• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mayfield would be good in my opinion

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
If bringing in QB that you are going to put up a fair competition with KP without anointing him a Starter because of what you pay. I think he is a journeymen. He us not a franchise guy but he is decent. Maybe I'm in minority but I like the guy. Think he was shafted in Cleveland and has good competitive edge. He is available.

Better him than fields or tannehill …
But believe it or not I’m only looking for a rent a QB for a couple of seasons ..and I think Russell Wilson would be more open to a two year and cheaper contract than Mayfield at this point of his career..

Better him than fields or tannehill …
But believe it or not I’m only looking for a rent a QB for a couple of seasons ..and I think Russell Wilson would be more open to a two year and cheaper contract than Mayfield at this point of his career..
I could live with Wilson but disagree on his price tag. I think it will be higher then Mayfield. He was only 4 million last year. Don't think Wilson is signing for that but couod be wrong.

Mayfield had a very good season and will want more in his next contract… money and length.

Denver is paying off Wilson’s guaranteed portion of his ridiculous deal they gave him…
Hell…. he might sign for a little more than a song and dance with us!
Especially if Rooney Tomlin talk real nice to him.. 😁

You bring Mayfield in and you have instant starter. You will make the playoffs and more likely than not, win your 1st playoff game in quite awhile.

Smith’s offense would work great for Baker Dozen.

That’s today’s evaluation

The offseason could bring Kenny / Mason back with a vengeance and change things.

Salute the nation

You bring Mayfield in and you have instant starter. You will make the playoffs and more likely than not, win your 1st playoff game in quite awhile.

The offseason could bring Kenny / Mason back with a vengeance and change things.

Salute the nation
I'd say instant competition and replaced with draft pick down road if he beats out KP

I would actually take Mayfield over every other QB options the prognosticators are calling for the Steelers to get. As always, assuming reasonable compensation.

He has developed better than I would have expected with the NFL career path he has been dealt. He has been a pretty good teammate at every stop and hasn’t shied to controversy. Accepted his role at each spot well too.

Also, as an OSU fan, F Mayfield. :)

My first choice is to bring in no veteran talent, and instead build up the supporting cast, with hopes that MR or KP8 work out. Then, if not, get a good draft next year.

My second choice is bring in Mayfield.

My third choice says no to all the others people are thinking we should get.

That's my real choice.

My first choice is to bring in no veteran talent, and instead build up the supporting cast, with hopes that MR or KP8 work out. Then, if not, get a good draft next year.

My second choice is bring in Mayfield.

My third choice says no to all the others people are thinking we should get.

That's my real choice.
MR us not on roster. I'm thinking of Mayfield as MR type deal but I personally think he is upgrade.

Paperclip, hard to believe you haven't noticed the stench has permeated for many years now in Pittsburgh

Nah, not a chance they bring in Baker imo. He’s going to want a somewhat pricey and lengthy contract after his good season in TB so that’s not happening.
Look for Ryan Tannehill in black n gold. Perfect fit for Kenny’s backup and mentor and should be pretty cheap.

Nah, not a chance they bring in Baker imo. He’s going to want a somewhat pricey and lengthy contract after his good season in TB so that’s not happening.
Look for Ryan Tannehill in black n gold. Perfect fit for Kenny’s backup and mentor and should be pretty cheap.
Curious what you think is long and pricey. Lot of people think KP will fail. If you draft again in 2025 you may not want to repeat mistake of day one start.

And last I checked team where he started and has no QB let him walk. He will have a market but not a back breaker.

Curious what you think is long and pricey. Lot of people think KP will fail. If you draft again in 2025 you may not want to repeat mistake of day one start.
They won’t pay for Baker but will go with Kenny in 24 giving him a chance with a new OC and new offensive scheme.
Maybe Kenny thrives, we better hope he does and if not they will address it in 25.
Baker most likely will want a lucrative long term deal and will most likely get it in TB.
Don’t know how much he’s looking for but I’m sure it will be substantial.

I’d take Baker at the right price for competition, but I think after last season the “right price” ship probably has sailed for him. But kick the tires if the price is right. I see cheap as the best asset for the fake competition that will happen with KP

I never thought I'd say this but he is probably in the top 5 free agent QBs I'd pursue along with Rudolph (what a strange world)

The list is unimpressive:
Drew Lock- meh, a poor man's Kenny who hasn't done anything
Tyrod Taylor- old and injury prone
Joe Flacco- he's old but Unibrow could be a cheap option, problem is he'd likely steal Kenny's lunch
Jameis Winston- gotta pass on crab legs
Carson Wentz- hell no
Jacoby Brissett-a possible backup option, if he fits the cheap criteria
Gardner Minshew- another top 5 FA option, likely too pricey for us
Ryan Tannehill- old retread but at least he did well with Smith before, if the price was right, sure I guess
Marcus Mariota-pass, another running QB who lacks passing skills needed
Tyler Huntley- another QB that is primarily a runner with his poor passing skill set
Josh Dobbs- would welcome him back on the cheap
Russ Wilson- I wouldn't touch that douche canoe, hated by team mates everywhere he's been...1st class a hole from all accounts

Very unimpressive free agent class, if Rudy doesn't get a sniff somewhere else I'd be shocked with this class

I'd go with the cheapest option out of Baker, Minshew, Brissett, Tannehill or Dobbs...or Rudy if he'd actually come back but gotta bet that ship sailed

This list really makes me want a swing at another QB in this draft, even if it's just a day 3 guy for a cheap QB3 option

Salute the nation
Maybe Baker could give the "I'm the only one that can save this franchise" speech again

I'd say him, the stache or Rudy are the 3 best options out there-very sad

We'll likely go with one of the cheap options for the fake competition though, I see Tannehill on the onside track

I’d take Baker at the right price for competition, but I think after last season the “right price” ship probably has sailed for him. But kick the tires if the price is right. I see cheap as the best asset for the fake competition that will happen with KP

I never thought I'd say this but he is probably in the top 5 free agent QBs I'd pursue along with Rudolph (what a strange world)

The list is unimpressive:
Drew Lock- meh, a poor man's Kenny who hasn't done anything
Tyrod Taylor- old and injury prone
Joe Flacco- he's old but Unibrow could be a cheap option, problem is he'd likely steal Kenny's lunch
Jameis Winston- gotta pass on crab legs
Carson Wentz- hell no
Jacoby Brissett-a possible backup option, if he fits the cheap criteria
Gardner Minshew- another top 5 FA option, likely too pricey for us
Ryan Tannehill- old retread but at least he did well with Smith before, if the price was right, sure I guess
Marcus Mariota-pass, another running QB who lacks passing skills needed
Tyler Huntley- another QB that is primarily a runner with his poor passing skill set
Josh Dobbs- would welcome him back on the cheap
Russ Wilson- I wouldn't touch that douche canoe, hated by team mates everywhere he's been...1st class a hole from all accounts

Very unimpressive free agent class, if Rudy doesn't get a sniff somewhere else I'd be shocked with this class

I'd go with the cheapest option out of Baker, Minshew, Brissett, Tannehill or Dobbs...or Rudy if he'd actually come back but gotta bet that ship sailed

This list really makes me want a swing at another QB in this draft, even if it's just a day 3 guy for a cheap QB3 option

You must still be on a hallucinogen if you think Dobbs would be worth a gamble. He isn't doing us any good even in the short term. Love the story behind the player but he is done as an NFL QB. Flacco could help only as a back up. KP8 is getting every ****-ing chance HC Tomlin can give him, even at the expense of the team suffering for it.

Salute the nation

Ps. Sorry for fat thumbs and no edit on thread title.
You can still edit the thread title. Hit edit on your first post you will see it....