• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rich Eiason only sports media talker to say it as it is.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Rich Eiason, on you tube ,gave Watson and the league what for, with this slap on the hand's suspension. He stood tall not like Espn's Hannah Storm who had the chance and said nothing. A. Smith thought it was fair. The Heard who did not give up on Penn State ignored and just said what the outcome was. Gutless sports commentators at their very best. Watson called a predator not only by the judge but this NFL commissioner. Burdick got a year for a hit???? Players suspended a year, six months for taking a drug to help them get back on the field. One's smoking drugs a year when in how many states it is legal. Want Washington's owners head for what happen years ago. Once more this NFL hypocrisy, shows its ugly head. This league that has patted themselves on the back the last few years for hiring women for on field positions, has turned around and said who cares what women think. Reminds of the yea, yea, the NFL cares about the first responders, military and police. They cared enough to have them hold our flag for the national anthem as players kneeled. Two faced in everything they do. Any other neighborhood, company, family or group would look at Watson and his activities as not acceptable, not the NFL as Watson will play this year. I applaud Rich he saw this for what it is. A big cop out by the NFL office and commissioner. The owners and the players that represent their teams let women down. They could have and should have stood up to what is the poster child of the NFL players as Watson and said no more. No links watched it all on you tube.

Watsons lawyer, Rusty Hardin, will likely see more of that big money contract than Watson.

Rich Eiason, on you tube ,gave Watson and the league what for, with this slap on the hand's suspension. He stood tall not like Espn's Hannah Storm who had the chance and said nothing. A. Smith thought it was fair. The Heard who did not give up on Penn State ignored and just said what the outcome was. Gutless sports commentators at their very best. Watson called a predator not only by the judge but this NFL commissioner. Burdick got a year for a hit???? Players suspended a year, six months for taking a drug to help them get back on the field. One's smoking drugs a year when in how many states it is legal. Want Washington's owners head for what happen years ago. Once more this NFL hypocrisy, shows its ugly head. This league that has patted themselves on the back the last few years for hiring women for on field positions, has turned around and said who cares what women think. Reminds of the yea, yea, the NFL cares about the first responders, military and police. They cared enough to have them hold our flag for the national anthem as players kneeled. Two faced in everything they do. Any other neighborhood, company, family or group would look at Watson and his activities as not acceptable, not the NFL as Watson will play this year. I applaud Rich he saw this for what it is. A big cop out by the NFL office and commissioner. The owners and the players that represent their teams let women down. They could have and should have stood up to what is the poster child of the NFL players as Watson and said no more. No links watched it all on you tube.
At least the fans will yell rapist and predator and I can only imagine the signs at every game. I honestly want to go to a home Browns game now and just give everyone of those loser ***** a tongue lashing for their hypocrisy. The morons talked about Ben all these year to the tune they made stuff up. They will say things like "Roethlisberger accuser was 14" and "Roethlisberger was found guilty by a judge" and a slew of other lies. Well, the truth is a judge and the commissioner found Watson guilty of 4 and counting. When the smoke settles there will be dozens of payoffs out of court and in my opinion more victims to come out of the woodwork. And probably more victims to come as this punishment does not match the crime.

While I do not agree with Watson's punishment given what he did, you can't just throw out there Burfict was suspended a year for a hit and so and so for drugs without including everything else involved with those cases. Burfict didn't get a year for a single hit. He got a year for a hit after multiple other infractions of the same thing that finally led up to a year. Same thing with the guys taking drugs that got more time. You cant present it like people are getting a year for a first-time infraction of anything. And while it didn't come down from the league the Texans did essentially suspend his last season as well. Yes, he got paid but the kicker to that is it's going to be almost 2 full seasons without playing. That will take its toll on him. Very few pro athletes ever come back as the same player they were before after taking that kind of time off.

I also still think the league was tip-toeing a thin line on this simply due to the fact that if they got embroiled in a legal battle then it could have opened pandora's box with the Texans being involved. The NFL wants no part of any actual franchise being involved in a sexual assault deal like this. That could truly be the thing that cooks the golden goose. Notice how fast and how quietly the Texans part was handled?

If anyone has any grand delusions that this league is about anything other than money and has any morals then please share some of what you are smoking. There is no level that they will not stoop to if it will make money. There have been players that while not found guilty of murder were involved in murders and other heinous acts and they still let them play. Half the owners are scumbags the other half are probably not much better (we just dont hear about it).

On a side note: the news reports calling it a hefty fine is a joke. The fine is less than 2% of the contract he just signed.

While I do not agree with Watson's punishment given what he did, you can't just throw out there Burfict was suspended a year for a hit and so and so for drugs without including everything else involved with those cases. Burfict didn't get a year for a single hit. He got a year for a hit after multiple other infractions of the same thing that finally led up to a year. Same thing with the guys taking drugs that got more time. You cant present it like people are getting a year for a first-time infraction of anything. And while it didn't come down from the league the Texans did essentially suspend his last season as well. Yes, he got paid but the kicker to that is it's going to be almost 2 full seasons without playing. That will take its toll on him. Very few pro athletes ever come back as the same player they were before after taking that kind of time off.
Did it take, oh, 24 infractions for Burfict to get a year?

Also, Watson said he wasn't going to play for the Texans again. They didn't bite. He wasn't suspended last year.

Cleveland Predators

The **** Stains

The Assholio’s

The Hamper Humpers

**** ‘em’

The NFL is sad and pathetic.

I hope fans turn out in numbers and boo the hell out of this guy.

Did it take, oh, 24 infractions for Burfict to get a year?

Also, Watson said he wasn't going to play for the Texans again. They didn't bite. He wasn't suspended last year.
Dude come on man, I stated that he wasn't suspended last year and that he didn't play. The point to that was by the time he does play it will be almost 2 years before he sees regular action again (he may never be the same player again and it would serve the browns right for signing this trash). We can all not like the outcome of the Watson deal, but the fact remains it's a league with a union, and even though several people stated the man did this and that, it's still their opinion. Until you are criminally charged with something and found guilty then technically thru the fault of our justice system the man is technically innocent (yes we all know he is guilty and a scumbag). Burfict and the other guys like it or not committed multiple infractions of rules that there was proof that they broke. That is why the whole context has to be there. As much as we all do not like it Scumbag Watson used and beat the system on this one, with some help from the Texans which is another reason why this was never going to result in him getting anything more than this slap of the wrist given what he did. This whole thing is nothing more than a BS publicity parade for the league to try and pretend as they care. At the end of the Day, they are all laughing their way to the bank and continuing on with business as usual.

Dude come on man, I stated that he wasn't suspended last year and that he didn't play. The point to that was by the time he does play it will be almost 2 years before he sees regular action again (he may never be the same player again and it would serve the browns right for signing this trash). We can all not like the outcome of the Watson deal, but the fact remains it's a league with a union, and even though several people stated the man did this and that, it's still their opinion. Until you are criminally charged with something and found guilty then technically thru the fault of our justice system the man is technically innocent (yes we all know he is guilty and a scumbag). Burfict and the other guys like it or not committed multiple infractions of rules that there was proof that they broke. That is why the whole context has to be there. As much as we all do not like it Scumbag Watson used and beat the system on this one, with some help from the Texans which is another reason why this was never going to result in him getting anything more than this slap of the wrist given what he did. This whole thing is nothing more than a BS publicity parade for the league to try and pretend as they care. At the end of the Day, they are all laughing their way to the bank and continuing on with business as usual.
Been saying that since he sat out. Hard for a player to come back from one year let alone two. No way he comes back the same. I can see him losing some of that wheel speed. Let alone not being hit for two years.

Been saying that since he sat out. Hard for a player to come back from one year let alone two. No way he comes back the same. I can see him losing some of that wheel speed. Let alone not being hit for two years.
I hope he is terrible and the browns are stuck paying for this for a long time! And not just cause its the browns but cause they are the team and rewarded this scumbag for his behaviour.

Can he participate in team drills?

Cleveland Predators

The **** Stains

The Assholio’s

The Hamper Humpers

**** ‘em’

The NFL is sad and pathetic.

I hope fans turn out in numbers and boo the hell out of this guy.
The Cleveland Molesters

suspicious-confused.gif