• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Embarrassing!

ReedK470

Registered
Reaction score
1st time poster here or anywhere. Midwestern Steeler fan since 1972, I read everything "Steelers" I can, including blogs, and take everyones opinion with a grain of salt. I agree with some and laugh at others as I'm sure you will with mine. But here it is. "A .500 football team that lacks discipline, physicality and an identity". That says it all right there RyanM. I've been a Steeler fan since 1972 and I'm at the point of being embarrassed to admit it any more. The Steelers were bums until Noll got there in 69 and put his mark on this now "Historic Franchise" and Cower continued his tradition when he got there. By being able to identify young men in college at an early age, before they've yet become grown men, and drafting them, teaching them how to become men and good football players on and off the field, and turning them into what would become known as a "Steeler" Blue collar men with "football intelligence and football skills that work hard and simply play football for the love of the game and competing to win", Ryan Clark comes to mind. If your a defender, you don't have to be the biggest or fastest guy on the field, but you better know your job, where to be, and make the tackle when you get there or be prepared to get your helmet pulled off by Chuck Noll or receive the chin and spit from an unhinged Bill Cower! Jack Lambert comes to mind. If your a wide receiver the same applies, you've got 1 job Diontae Johnson, catch the ball! He can't even pull that off without running away from contact like a 3 year old trying to elude a spanking from his mom. Pathetic, and embarrassing! Absolutely no heart, desire, or drive to be the best that he can be for the team or even himself. And that's Tomlins #1? I'll take another Hines Ward thank you. How many times in Hines Ward's career did he do a Tik Tok dance on the opposing teams logo before a game? Zero! The same amount of times Juju"s done it under Andy Reed and Bill Belicheck. That statement kinda speaks for itself doesn't it? A "Steeler" is born with, or is at least adaptable to having a "we" and not an "I" mentality. That is what winning football games and being a family and a locker room is all about. Not Facebook Live! And How about LeVeon Bell, Antonio Brown, and soon to be George Pickens! "They're grown men" Tomlin says? He's not even a grown man. What kind of example are you trying to set when you wander onto the field in front of a man taking one to your house on a kickoff "in prime time?", Embarrassing! Drafting and free agent signings is never an exact science, this I know. But who in the history of the NFL has ever proven to be worse than Mike Tomlin at it? How about player management? You think he doesn't have the final say or word on who gets drafted or signed? Don't be an idiot, This Rooney can't even spell football or he'd have ridded himself of Mike Tomlin over a decade ago. It's about time somebody get the balls to tell him "His Grandfather DOESN'T approve of the direction this franchise is going anymore! Guess I'll do it. Mike Tomlin is a narcissistic control freak who speaks elegantly in the we/team format to the press and in light of the public eye so everybody will like him, no different than a murderer says "I didn't do it, he did." Why do you think there's no coaching tree? Anybody in the organization with any promise or success as a coach (and this is early in his tenure when Cower had left him some) is sent down the road and the rejects we have now are hired in there place. Mike Tomlin has to be the smartest man in the room, control everything, and that's not easy for him to do being the head coach of a NFL franchise. Considering most of the players he drafts are smarter and better when they first arrive than they are when they leave. Does anyone remember how successful Ben used to be in the hurry up offense, yet how little we used it? We even opened a game with it against the Patriots once with success, only to slow it down again. (Just a note: When I think of Belichick vs Tomlin matchups "The Waterboy" pops into my head. Not how Bill and Mike project themselves on the outside, but how they feel about each other on the inside. You can decide which one's Winkler and which one's Reed for yourself, lol.) In 2020 Ben's stats looked like this, Roethlisberger went an astounding 50-63 (79.3%) from the no-huddle for 477 yards with 3 touchdowns, 0 interceptions and a passer rating of 114.1. Any guesses as to why we didn't use that more often when we weren't getting spanked or in playoff scenarios? Mine is this, Tomlin can't script enough plays that the qb doesn't/can't/or won't be willing to improvise and call his own play. Even if it is in the best interest of the team. It's gotta be "Mediocre Mike's Standard" or it's not happening. Don't blame Canada for sucking all this time, he knew he sucked when he got hired, but he was offered more $ than he'd ever make in his lifetime with this one contract, and he was the ONLY guy Dumlin could find to drop his pants and play puppet with him...... As far as the free agent signings that have been made in the past 17 yrs, where do I begin? I'll sum it up with this, Derek Watt signed a 3 year, $9,750,000 contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers, including a $3,250,000 signing bonus, $3,250,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $3,250,000. I was 55 when he signed that contract and I could have put up the #'s he did, including special teams #'s, and I would have done it for a 12 pack. But only for a different coach. Mitch Trubisky, 7 million dollars a year? Embarrassing! And how about this? Terrell Edmunds, a projected 3rd rounder by all the experts, Tomlin takes as a 1st round draft pick? No team would even make an offer to sign him after his rookie contract he stunk so bad, so Tomlin resigned him for the minimum, kept him as a starter, and once again made our team worse. Embarrassing! I'm not spoiled, I'm embarrassed! Tomlin's running a Day Care for juvenile delinquents and they're all hand picked by him. It's embarrassing! Thank goodness Minkah had Saban, Watt had his brother, and Cam had his Dad to teach them football before they got there because under Tomlin so many of our players seem to get dumber and act like babies while scaling the roof in there own grandiosity. Embarrassing! And if your a true life long Steeler fan like I am, you would be to.

1st time poster here or anywhere. Midwestern Steeler fan since 1972, I read everything "Steelers" I can, including blogs, and take everyones opinion with a grain of salt. I agree with some and laugh at others as I'm sure you will with mine. But here it is.

"A .500 football team that lacks discipline, physicality and an identity". That says it all right there RyanM.

I've been a Steeler fan since 1972 and I'm at the point of being embarrassed to admit it any more. The Steelers were bums until Noll got there in 69 and put his mark on this now "Historic Franchise" and Cower continued his tradition when he got there.

By being able to identify young men in college at an early age, before they've yet become grown men, and drafting them, teaching them how to become men and good football players on and off the field, and turning them into what would become known as a "Steeler" Blue collar men with "football intelligence and football skills that work hard and simply play football for the love of the game and competing to win", Ryan Clark comes to mind.

If your a defender, you don't have to be the biggest or fastest guy on the field, but you better know your job, where to be, and make the tackle when you get there or be prepared to get your helmet pulled off by Chuck Noll or receive the chin and spit from an unhinged Bill Cower! Jack Lambert comes to mind.

If your a wide receiver the same applies, you've got 1 job Diontae Johnson, catch the ball! He can't even pull that off without running away from contact like a 3 year old trying to elude a spanking from his mom. Pathetic, and embarrassing! Absolutely no heart, desire, or drive to be the best that he can be for the team or even himself. And that's Tomlins #1? I'll take another Hines Ward thank you.

How many times in Hines Ward's career did he do a Tik Tok dance on the opposing teams logo before a game? Zero! The same amount of times Juju"s done it under Andy Reed and Bill Belicheck. That statement kinda speaks for itself doesn't it?

A "Steeler" is born with, or is at least adaptable to having a "we" and not an "I" mentality. That is what winning football games and being a family and a locker room is all about. Not Facebook Live!

And How about LeVeon Bell, Antonio Brown, and soon to be George Pickens! "They're grown men" Tomlin says? He's not even a grown man.

What kind of example are you trying to set when you wander onto the field in front of a man taking one to your house on a kickoff "in prime time?", Embarrassing!

Drafting and free agent signings is never an exact science, this I know. But who in the history of the NFL has ever proven to be worse than Mike Tomlin at it?

How about player management? You think he doesn't have the final say or word on who gets drafted or signed? Don't be an idiot, This Rooney can't even spell football or he'd have ridded himself of Mike Tomlin over a decade ago.

It's about time somebody get the balls to tell him "His Grandfather DOESN'T approve of the direction this franchise is going anymore!

Guess I'll do it. Mike Tomlin is a narcissistic control freak who speaks elegantly in the we/team format to the press and in light of the public eye so everybody will like him, no different than a murderer says "I didn't do it, he did."

Why do you think there's no coaching tree? Anybody in the organization with any promise or success as a coach (and this is early in his tenure when Cower had left him some) is sent down the road and the rejects we have now are hired in there place.

Mike Tomlin has to be the smartest man in the room, control everything, and that's not easy for him to do being the head coach of a NFL franchise.

Considering most of the players he drafts are smarter and better when they first arrive than they are when they leave.

Does anyone remember how successful Ben used to be in the hurry up offense, yet how little we used it? We even opened a game with it against the Patriots once with success, only to slow it down again. (Just a note: When I think of Belichick vs Tomlin matchups "The Waterboy" pops into my head. Not how Bill and Mike project themselves on the outside, but how they feel about each other on the inside. You can decide which one's Winkler and which one's Reed for yourself, lol.)

In 2020 Ben's stats looked like this, Roethlisberger went an astounding 50-63 (79.3%) from the no-huddle for 477 yards with 3 touchdowns, 0 interceptions and a passer rating of 114.1. Any guesses as to why we didn't use that more often when we weren't getting spanked or in playoff scenarios?

Mine is this, Tomlin can't script enough plays that the qb doesn't/can't/or won't be willing to improvise and call his own play. Even if it is in the best interest of the team. It's gotta be "Mediocre Mike's Standard" or it's not happening.

Don't blame Canada for sucking all this time, he knew he sucked when he got hired, but he was offered more $ than he'd ever make in his lifetime with this one contract, and he was the ONLY guy Dumlin could find to drop his pants and play puppet with him......

As far as the free agent signings that have been made in the past 17 yrs, where do I begin? I'll sum it up with this, Derek Watt signed a 3 year, $9,750,000 contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers, including a $3,250,000 signing bonus, $3,250,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $3,250,000. I was 55 when he signed that contract and I could have put up the #'s he did, including special teams #'s, and I would have done it for a 12 pack. But only for a different coach.

Mitch Trubisky, 7 million dollars a year? Embarrassing! And how about this? Terrell Edmunds, a projected 3rd rounder by all the experts, Tomlin takes as a 1st round draft pick? No team would even make an offer to sign him after his rookie contract he stunk so bad, so Tomlin resigned him for the minimum, kept him as a starter, and once again made our team worse. Embarrassing!

I'm not spoiled, I'm embarrassed! Tomlin's running a Day Care for juvenile delinquents and they're all hand picked by him. It's embarrassing!

Thank goodness Minkah had Saban, Watt had his brother, and Cam had his Dad to teach them football before they got there because under Tomlin so many of our players seem to get dumber and act like babies while scaling the roof in there own grandiosity. Embarrassing! And if your a true life long Steeler fan like I am, you would be to.

Added spaces for anyone who wants to read it

I disagree.

With the OP, me, or Minkah? I'm not sure what more can be disagreed with right now....That's why I'm asking. (And not in a mean way)
Oh. Sorry. With the OP. Maybe he simply didn't go into enough detail to explain himself. It was a bit vague.

1st time poster here or anywhere. Midwestern Steeler fan since 1972, I read everything "Steelers" I can, including blogs, and take everyones opinion with a grain of salt. I agree with some and laugh at others as I'm sure you will with mine. But here it is. "A .500 football team that lacks discipline, physicality and an identity". That says it all right there RyanM. I've been a Steeler fan since 1972 and I'm at the point of being embarrassed to admit it any more. The Steelers were bums until Noll got there in 69 and put his mark on this now "Historic Franchise" and Cower continued his tradition when he got there. By being able to identify young men in college at an early age, before they've yet become grown men, and drafting them, teaching them how to become men and good football players on and off the field, and turning them into what would become known as a "Steeler" Blue collar men with "football intelligence and football skills that work hard and simply play football for the love of the game and competing to win", Ryan Clark comes to mind. If your a defender, you don't have to be the biggest or fastest guy on the field, but you better know your job, where to be, and make the tackle when you get there or be prepared to get your helmet pulled off by Chuck Noll or receive the chin and spit from an unhinged Bill Cower! Jack Lambert comes to mind. If your a wide receiver the same applies, you've got 1 job Diontae Johnson, catch the ball! He can't even pull that off without running away from contact like a 3 year old trying to elude a spanking from his mom. Pathetic, and embarrassing! Absolutely no heart, desire, or drive to be the best that he can be for the team or even himself. And that's Tomlins #1? I'll take another Hines Ward thank you. How many times in Hines Ward's career did he do a Tik Tok dance on the opposing teams logo before a game? Zero! The same amount of times Juju"s done it under Andy Reed and Bill Belicheck. That statement kinda speaks for itself doesn't it? A "Steeler" is born with, or is at least adaptable to having a "we" and not an "I" mentality. That is what winning football games and being a family and a locker room is all about. Not Facebook Live! And How about LeVeon Bell, Antonio Brown, and soon to be George Pickens! "They're grown men" Tomlin says? He's not even a grown man. What kind of example are you trying to set when you wander onto the field in front of a man taking one to your house on a kickoff "in prime time?", Embarrassing! Drafting and free agent signings is never an exact science, this I know. But who in the history of the NFL has ever proven to be worse than Mike Tomlin at it? How about player management? You think he doesn't have the final say or word on who gets drafted or signed? Don't be an idiot, This Rooney can't even spell football or he'd have ridded himself of Mike Tomlin over a decade ago. It's about time somebody get the balls to tell him "His Grandfather DOESN'T approve of the direction this franchise is going anymore! Guess I'll do it. Mike Tomlin is a narcissistic control freak who speaks elegantly in the we/team format to the press and in light of the public eye so everybody will like him, no different than a murderer says "I didn't do it, he did." Why do you think there's no coaching tree? Anybody in the organization with any promise or success as a coach (and this is early in his tenure when Cower had left him some) is sent down the road and the rejects we have now are hired in there place. Mike Tomlin has to be the smartest man in the room, control everything, and that's not easy for him to do being the head coach of a NFL franchise. Considering most of the players he drafts are smarter and better when they first arrive than they are when they leave. Does anyone remember how successful Ben used to be in the hurry up offense, yet how little we used it? We even opened a game with it against the Patriots once with success, only to slow it down again. (Just a note: When I think of Belichick vs Tomlin matchups "The Waterboy" pops into my head. Not how Bill and Mike project themselves on the outside, but how they feel about each other on the inside. You can decide which one's Winkler and which one's Reed for yourself, lol.) In 2020 Ben's stats looked like this, Roethlisberger went an astounding 50-63 (79.3%) from the no-huddle for 477 yards with 3 touchdowns, 0 interceptions and a passer rating of 114.1. Any guesses as to why we didn't use that more often when we weren't getting spanked or in playoff scenarios? Mine is this, Tomlin can't script enough plays that the qb doesn't/can't/or won't be willing to improvise and call his own play. Even if it is in the best interest of the team. It's gotta be "Mediocre Mike's Standard" or it's not happening. Don't blame Canada for sucking all this time, he knew he sucked when he got hired, but he was offered more $ than he'd ever make in his lifetime with this one contract, and he was the ONLY guy Dumlin could find to drop his pants and play puppet with him...... As far as the free agent signings that have been made in the past 17 yrs, where do I begin? I'll sum it up with this, Derek Watt signed a 3 year, $9,750,000 contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers, including a $3,250,000 signing bonus, $3,250,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $3,250,000. I was 55 when he signed that contract and I could have put up the #'s he did, including special teams #'s, and I would have done it for a 12 pack. But only for a different coach. Mitch Trubisky, 7 million dollars a year? Embarrassing! And how about this? Terrell Edmunds, a projected 3rd rounder by all the experts, Tomlin takes as a 1st round draft pick? No team would even make an offer to sign him after his rookie contract he stunk so bad, so Tomlin resigned him for the minimum, kept him as a starter, and once again made our team worse. Embarrassing! I'm not spoiled, I'm embarrassed! Tomlin's running a Day Care for juvenile delinquents and they're all hand picked by him. It's embarrassing! Thank goodness Minkah had Saban, Watt had his brother, and Cam had his Dad to teach them football before they got there because under Tomlin so many of our players seem to get dumber and act like babies while scaling the roof in there own grandiosity. Embarrassing! And if your a true life long Steeler fan like I am, you would be to.
Agree 1000000%

Yowza! You had a lot of pent up frustrations that’s for sure.
Welcome to the board but relax a bit. I think these last four weeks will be interesting to say the least and the off season, maybe like no other in recent history.
Stay tuned!

I don’t see Pittsburgh making the playoffs. Browns and Bengals will pass them by…..

William Faulkner, is that you?

Welcome. And the Tomlin show has been in re-runs for seven years.

No kidding. I've been saying the same **** over the last 7-9 years.

Now I'm just like **** it! Whatever. Getting smoked at home two weeks in a row by teams with a combined record of 4-20 killed it for me good.