• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Big Question - Do you Want Steelers to Win or Lose Remaining Games?

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
In theory, the steelers could make the playoffs. At 4-7, they would likely have to run the table to finish 10-7. That's highly unlikely. The cold reality is that the steelers are better off losing and getting the best draft picks. That's logic. But emotion doesn't play by those rules.

Last week vs the Colts i was struggling with this and i expect i will for every remaining game. In the moment, I root for them to win and do well. But later after emotions die down, the rational side makes me wish they lost so they can get a top 10 pick.

There is one other big reason to root for losses. Matt Canada. If the steelers finish strong, he's likely coming back. That seemed impossible weeks ago, but the steelers remaining schedule has some very winnable games and the offense could slowly improve. Will any improvement be enough to keep Canada? I fear it will.

So where are you with this? Win or Lose?

Win.
In theory, the steelers could make the playoffs. At 4-7, they would likely have to run the table to finish 10-7. That's highly unlikely. The cold reality is that the steelers are better off losing and getting the best draft picks. That's logic. But emotion doesn't play by those rules.

Last week vs the Colts i was struggling with this and i expect i will for every remaining game. In the moment, I root for them to win and do well. But later after emotions die down, the rational side makes me wish they lost so they can get a top 10 pick.

There is one other big reason to root for losses. Matt Canada. If the steelers finish strong, he's likely coming back. That seemed impossible weeks ago, but the steelers remaining schedule has some very winnable games and the offense could slowly improve. Will any improvement be enough to keep Canada? I fear it will.

One more thing in favor of losing out. No more talk of Tomlin not ever having a losing season.

That said, I still would rather they win their remaining games.

It would say a lot about this team:

We have the talent after all.
They are not as bad as we thought, it just took this long to finally gel.
Pickett has proven himself to be "the one".
Canada has figured it out.

Always win, forever and ever and

ever.

Do I have faith in the coaches to pull it off?

No

But that doesn't change my want nor will it

(If you guessed I would throw out yet another, "ever" you would be Wright.)

ever.

Arians contract was not renewed after back to back 12-4 seasons, so a 9-8, 10-7 record doesn't mean the Steelers won't move on from Canada if they are not happy with his performance.

Always win, as Stewey said it would mean that Pickett got the it factor to be our future QB and that's more valuable than a top 10 pick.

we already have a "certain" player coach mentality as a team, add in "TANK-ing" and you have a recipe for no return.

Not winning isn't an easy thing to change, you can't turn it off and then back on at will.

I want wins and more wins and more wins and....................... you guessed it........MORE wins.

We aren't far off from this team being VERY competitive. 2- of first 3 OL(LT&G) TRENCH workers, 4th pick DL We need trench investment, NOT luxury weapons.

Salute the nation

Canada has figured it out????

I laughed pretty hard upon reading that, myself. He may get a little right here and there but when you are used to looking at **** covered walls, a little clean patch looks better than reality.

Salute the nation

Like Sting

You'd never want to develop a loser mentality. As soon as things start going south you throw in the towel.

Now staying mediocre for a decade also sucks. You're kinda good,but never great. Middle of the pack never going above or below.

These type of teams get smashed first if they make the playoffs because they're pretenders.

If they try real hard and fail that's something you can deal with when getting that high draft pick.

Win! As I’ve said before we got TJ at what, 30? How many “can’t miss” pass rushers went top 5 that never did a damn thing? The draft is no perfect science 🤷🏻‍♂️

I want wins. But realistically for this season I want to see Kenny in 2 minutes drills. Kenny move the ball with no timeouts. Get the team into scoring positions when the chips are down.

Ill root for them to win, because they playoff chances aren’t exactly at zero…but those chances are virtually zero, so if tgey lost out I would not be upset at all…

What inevitably will piss me off is when they are actually eliminated from the playoffs then go on a massive winning streak because we love mediocrity lol

I’ll be rooting for the Steelers to win every week but also won’t be upset if they lose recognizing the draft position. However, I will get irritated if they play poorly and lose. I just want to see this team make progress.

We aren't far off from this team being VERY competitive. 2- of first 3 OL(LT&G) TRENCH workers, 4th pick DL We need trench investment, NOT luxury weapons.
I disagree here. The last few time the Steelers faces the NFL elite (Chiefs, Bills, Eagles) they got destroyed. I think the Steelers aren’t far from being a bottom playoff seed, but they’re at least two years away from being an AFC favorite where they can actually compete.

No, I always want to win, to wish otherwise is a loser mentality that affects a lot of teams in the NFL.

As far as a top 10 pick goes, we'd have to assume the correct pick would be made by the brain trust in the draft crapshoot.

Well, the reality is they aren't winning out and they aren't losing out either. Odds are high for a 6-11 or 7-10 finish. Just hope that the Bears keep losing.

Don’t care really. Just want to see the team grow into a better team next year. Keep working and building and improving and hopefully parlay this ****** season into a playoff run next year.

I will never cheer for this team to lose… but I’ve come to accept it more easily when it happens. Usually 10 minutes after the game I’ve let emotion go and I’m back to normal life.

But, if they do lose, I at the very least want to see progress with our young players. I’d love to see Pickett develop into a more aggressive player and be able to carry this team as Ben did for
Many years.

We still need key pieces to be able to put playoff wins together. And if that means not making the playoffs to get better draft pick I am OK with that as well.

But changes need to come with those loses and that means bye bye to Canada and or Tomlin

This is such a hard question. I NEVER root for a loss... but then I know changes won't happen unless the Steelers have bad results. Even then, the most important change doesn't happen.

Arians contract was not renewed after back to back 12-4 seasons, so a 9-8, 10-7 record doesn't mean the Steelers won't move on from Canada if they are not happy with his performance.

But that was Rooney’s call. Tomlin wanted Arians back. Rooney correctly saw that he was getting Ben killed. It should be noted Arians went to Indy where he got Andrew Luck killed for a few seasons and contributed to his early retirement.

Tomlin seems to have more power now. If he wants Canada back and can point to some wins down the stretch vs bad teams, then I have a feeling Canada will be back to further shackle the offense.