• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Need to continue to strengthen the middle

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We have done a great job with having available monies this year..
And I believe we still need to do more for the middle of our defense.

My free agent wish list still has 2 guys that are very active, play physical, and are good run stoppers:

Safety - Jeremy Chinn
DT - DJ Reader

Lower level...but not too low level free agents still out there.

Make it happen Kahn!

My free agent wish list still has 2 guys that are very active, play physical, and are good run stoppers:

Safety - Jeremy Chinn
DT - DJ Reader

Make it happen Kahn!
I think we need a starting CB before another S

Safety - Jeremy Chinn
DT - DJ Reader

Make it happen Kahn!
You need to ask him this way (n) He needs to know we are angry and we want to win NOW!
kahn-star-trek.gif

We aren’t smart enough to sign a Jeremy Chinn a prototype middle fielder lol u need a guy like Hamilton with the shitbirts to patrol in the middle and make plays chinn is that guy!

Safety - Jeremy Chinn
DT - DJ Reader

Make it happen Kahn!
being down in Panther land currently I've seen way too much of their play and Chinn has definitely been regressing, not sure I don't prefer Elliot for who they already brought in for the banger safety...maybe he would excel if we we're going to use him in the hybrid S/ILB nickel role, but are we taking Queen off the field for that?

Couldn't agree more that we could use an upgrade to the middle of the DL, hopefully the draft or free agency brings this as it could definitely help with keeping Cam fresh if he doesn't have to take on all those double teams in the 2 DL sets we employ far too frequently. More 3-man DL and a beast in the middle could do wonders for improving the run D imo.

I miss Casey, DJ could be a nice addition if affordable.

I think we need a starting CB before another S
And OL particularly RT and C

But yeah CB is a glaring need, can't count on action Jackson to make it through an entire season (think last year was his first healthy year) I like his upside more than PP, but we need bodies there beyond Rush and Trice as "the depth" for when the inevitable happens.

And OL particularly RT and C

But yeah CB is a glaring need, can't count on action Jackson to make it through an entire season (think last year was his first healthy year) I like his upside more than PP, but we need bodies there beyond Rush and Trice as "the depth" for when the inevitable happens.
I think Jackson was the FA play at CB, though they probably bring back chandon sullivan or someone similar for peanuts, then we hopefully see a mid round Nickel CB to complete the starting group.

I'm still waiting on a significant FA Center, I'm guessing we won't get a RT until the draft

Whatever gets them to stopping the run and covering the middle of the field.

ADD in a CENTER who can actually snap the ball and not get blown up in their assignment.

Salute the nation