• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Robinson vs. Harris

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Someone explain to me why the Steelers were stupid to take Harris in the middle of the first but Robinson is good in the upper half of the first. Similar stats. I'm first to admit Najee hasn't been quite what I expected but as prospect he literally checked all the boxes.

Someone explain to me why the Steelers were stupid to take Harris in the middle of the first but Robinson is good in the upper half of the first. Similar stats. I'm first to admit Najee hasn't been quite what I expected but as prospect he literally checked all the boxes.
Shelf life factors in and importance to scheme. Probably never a great decision for any team to take a RB in 1. Every once and a while a RB might outperform this way of thinking. Teams love to take a chance hoping for a franchise back knowing teams don't value taking them early overall now. Although odds probably don't favor taking one early 1. Harris risk was he probably didn't check mark all the boxes. I haven't followed Robinson close enough to know what he does or doesn't check mark off.

I too am opposed to taking RB 1 st round, especially when other needs outweighed. that decision.

Granted, we fans, have hindsight to look at and base some of our judgement.

The STEELERS vision was for overall team concept of weapons VS trenches. Obviously trenches lost out until recently.

As for how other players VS ours, I could give a crap less as they aren't (in this case) playing behind our OL to date.

Salute the nation

Shelf life factors in and importance to scheme. Probably never a great decision for any team to take a RB in 1. Every once and a while a RB might outperform this way of thinking. Teams love to take a chance hoping for a franchise back knowing teams don't value taking them early overall now. Although odds probably don't favor taking one early 1. Harris risk was he probably didn't check mark all the boxes. I haven't followed Robinson close enough to know what he does or doesn't check mark off.
Homeowners may not have been checked because he is huge. What other box?

I am not big on 1st round RBs anymore but there was absolutely nothing wrong with picking Najee where the Steelers did

those hyping robinson now while ****** on the Najee pick are just fucktards
aka Coach

Homeowners may not have been checked because he is huge. What other box?
His short shuttle,3cone, and split was poor. He has good speed but not elite. Steelers obviously liked the positives over the negatives.

Well when you have a ****** OL that is not geared for a running game, then they all look bad.

I believe this year we will see a return of a really good running game.
Agreed, look at 49ers any running back they throw out there regardless of McCaffery is good. The late round rookie fro. KC had a good year after they invested in the OL. Eagles, Ravens, Browns the same. Panthers and even the Lions' running games improved during the season after investment. The Steelers have two good backs, take advantage of it.

Agreed, look at 49ers any running back they throw out there regardless of McCaffery is good. The late round rookie fro. KC had a good year after they invested in the OL. Eagles, Ravens, Browns the same. Panthers and even the Lions' running games improved during the season after investment. The Steelers have two good backs, take advantage of it.

I forgot to add on top of the OL not being geared for a running game, we have had this short passing game as a main staple for 3+ years. And in that time defenses are all stacking the line week in and week out, to take away the run&pass at the same time. It's a losing setup for the team on offense.

Coach took Robinson in the first in his mock. I have zero problem taking a RB in the 1st round, why? Because you don't see a blend of elusiveness/power to go with great pass catching and the propensity to never fumble, in any round but round 1. Plus Najee's character is that of a team leader and is active in the community.

A+ pickup for the Steelers who already have a Pro Bowl back and many of his former peers are picking him to be a top 4 back in this league.

Does Robinson tick all those boxes? I'm not sure, I'm not drafting a RB in the 1st for the Steelers. We got our 1st round RB already and were lucky enough to cultivate a UDFA as #2 in Warren. If McFarland is healthy, our room is set and we don't need to draft one.

Though I feel the pendulum swinging back and teams are going to gear toward running attacks again since Defenses are getting soft in selling out to stop the pass. We're on the front end this time, so hopefully we see some SBs out of it.

I will also add the other HUGE advantage of grabbing a RB in Rd 1. RBs have short careers. 1st rounders you have them locked in for 5 years and then can tag them without giving them a 2nd contract. Big front office plus here if you are playing the positional game for draft picks. Make sure the tag is nonexclusive and bank the picks if someone else wants him more. This may happen since they will probably throw a big contract at KP in year 4.

Fair but at 6'3 230 there is only so much quickness I expect. He was sub 4.5
I wasn't making a case against him, just was basically saying what might have been a box not check marked off in the process.

They panicked by over drafting an RB when they should've focused on upgrading the OL that year, same draft where they took Green and should've had Creed Humphrey.

Sure if you want a back that did not hit many big plays in college or run a 40 yards dash, 10 yard time, 20 yard shuttle , or cone drill at the combine or pro day. Slowpoke Harris is your guy. No way did the two have similar stats. IMO Robison is a top 15 pick. If he is there the Steelers should take him.

Last edited:
Sure if you want a back that did not hit many big plays in college or run a 40 yards dash, 10 yard time, 20 yard shuttle , or cone drill at the combine or pro day. Slowpoke Harris is you guy. No way did the two have similar stats. IMO Robison is a top 15 pick. If he is there the Steelers should take him.
Each time you post, I like Harris more.

Coach took Robinson in the first in his mock. I have zero problem taking a RB in the 1st round, why? Because you don't see a blend of elusiveness/power to go with great pass catching and the propensity to never fumble, in any round but round 1. Plus Najee's character is that of a team leader and is active in the community.

A+ pickup for the Steelers who already have a Pro Bowl back and many of his former peers are picking him to be a top 4 back in this league.

Does Robinson tick all those boxes? I'm not sure, I'm not drafting a RB in the 1st for the Steelers. We got our 1st round RB already and were lucky enough to cultivate a UDFA as #2 in Warren. If McFarland is healthy, our room is set and we don't need to draft one.

Though I feel the pendulum swinging back and teams are going to gear toward running attacks again since Defenses are getting soft in selling out to stop the pass. We're on the front end this time, so hopefully we see some SBs out of it.

I will also add the other HUGE advantage of grabbing a RB in Rd 1. RBs have short careers. 1st rounders you have them locked in for 5 years and then can tag them without giving them a 2nd contract. Big front office plus here if you are playing the positional game for draft picks. Make sure the tag is nonexclusive and bank the picks if someone else wants him more. This may happen since they will probably throw a big contract at KP in year 4.

He only checks the ability to run outside well ( Harris does not ) , catch the ball and do something significant with it, offers instant acceleration ( I say its elite and key for a OL that does not hold it blocks like ours ) offers good balance and vision and can out RUN everybody in the first 7, and oh about half the DB's too. He is not a bad power back either.

BIG time upgrade over N Harris. NO WAY does Harris get a big 2nd contract from us. Get the tackle in round two.

Last edited:
Sure if you want a back that did not hit many big plays in college or run a 40 yards dash, 10 yard time, 20 yard shuttle , or cone drill at the combine or pro day. Slowpoke Harris is your guy. No way did the two have similar stats. IMO Robison is a top 15 pick. If he is there the Steelers should take him.
You are ******* crazy. Go use www.Google.com and look at Najee's highlights.

******* stupid ***...