• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial Thoughts

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Warren can run

when they give him the ball

this offense ******* sucks

no ******* excuse for this ****** playcalling

other than the long run this offense did jack ****

Roberts had a good game

defense failed at the end

**** canada fire his ***** *** now

leave him in cleveland to find his own way home

Tomlin likes these games. Ridiculous to lose to a rookie fifth-round QB that only puts up 13 points.

The OL just let guys run by them countless times today.

Najee Harris 12 carries for 35 yards. Jaylen Warren 9 carries for 129 yards and 1 TD. How does Warren only have 9 rushes? Are we still arguing he's only productive because he sees different defensive fronts?

Kenny Pickett stinks. It's really hard to defend him week after week. Even with poor protection today, he's not making a single play. His confidence looks shot and he has completely regressed and he was outplayed in crunch time today by a nobody rookie QB.

Our OL is shiznit. They had some nice run blocks but then they missed so many. How many times can you watch Najee be handed the ball and there is literally a D player right in his face? It is pure lunacy. They absolutely cannot pass block. Canaduh is F'ing clueless. No quick slants or anything to counter the Clowns D. No targets for DJ until well into the 2nd half and maybe 2 for GP the entire game. Are you kidding me? I have no clue what he was trying to do. We were running OK and he never plays off of it to get the pass going. He absolutely needs to be fired. I could come in there tomorrow and do a better job than him. KP missed a couple balls but DJ ran the wrong route and then the next play, KP was a little high with his throw to DJ in the 4th quarter. They deserved to lose based on that shiznit show of an O that had multiple chances to put the game away and kept going three and out or maybe got one first down. Just pitiful. Absolutely were the worst 6-3 team and are now the absolute worst 6-4 team.

Our OL is shiznit. They had some nice run blocks but then they missed so many. How many times can you watch Najee be handed the ball and there is literally a D player right in his face? It is pure lunacy. They absolutely cannot pass block. Canaduh is F'ing clueless. No quick slants or anything to counter the Clowns D. No targets for DJ until well into the 2nd half and maybe 2 for GP the entire game. Are you kidding me? I have no clue what he was trying to do. We were running OK and he never plays off of it to get the pass going. He absolutely needs to be fired. I could come in there tomorrow and do a better job than him. KP missed a couple balls but DJ ran the wrong route and then the next play, KP was a little high with his throw to DJ in the 4th quarter. They deserved to lose based on that shiznit show of an O that had multiple chances to put the game away and kept going three and out or maybe got one first down. Just pitiful. Absolutely were the worst 6-3 team and are now the absolute worst 6-4 team.

On warrens one long screen, watch Mason Cole … he looked exactly like Kendrick Green
It cannot be a coincidence that every damn player regresses into the same mess once they get here

The ONLY painful positive of this "keep it close and hope" game plan is games like this HAVE to happen for the change to happen.

Tomlin has been better than .500 with this ****. Today's game exposes the other alternative outcome of this dumb plan.

Canada should have been fired at the bye in order to preserve Pickett’s potential confidence. Now it’s too late.

Last edited:
Buffalo has gained 1000 more yards and scored 100 more points and fired OC. Enough said.
They could've fired Canada at halftime and hired Dorsey to call plays for the second half and they would've got better results.

Our offense looks so inept it's ridiculous minus Warren.

14 second series with less than 2 minutes on the clock is inexcusable.
Tomlin always has to save one TO, he wasn’t going to run the ball on that drive before they were in FG position.

Here's a novel concept, if you're not going to throw to the TEs, how about using them to help your completely useless LT. Moore was getting abused by everyone he faced and I don't recall seeing any throws to a TE.
Incredible effort by Warren, completely wasted today.

Cleveland is tge best pass D in the league

Our passing O is subpar

Jaylen Warren had 129 yards on 9 carries
Subtract tge 74 yarder and its still almost 7 ypc … he had 9 CARRIES… 9.. Carries…

harris got 12…
pickett Threw ******* 28 times… mostly getting pressured all day long…
Once DJ blew up on the sidelines we forced it to him the rest of the game

Our issues are definitely coaching…. That breakdown proves it

Said it a couple weeks ago. Slowly, inexorably, "Becoming the Browns".

Warren can run

when they give him the ball

this offense ******* sucks

no ******* excuse for this ****** playcalling

other than the long run this offense did jack ****

Roberts had a good game

defense failed at the end

**** canada fire his ***** *** now

leave him in cleveland to find his own way home

Good observations Coolie, thanks for this post and the many great ones along the way !!!!

Salute the nation

On warrens one long screen, watch Mason Cole … he looked exactly like Kendrick Green
It cannot be a coincidence that every damn player regresses into the same mess once they get here

That’s the thing, NO PLAYER gets much better. Warren seems to be the exception to the rule.

KP8 has regress to the point of, DARE I say it,…….GIVE Mason Rudolf a shot at the O’Canada **** offense Merri-go-round. (have ambulance and stretcher ready).

Salute the nation