TD's in his last playoff game and all you hear about is the INT and fumble.

Disagree. He picked apart what was essentially a prevent defense. DB's playing 10 yards off the line. It was pitch and catch. Easy stuff for Brady. And considering that the Chefs are 1-8 in their last nine playoff games at home, not sure how much mystique Arrowhead carries these days.

As far as Ben goes, I don't know how long you've been here, but I am pretty sure this group would have been more focused on his short-comings. Guy goes for over 400 with 5 TD's in his last playoff game and all you hear about is the INT and fumble.

Its the AFC championship game; by its very definition, what was done was all "in the clutch"

Brady only had one good half of Super Bowl play ever. The second half against ATL. Every other game, he was just a guy that needed a kicker or defensive help to win games.

Brady only had one good half of Super Bowl play ever. The second half against ATL. Every other game, he was just a guy that needed a kicker or defensive help to win games.

brady is one of the most clutch players in the history of this league, as much as it sucks to admit. Its obvious to anybody that can be honest with themselves