• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Elliott said we jacked around in practice all week

Sounds wonderful.

I have fished some from a kayak, but I just enjoy walking the rivers, creeks and mountain streams, so that's the way I fish pretty much.

I was fishing Penns Creek back in May though, and those big rocks and current. Getting a little harder as I get older. I slip and stumble around and think to myself, "I used to be an athlete."
Love that!
Buddy has cabin in tionesta..
Still own the record for largest Rainbow reeled in up there amongst my friends..
Caught in steam that runs alongside 6 heading towards Sheffield..just past the intersection of 6 and 666..

Eliott just another of a long list of Steeler players that say the Tomlin ship does't stay focused............and it drives the Tomlin lolaysts mad to hear. You'd think he was their Fuhrer, lol.

Let's watch.

You couldn't walk the 20 miles a week I do on hilly terrain. You'd cry and give up. Also, I'm sorry you can't afford it and arent any good at it.

Best of luck with the Bingo game this weekend. You get no more of my time.

Yeah, walking 20 miles a week is something. You're practically Navy Seal or Delta Force conditioning level.

That's some legendary stuff. You should give us all tips on how you accomplish such great feats.

You couldn't walk the 20 miles a week I do on hilly terrain. You'd cry and give up. Also, I'm sorry you can't afford it and arent any good at it.

Best of luck with the Bingo game this weekend. You get no more of my time.
Oh no, no more wisdom from Pike(r)ville.

Sounds wonderful.

I have fished some from a kayak, but I just enjoy walking the rivers, creeks and mountain streams, so that's the way I fish pretty much.

I was fishing Penns Creek back in May though, and those big rocks and current. Getting a little harder as I get older. I slip and stumble around and think to myself, "I used to be an athlete."
Same. I'm actually thinking about giving up big game hunting. Sucks.

When I fly fish, I head to the furthest place I can get to. I would rather catch small fish than fish around a crowd. These days the "furthest place I can get to" is closer to home than it was when I started this pattern.

I also have to correct the spelling in about 30% of my typed spelling.

Jacking around and the slow starts for at least 3 years in a row now are 100% on Tomlin. He is the common denominator. It's shocking that Rooney doesn't see this or hear this and do something about it. Tomlin living in his fears for the slow starts. We should play to win and not play not to lose.
Rooney IS the problem.

I notice some of the fans here will back Tomlin no matter what and seem to get agitated when others express being tired of the same old same old.

I'm done saying "we'll get em' next year!". Tomlin has lowered expectatioms and it's criminal. We could have started off 8 and 0 and every still knows this team isn't going deep in the playoffs.
if we do not do anything this year, we'll get em next year

Well, I'm terrible at golf but can catch a fish so I tell myself that.

I few years ago though a bunch of us got together for a round of golf. All these guys golf except me. So it's my turn to tee off on the first hole, they are all standing around waiting to make an asss out of me, which ain't that hard. I hit a shot straight down the fairway, long, best golf shot of my lifetime for sure. I looked at them and said "And to think, you guys do this all the time!"

The rest of the round quickly went to shiit. But I had that moment.
Golf courses sometimes have ponds full of bass. I do not golf, but spend a lot of time on golf courses. If you find a good pond, it is almost unfair. I do not think some of the golf course fish have ever seen a lure. you get kicked off the course everyone once in a while but worth it.

I notice some of the fans here will back Tomlin no matter what and seem to get agitated when others express being tired of the same old same old.

I'm done saying "we'll get em' next year!". Tomlin has lowered expectatioms and it's criminal. We could have started off 8 and 0 and every still knows this team isn't going deep in the playoffs.
It's a good thing Cowher left the cupboard full for Tomlin in 2007 cause we've seen since 2011 what happens when you ask Tomlin to build his own sb contender. Crazy thing is he led the league in pro bowl appearances with 52 between 2011-2021 so clearly the front office kept him saturated with talent, but it wasn't a veteran established sb winner that Cowher left him with. The excuses for this guy are tired and old at this point. Meanwhile, NE won three sbs in the same timeframe, but I had buddies telling me how Tomlin was a better coach than Bellichick.

Belicheck rested on his laurels after 6 superbowls. Tomlin rests on his laurels as soon as a winning season looks promising. Checkers vs. Chess.
The Tomlin you've seen since 2011 is the one that went 31st against the pass in MN as defensive coordinator in 2006.

It's a good thing Cowher left the cupboard full for Tomlin in 2007 cause we've seen since 2011 what happens when you ask Tomlin to build his own sb contender. Crazy thing is he led the league in pro bowl appearances with 52 between 2011-2021 so clearly the front office kept him saturated with talent, but it wasn't a veteran established sb winner that Cowher left him with. The excuses for this guy are tired and old at this point. Meanwhile, NE won three sbs in the same timeframe, but I had buddies telling me how Tomlin was a better coach than Bellichick.

F off New England homer pretending to be a Steeler fan. NOBODY respects the "Patriots". AKA The Cheatriots. The "Patritots calling themselves Patriots is like Democrats calling themselves Democratic. In fact, they have a lot in common since they live to cheat. Get lost.

F off New England homer pretending to be a Steeler fan. NOBODY respects the "Patriots". AKA The Cheatriots. The "Patritots calling themselves Patriots is like Democrats calling themselves Democratic. In fact, they have a lot in common since they live to cheat. Get lost.
Dude you seriously misconstrued my post.

If Najee is always seeing stacked boxes and he's on the field with Justin explain how the box is not stacked for Justin? Are they not on the same field at the same time? Justin got all his rushing yards with Harris on the Field.
Let's see...Justin Fields = QB with excellent running ability / Najee Harris = power back

Why would the defense stack the box to stop a mobile QB???

Let's see...Justin Fields = QB with excellent running ability / Najee Harris = power back

Why would the defense stack the box to stop a mobile QB???
Well since both guys play on the same field at the same time in the same formation one a few feet from the other, which one is it? The box is either stacked both both of them or neither of them. Can't have it both ways. If the box is "always" stacked for Najee it would be also stacked for Justin by default. No? if not please explain

Well since both guys play on the same field at the same time in the same formation one a few feet from the other, which one is it? The box is either stacked both both of them or neither of them. Can't have it both ways. If the box is "always" stacked for Najee it would be also stacked for Justin by default. No? if not please explain
You are not an obtuse person. I know this.

Since you need an example---let's use this:

If the play breaks down or coverage busts - Justin can take off and use his legs. When there are 7 defenders in the box and both the A and B gaps are overloaded - where is the RB supposed to go??? Plays like that result in no gains, losses and, ask Mendy, fumbles.

Let's be 100% absolute crystal clear...

Najee IS NOT Barry Sanders or even Jalen Warren when it comes to burst and elusiveness. Heck, Patterson is more elusive than Najee. But...

When it gets cold and the field is in bad condition - I bet you'll look for your mudder over that elusive back.

If we somehow can keep both Najee and Jalen - we have a good problem to have...

you know better than this