• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dupree is quiet in his debut

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Dupree didn't do much. I was hoping to see him flash 1st round talent like Shazier did in his debut. Instead Dupree looked lost.

too much thinking. it happens.

no thread on Tajh Boyd?
Devin Gardner wants some love.
As do the two RBs.

Boykin is patiently waiting as well.

chop chop, Coach.

He showed a lot of hustle and effort.. Once things come together for him and he still plays at that energy level, he'll look like a first rounder. I'm not worried

He is clueless right now. 4-6 games and all will be well.

He is clueless right now. 4-6 games and all will be well.

True. I'm hoping he flashes some pass rushing skills before the 4th pre-season games ends. A base pass rush on skills alone is something we need from him.

He held the edge well twice on stretch plays coming his way. I thought he got off of the snap well and at least showed a couple pass moves he got knocked down on a spin move. I thought he was OK. You have to remember a good player might get 8 sacks in a season. I don't expect results from a rookie in a half of one game.

I think the formula of slow and steady has been more successful. I wish we had a rookie of the year on our hands, but the Steeler way has been patience. Antonio Brown, Cam Heyward, and Martavis Bryant come to mind. But we've been inserting Jarvis Jones and Shazier into the starting lineup and so far its been disappointing. Yes these guys are all different, but I think the intangibles like "watch, learn and wait" has been a contribution to their later success.

Dupree didn't do much. I was hoping to see him flash 1st round talent like Shazier did in his debut. Instead Dupree looked lost.

Finally I fully agree with you...

But, like Supe has already alluded to - I was expecting at least 97 new threads from you by dawn...

You're slackin', Coach, get crackin'!!!

First ******* preseason game, on what, 14 days of his first NFL training camp...smh

Dupree did OK. What I liked is he didn't just try to loop around the OT and get pushed past the QB. He understands that he has to beat the OT at the line with pass rush moves. I also saw him trying different moves which puts him ahead of where Jarvis was.

At least he has strength and burst. Jarvis has neither. 8In hindsight we should have traded for Boykin before the draft and taken Randy Gregory in rd 2.

quiet like a Ninja?

At least he has strength and burst. Jarvis has neither. 8In hindsight we should have traded for Boykin before the draft and taken Randy Gregory in rd 2.

They tried to trade for Boykin on draft day, the eagles turned us down twice.

Word from camp is his knees are too big.

Considering all the draft picks we have thrown at this position with very little success to show for it, the additional scrutiny is warranted.

Considering how old James is and how ineffective Jarvis is, Gregory in rd 2 would have been smart.

Considering how old James is and how ineffective Jarvis is, Gregory in rd 2 would have been smart.

No, it would not have been. Steelers don't draft players that want / need to have a team-employed babysitter watching over him every hour of every day.

Coach, its that low wonderlic score that did him in. He just processes far too slow. He's a bust. Should have never drafted him. Relax Coach. My man Bud will be just fine. Its far too early to be concerned with Bud. Now Uncle Jarvis is another matter.

No, it would not have been. Steelers don't draft players that want / need to have a team-employed babysitter watching over him every hour of every day.
Like Mike Adams?

Durpee

Finally I fully agree with you...

But, like Supe has already alluded to - I was expecting at least 97 new threads from you by dawn...

You're slackin', Coach, get crackin'!!!

If I didn't know you any better I'd say you're trying to bait me. :smile-new: You'll have to wait for next week for my " How did Durpee do " thread. Let's hope its a bit more positive. Steeler Depot put Durpee's performance under the losers with Landry Jones and Jessie James.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steeler Depot put Durpee's performance under the losers with Landry Jones and Jessie James.

This is the equivalent of someone here making a winners and losers post.

Dupree needs to do a better job at setting the edge and staying at home. However, I don't expect much from him in the first year. Pass rushers need two or three years to develop unless they are special. Dupree is a top athlete, but we all knew he would need a lot of work.

cut him now !

Ist part they did try. second part not just no but hell no.