• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Here go some of the coaches!

That's a good start to the offseason. Guessing Canada becomes the new OC, Sarrett was never the answer from the start IMO. Tom Bradley, not even sure what he did.

Butler is signing a one year contract per Jeremy Fowler.
plan is go year to year.

Unfortunately the guy that everyone wants to be fired won’t be fired. You don’t let go a bunch of assistants before the main guy. Whether we like it or not he lives to see another day.

On a side note I’m surprised it took them this long to let those guys go.

That's a good start to the offseason. Guessing Canada becomes the new OC, Sarrett was never the answer from the start IMO. Tom Bradley, not even sure what he did.

Gosh I hope not. Canada isn’t the answer IMO. He was there last year. We need someone with experience.

Rooney prefers contracts expire rather than termination.

We need to go outside the team, find a proven OC, and Tomlin has to allow him to have full control of the offense, having said that, it'll more than likely be Canada, because he was here, he knows Tomlin is the boss.

We need to go outside the team, find a proven OC, and Tomlin has to allow him to have full control of the offense, having said that, it'll more than likely be Canada, because he was here, he knows Tomlin is the boss.

I agree. I don't want Canada but it seems like the likely candidate. Maybe he didn't have much say in last year's offense and he will provide a different look now?

I also think Ben will want someone who he has a relationship with already so I say Canada.. we'll see though.

We need to go outside the team.

totally agree. I want someone who is not so risk adverse and knows how to open things up. Maybe Canada can do that and has only been there a year, but I just feel like some new infusion of ideas is needed. Won't matter much though if MT insists on being conservative and just trying to keep things close.

Butler is signing a one year contract per Jeremy Fowler.
plan is go year to year.

Like Ed and Gerry said last year, firing Butler is the equivalent of firing Tomlin. This is Tomlin's defense and he has as much if not more say over it as Butler does. More status quo for the Steelers

Like Ed and Gerry said last year, firing Butler is the equivalent of firing Tomlin. This is Tomlin's defense and he has as much if not more say over it as Butler does. More status quo for the Steelers

They really love that LB on WR scheme.. can't wait to see more of it next year!

Yep, Butler is just a glorified LB's coach.

Unfortunately the guy that everyone wants to be fired won’t be fired. You don’t let go a bunch of assistants before the main guy. Whether we like it or not he lives to see another day.

On a side note I’m surprised it took them this long to let those guys go.
Not everyone wants the HC fired. Let's get that straight.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Steeler Nation mobile app

I agree. I don't want Canada but it seems like the likely candidate. Maybe he didn't have much say in last year's offense and he will provide a different look now?

I also think Ben will want someone who he has a relationship with already so I say Canada.. we'll see though.

This, as much as I'd like to see an outside perspective I fear Ben wouldn't sign off on it. I fully expect Ben to be back and am cool with that, I wish it was under a totally fresh voice as OC...