• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What can be done about this?

not to argue against Tomlin or Butler being blamed, but this **** cake has multiple layers and there's enough to go around for everyone.

true

but when you expect for your O to always have to carry the load, we won't be going to the big dance with that approach.

Ben was hobbling and you would think they would play inspired. Instead they seem to be getting progressively worse.

Plenty of blame, but that's a good finger pointing start.

Their season body of work is concerning to say the least.

true

but when you expect for your O to always have to carry the load, we won't be going to the big dance with that approach.

Ben was hobbling and you would think they would play inspired. Instead they seem to be getting progressively worse.

Plenty of blame, but that's a good finger pointing start.

Their season body of work is concerning to say the least.
with a $100 million QB, the best WR in the game and the best RB in the game, call me foolish if you want, but I absolutely expect more than 15 points per game. MOST especially against the ****** teams in the league like the Dolphins.

with a $100 million QB, the best WR in the game and the best RB in the game, call me foolish if you want, but I absolutely expect more than 15 points per game. MOST especially against the ****** teams in the league like the Dolphins.

It's the nfl. These guys are pro's. Don't expect a win/loss

do you expect the D to give up 30 to the Phins?

Sure Ben played like ****, and we can look at that as being a significant part for this game

But the steady Eddie on the season is a D that continually gives up entirely too much yards.

I would say the O failed twice this year, but see that is just it.

The D isn't good enough to stay in the game on bad O days.

What will change that?

a better defensive coach

Unprepared as usual when playing "bad" teams. Poor game plan or lack of a game plan all together. Tomlin and crew do this in preseason and it carries over.

The good news is we are still leading the division.

What can be fixed is stopping Mitchell from playing like a bone head.

Maybe we should hire Greg Lloyd as the disciple head coach.

The good news is we are still leading the division.

And the bad news is we play the well coached and prepared Patriots next. That game could be for home field in the playoffs.

Sure Ben played like ****, and we can look at that as being a significant part for this game

But the steady Eddie on the season is a D that continually gives up entirely too much yards.

What will change that?

a better defensive coach

I just don't know why Butler isn't running the same defensive schemes as last season, he's not sending as much pressure. We're missing Will Allen and Antwan Blake from the secondary, were they that good and that important that we cannot afford to send extra players to put more pressure on the QB.

Tomlin has not addressed the defense, drafting hopes does not get it done.Continue four man rush with this bad bad bad secondary is nothing but rolling the dice on a TD or field goal. This secondary is piss poor at tackling and great at backing up to finally make a tackle. They can cover zero. They do like to raise their fist if they feel the defense finally stopped the offense. Get some coaches that know how to teach improvement in players. Lastly get a coach that wants to preach toughness and physical play. We have lost that attitude under this coach. We embrace going into a hostile environment, has gotten old.

What will change that?

a better defensive coach

See, I don't know that I can't fully get on board with the statements about the D. Yeah, they're not even close to being the Steelers defense that we all long for, but the Dolphins scored two td's today, the last one being totally inconsequential. The defense held them to field goal tries pretty much all game. Yes, they didn't make the stops when they needed to, but the offense did absolutely nothing to take advantage of their opportunities today. Hell, they even STILL had an opportunity when they got the ball back with 12 mins left in the fourth, and Ben proceeded to throw three incompletions that were awful throws. Ben kept zeroing in on Coates, even when he had three guys covering him,and Brown couldn't get any separation from Byron ******* Maxwell. The defense got out-muscled today, no denying that, but the supposed "big, bad" offense we have came up short and could t do a damn thing to one of the worst overall defensive units playing football today. It was a total ****-show, but one the Steelers could've escaped with a W if the offense didn't completely stall.

Play some old man football, quit over reacting. Love ya Steeler Nationers but hot damn! We are on defcon 5 **** right now
If I was coach
-Tell QB hit 3rd and 4th checkdowns. Easy chain moving philosophy
-Defense----tell Butler(aka Pasty smile) bump those ******* receivers
-Steelers fans----drink beer and ******* party

I've had a lot of beer today too which is probably why I'm being 'that guy' but...Defcon 5 means everything is ok.

Now that I'm done being an *** I think I'll go get another beer.

Ben, Bell, Brown, can all get their glory. If we play ball control. Arrogance of throwing deep, once every 4 down series, then punting doesn't cut it. Miami SUCKS...so does our team.

Play as a team, not as individuals, we will be good....what cleats were worn today? What single was released today?

PLAY the ******* game.

coaching isn't helping, but probably isn't hurting...they do nothing.

How in the hell do you not know how to tackle at this level? A sure sack ends up a completed pass at the ******* 4 yard line. How man times did we have three guys draped all over the running back just to get carried for ten yards? I understand a lack of talent but three of four defenders getting carried twelve yards after contact???? This team is being poorly coached. This entire coaching staff needs put on notice.

I also blame the new collective bargaining agreement, per the players contract there is very little contact in practice. this ******* game is starting to become unbearable to watch, it's not just receivers that are divas it's every ******* plaer in the league for the most part. I miss the football games pre 2000, (other than us not winning).

Warriors, coaching staff should have been gone years ago, along with a few of the, individual, players.

Unless these players can focus on the game and show up....**** em.

We found out today how much Heyward means to this defense. Hargrave was mostly invisible. The only lineman who was close to getting a sack, McCullers, played what, 10 snaps? He also blocked a FG and made a pancake tackle. Can't figure this one out.

The oline and spine got their ***** handed to them, Ben isn't 24 anymore, he can't avoid pressure like once could

How in the hell do you not know how to tackle at this level? A sure sack ends up a completed pass at the ******* 4 yard line. How man times did we have three guys draped all over the running back just to get carried for ten yards? I understand a lack of talent but three of four defenders getting carried twelve yards after contact???? This team is being poorly coached. This entire coaching staff needs put on notice.

That was one the worst displays of tackling I've seen from a Steelers defense. It was bad in the Eagles game, but those were primarily flat out missed tackles. Today, defenders were getting ran over and literally dragged for additional yards play after play.

Heyward was no small loss, and the heat and humidity were factors, but that effort was unacceptable.

Ben is getting an MRI says his knee is black and blue .Hope this turns out to be minor.

It still makes no sense to me that these are always the games Ben ends up hurt. There HAS to be some type of scientific reason why there is a correlation between the team playing like **** in a game and Ben getting hurt in the same game