• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So is there any trade value in Pouncey?

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
I mean the guy is a decent center when he is not injured. And it seems like Wallace is doing fine and not costing as much.

We overpaid and are stuck with his injured gangbanging ***.

I can't see them going there. He is an all-pro center. But, I guess if the price is right, anything is possible.

Wallace is so-so, not in the same league as Pouncey, but will Pouncey stay healthy? If you look at his injuries, they aren't the injury prone type injuries like Woodley would suffer chasing a qb and blow a muscle, Pouncey's are always him blocking his guy downfield and the wash rolls up on him. I'm guessing there'd be interest in him, but what would it be, and would we want to let him go?

Wallace is so-so, not in the same league as Pouncey, but will Pouncey stay healthy? If you look at his injuries, they aren't the injury prone type injuries like Woodley would suffer chasing a qb and blow a muscle, Pouncey's are always him blocking his guy downfield and the wash rolls up on him. I'm guessing there'd be interest in him, but what would it be, and would we want to let him go?

I couldn't remember what this year's injury was, but the DeCastro blow out of his knee, clearly, had nothing to do with Pouncey being easily injured. You have to look at the individual injuries, like you say. Are they truly an indication someone is injury prone or that they received some bad luck? OTOH, how many bad luck injuries before they affect your performance?

It would be stupid to trade either one. Bell or Pouncey

Wallace was our worst rated OLineman.

Why in the hell would we want to get rid of the All-Pro who replaces him?

Wallace was our worst rated OLineman.

Why in the hell would we want to get rid of the All-Pro who replaces him?

I think it's because us fans can see we made it to the divisional round of the playoffs without Pouncey all season. He was far from the injury that hurt this team the most. I don't think anyone denies he's one of the better centers in the league but our offense held their own fine without him and we have much more pressing needs on defense we could address by trading Pouncey for a starting DB or high draft pick to draft a starting DB. Not to mention he's being paid A LOT and seems to be injured more than not so that doesn't help.

I don't support a trade (nor do I think it would ever happen), but I can see why the dilemma exists.

Amazing the Madden GMs we have on this board. Wallace got blown up consistently this year, at one point I would have rather seen Legursky start. I realize Pouncey has had problems staying on the field, but like coryea said, these aren't injuries from him being soft. These are guys rolling into him. Pouncey is dominant when he's on the field. Get over yourselves, when Pouncey isn't getting rolled into he's downfield blocking and making the Pro Bowl.

Problem with Pouncey is that he went to the Duce Staley sweatpants modeling school. Wallace has blocked far more defenders than Pouncey lately at a fraction of the cost.

I love Pouncey's ability but it is also his downfall. He is so good he gets a block and then engages at the 2nd level where someone inevitabily rolls up on the back of his legs.

It's a moot point though with the guarantee $ in the extension he signed. Pouncey will be our starter going in next year, I just hope he can actually make it through a season... I highly doubt he will though.

I also understand the thoughts due to his injury situations. But when he's playing, he's the tops. The Steelers don't undervalue the benefit of having an exceptional center, and neither do I.

No way to I ever trade Pouncey. I try and find a better backup to Wallace. Didn't he lead the league in penalties this year?

I think it's because us fans can see we made it to the divisional round of the playoffs without Pouncey all season. He was far from the injury that hurt this team the most. I don't think anyone denies he's one of the better centers in the league but our offense held their own fine without him and we have much more pressing needs on defense we could address by trading Pouncey for a starting DB or high draft pick to draft a starting DB. Not to mention he's being paid A LOT and seems to be injured more than not so that doesn't help.

I don't support a trade (nor do I think it would ever happen), but I can see why the dilemma exists.

We made it despite wallace not because of him.

We overpaid and are stuck with his injured gangbanging ***.

Pretty much true. When healthy, he's a top 3-6 type of NFL center. The problem is he's been hurt too often below the waist, and has some minor off the field issues.

So then we should trade Bell, Pouncey, and let Beachum walk too?

One could have this same exact conversation about Bell.

His first injury was bad luck, Porter tackled a guy right into his ankle, but he was never the same after that.

Wallace was our worst rated OLineman.Why in the hell would we want to get rid of the All-Pro who replaces him?

This may sound crazy, but I bet you Beachum would make a heck of center. He's a great tactician, knows all the blocking calls et al, and could possibly be a better center than he is LT. Just thinking out loud....

Tomlin even mention in his presser Beachum can play any position on the line, including guard or center. Hmmm...

We made it despite wallace not because of him.

When did I ever say Wallace filled in admirably? All I meant was the team would be improved more with Wallace and a shut down corner than it would be with Pouncey and Blake.

So then we should trade Bell, Pouncey, and let Beachum walk too?

I didn't know if Pouncey was traded, Bell and Beachum had to go with him. If we are talking about trading 1 player, I can see why it would be Pouncey based on his value and non-skill position plus his consistently injured status.

I think both of you missed the part where I said I don't support trading Pouncey lol Just because I can see why the topic is brought up doesn't mean I support it. I can see why someone could get addicted to drugs and give you some reasons as to why that could happen, that doesn't mean I would go out and do it myself.

They are not going to trade Pouncey and go with Cody Wallace as their starter. They had no choice this year but with a healthy Pouncey available to the team, he's their best option and Wallace will go back to his back-up role which is better suited for him.

My only point that I disagree with you on Nits is on the assessment of the Center position. I do consider it a skill position, only because the ball is touched by that player each and every play. Muffed snaps are a big deal, and something we as Steeler fans don't normally have to worry about when Pouncey is snapping the ball.

His trade value would be compromised, if not nullified, by his contract. I'm guessing a mid to late round pick from a team with a ton of cap space.

When did I ever say Wallace filled in admirably? All I meant was the team would be improved more with Wallace and a shut down corner than it would be with Pouncey and Blake.

I didn't know if Pouncey was traded, Bell and Beachum had to go with him. If we are talking about trading 1 player, I can see why it would be Pouncey based on his value and non-skill position plus his consistently injured status.

I think both of you missed the part where I said I don't support trading Pouncey lol Just because I can see why the topic is brought up doesn't mean I support it. I can see why someone could get addicted to drugs and give you some reasons as to why that could happen, that doesn't mean I would go out and do it myself.

We can get a corner and keep Pouncey

How many significant trades has Colbert made since he arrived in 2000? I'm sure I'm forgetting some but getting Boykin and Scobee this year (5th and 6th rounders) and ditching Santonio Holmes (for a 5th) count as "big" deals for Colbert. So can we just stop with the "I think we can get Griffey and Bonds and we won't have to give up too much" George Costanza bullshit already? We're not getting rid of an All-Pro Center (and eat a bigger cap hit in 2016 than we would have by not trading him) just because we have a backup who delivered an adequate performance for us. ****, what would happen if Wallace got hurt?