• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Those we lost.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
So I am starting this tread because of Vader’s loss. Man I’m sorry dude. Words can’t express. I hope your faith, family, friends, and maybe those here can help guide you through this time.

We have seen those we love, friends or family pass because of this. Regardless of what side your on, that’s not the purpose of this tread but rather a celebration of their life and a place to morn without the bs that is the other threads. Keep it clean and respectful.

Seeing Vader post in that thread made me upset because it’s within that bs. She, they deserve better. I know others have had loss so let this be their, our thread.

Nice tribute thread, ICS. Vader's hit me hard when he not only said he lost his wife, but his best friend. Can't even possibly imagine. May all of you stay as well and healthy as possible in every capacity.

And **** the CCP! ASSHOES

Wow thank you so much! I thought about making a thread but I wasn't sure exactly what to say and it was very difficult to type what I ended up putting in the other thread. Really appreciate this. I changed my profile pic to her. This was her on our wedding day in 2012 on Orange Beach, AL. Brings tears to my eyes just seeing her.

Wow thank you so much! I thought about making a thread but I wasn't sure exactly what to say and it was very difficult to type what I ended up putting in the other thread. Really appreciate this. I changed my profile pic to her. This was her on our wedding day in 2012 on Orange Beach, AL. Brings tears to my eyes just seeing her.

That's awesome, Vader. She's beautiful.

Somehow I knew that was the wedding photo.

This was needed. As much as we piss wash other off In Our views, somehow I view yinz as family. A ****** up family, but that makes it more real.

Sympathies to Vader and his family again.
Early on in this deal my brother-in-law's (my sister's husband) brother died from Covid. He had retired and moved to Florida and I was told he was the first person in his county to die from it. He wasn't real old, 67, but he had other health issues like COPD.
Been a tough year although I am a death care professional. My wife's sister died in June from cancer at 53 and it was a little tough having her in my morgue when she was walking around my house the week before. She was staying with us while getting cancer treatment in Pittsburgh. Early September my cousin died also from cancer, he was more like an older brother, was in both my weddings. October 4 my dad died from amyloidosis. My mother-in-law has Stage 4 cancer that is spreading but oddly she is still walking around like nothing is wrong.

I lost my Stepdad to it last November. He was 94 and had just had back surgery but was still doing pretty damn good for his age. His mental faculties were still very much intact. He was literally sharp as a tack. I have no doubt that if he did not get Covid, he'd still be with us. . He was rehabbing at a local nursing/rehab facility after surgery. Worst thing about it was we could never talk to him after he tested positive. The rehab place could not get his phone working in his quarantine room. When he was transferred to the hospital about a week after testing positive, they friggin forgot to pack up his hearing aids and they were subsiquently "lost". So the poor guy lived his last days unable to communicate with anyone. What a friggin crime...

One of my co-workers lost her husband. Upper 50s and overweight but otherwise in OK shape. He was not vaccinated for whatever that's worth. Great guy and they were getting ready to retire...

I knew we had others. I should have done this earlier.

If you have them, if you want let’s see some photos of those beautiful souls.

I view yinz as family. A ****** up family, but that makes it more real.

I do as well. And I'm like 15 years behind a lot of you. I know we have our disagreements etc. but I pretty much think of yinz as extended family. Bleeding Black & Gold together doesn't seem to hurt. Oh and ****** up family, ha, you should see my actual family.

I knew we had others. I should have done this earlier.

If you have them, if you want let’s see some photos of those beautiful souls.
Lee and his Muskie.jpg

This was our last fishing trip. We were getting skunked until we were reeling in the baits and this muskie struck my stepdad's line with a vengeance.

Last edited:
View attachment 6952

This was our last fishing trip. We were getting skunked until we were reeling in the baits and this muskie struck my stepdad's line with a vengeance.

Beautiful. It's been a while since I went fishing for one - is that a Pike or Muskie?

Was gonna say, just looked it up online - and I remember Pikes never getting that big. And heard New River is absolutely beautiful from cousins who traveled down that way.

And forgive me JMM because I know you mentioned them before - they both perish?

Was gonna say, just looked it up online - and I remember Pikes never getting that big. And heard New River is absolutely beautiful from cousins who traveled down that way.

And forgive me JMM because I know you mentioned them before - they both perish?

Yes my stepdad and my coworker's husband both died of Covid.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss dude. That’s all I can really say or offer. We’re here for you support wise

I do as well. And I'm like 15 years behind a lot of you. I know we have our disagreements etc. but I pretty much think of yinz as extended family. Bleeding Black & Gold together doesn't seem to hurt. Oh and ****** up family, ha, you should see my actual family.

man I'm sorry for your loss Vader. you and your family are in my prayers. I got the covid July 2020 found out a couple months ago it messed up my heart.

Very sorry for your loss, Vader. May you find comfort and solace in her lasting memory. 🕊️

I saw this post go up when it did. Opened it, and closed it. Almost didn't come back.

Sorry Vader. My wife means everything to me. If I lost her I don't know what I would do. We are very best friends.

My dad left us just over three years ago. I miss him like crazy. Sucks. I was just not what he had hoped I would be, and we had that division for ever. I loved him so much. Used to call him every day (almost) the last four years or so. Just wanted to love him. Dear God, I miss him.

Lost my brother recently. He had dementia, and his leftist wife insisted he get the vaccine. He only lasted a few days after that. We were close as kids, but not after that. I wish we had kept up.

Losing a loved one is horrible. I genuinely have no idea how those without faith do it.

Without God I couldn't go on. I'm glad this thread was started. We need to see we aren't alone. I'm so sorry for you guys that have lost loved ones. My heart goes out to you. I've been through divorce, losing loved ones and seeing other people die but I've never experienced this before. I guess only losing a child would be around the same. Love you guys and keep the faith.

Without God I couldn't go on. I'm glad this thread was started. We need to see we aren't alone. I'm so sorry for you guys that have lost loved ones. My heart goes out to you. I've been through divorce, losing loved ones and seeing other people die but I've never experienced this before. I guess only losing a child would be around the same. Love you guys and keep the faith.

I am so sorry for your loss, Vader. Losing a spouse is particularly hard and leaves such an empty space in your life and heart. I know from my own personal experience the road you are on right now and my heart breaks for you. Your faith will help you through, but also know that there are groups everywhere for widows/widowers that can be a huge support system. After my first husband passed I was told about a local group of widows/widowers that connected online and had meetings periodically. While I was hesitant at first to connect with the group - I'm glad I did eventually. There is a support from others that have or are going through the same thing that is like no other. This included people that had just lost their spouse as well as those that were years along the journey. The group helped me out tremendously, even at my lowest points they were there to help lift me up.

God bless you and your family - You aren't alone.

man I'm sorry for your loss Vader. you and your family are in my prayers. I got the covid July 2020 found out a couple months ago it messed up my heart.
Wow.. sorry about that. I had covid in Feb. of this year. I was fine in a couple of days. It's strange how it effects people differently.

She is beautiful Vader. So sorry again for your loss. I hope you and your family will find peace with time.

I didn't know. I'm so sorry. I don't get to the general section very often.

Vader, all my thoughts, prayers and my respects. Can't imagine how hard it all must be for you. Puts everything else in perspective.

Vader, I'm so sorry man, your wife was beautiful and it seemed she loved you very much. My condolences and may she rest in peace.