• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Talk about a lack of cultural awareness

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
This ad was found on the H&M website, and it is causing an uproar. I don't know how you do those pictures to start with, then approve that they go onto the website. Some people need some training or something. Good Lord.

1515423870987.jpg

This ad was found on the H&M website, and it is causing an uproar. I don't know how you do those pictures to start with, then approve that they go onto the website. Some people need some training or something. Good Lord.

View attachment 3776

On the other hand, it’s also racist to exclude blacks from being the “coolest monkey in the jungle”.

On the other hand, it’s also racist to exclude blacks from being the “coolest monkey in the jungle”.

Huh? I didn't see anyone say that. I know H&M is based in Sweden (I think), and the vast majority of the population is white, but they gotta know better than that. Especially when you have stores in the US and racial tensions are as bad as they are. I can't say they did it on purpose, but man, that is a bad look at the very least. I can't believe someone hasn't lost their job.

Some people are dimwits. I can't imagine anyone would be dumb enough to do that if they thought it through first.

I'm gonna assume it was an intentional ad.
I think whoever did it, probably did so for laugh.

I'm gonna assume it was an intentional ad.
I think whoever did it, probably did so for laugh.

Maybe, but not funny. In all honestly, if the boy was white, I doubt there would be a word about it. Just poor taste.