• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What is the in stadium mood on Tomlin

We will see if Rooney has the nads to fire this abomination......... oh but the Rooney rule looms large....

If the Rooney Rule is sacred, there has to be another black coach out there that can do better.
usa_today_10239726.0.jpg

Ironically, the people buying tickets and attending the games are perpetuating the problem. Rooney makes the same amount on stadium revenue regardless of what’s on the scoreboard. Show him tens of thousands of empty *** seats and he’ll get the message.

How bout we hire someone capable, I don't care if they are red, brown, white, purple....whatever......hiring based upon skin color is ridiculous IMO
The people calling Tomlin Coach of the Year will be the ones screaming bloody murder if Tomlin isn’t replaced with another coach of color by Rooney of the Rooney Rule.

Would be an easier fix just firing Tomlin and letting Omar bring in hos own HC who then could bring in their own coaches. Usually how it works.

There are some good white coaches. Don't look there. Limit yourself. That's what an organization that wants to win would do.

Would be an easier fix just firing Tomlin and letting Omar bring in hos own HC who then could bring in their own coaches. Usually how it works.
Tomlin was one of the ones conducting interviews for the new GM here, LOL.

Is it crazy to think that Rooney may hire the first female to be HC next? I wouldn't be shocked at all.

the ****** up thing is the media the fans and even the Rooney's have bought into this **** about not firing coaches and it's a load of ****. Other than Buddy Parker I don't think one coach lasted more than three years UNTIL Chuck Noll.

From 1933 until 1969 the steelers had 13 head coaches and Parker coached for eight years, so this team went thru 12 head coaches in 28 years; that's an average time of turnover of 2.3 years.

Chuck Noll was a HOF coach and loved by almost everyone and even though I thought he should have heft about three or four years earlier He EARNED the right to go out on his own terms.

Bill Cowher was a HOF coach that won a lot of games by just getting the most out of his players, He went to three AFCCG's with average or slightly above average QB's that most coaches wouldn't have won many playoff games with. Cowher gets Ben and in two years goes to another AFCCCG and wins the SB the next year. yet when he has a losing season the third year many on this very board were calling for him to be fired. I personally wish Cowher would have coached three or four more years.

Mike Tomlin will make the HOF for two reasons. first is he is a black head coach that lasted as long as he has with the same team and second is because he is a media darling because of his bullshit Mike Tomlin talk. How many other coaches with his credentials are in the HOF, 8-8 and 9-7 have gotten a **** load of coaches fired, not making let alone winning in the playoffs have gotten a **** load of head coaches fired. Why does Tomlin get special treatment and the kid glove approach.

I watched the post game last night and the softball questions Tomlin got were sickening. I wonder why that is.

Warriors sits back and scratches his head in amazing wonder..

the ****** up thing is the media the fans and even the Rooney's have bought into this **** about not firing coaches and it's a load of ****. Other than Buddy Parker I don't think one coach lasted more than three years UNTIL Chuck Noll.

From 1933 until 1969 the steelers had 13 head coaches and Parker coached for eight years, so this team went thru 12 head coaches in 28 years; that's an average time of turnover of 2.3 years.

Chuck Noll was a HOF coach and loved by almost everyone and even though I thought he should have heft about three or four years earlier He EARNED the right to go out on his own terms.

Bill Cowher was a HOF coach that won a lot of games by just getting the most out of his players, He went to three AFCCG's with average or slightly above average QB's that most coaches wouldn't have won many playoff games with. Cowher gets Ben and in two years goes to another AFCCCG and wins the SB the next year. yet when he has a losing season the third year many on this very board were calling for him to be fired. I personally wish Cowher would have coached three or four more years.

Mike Tomlin will make the HOF for two reasons. first is he is a black head coach that lasted as long as he has with the same team and second is because he is a media darling because of his bullshit Mike Tomlin talk. How many other coaches with his credentials are in the HOF, 8-8 and 9-7 have gotten a **** load of coaches fired, not making let alone winning in the playoffs have gotten a **** load of head coaches fired. Why does Tomlin get special treatment and the kid glove approach.

I watched the post game last night and the softball questions Tomlin got were sickening. I wonder why that is.

At least Noll won a road playoff game in 89 and came very close to winning at Denver the following week with a so-so team. And Cowher made 4AFCCG with Neil and Kordell and 1 Super Bowl, and won a playoff game with Tommy Maddox.

Ironically, the people buying tickets and attending the games are perpetuating the problem. Rooney makes the same amount on stadium revenue regardless of what’s on the scoreboard. Show him tens of thousands of empty *** seats and he’ll get the message.

That is how you force change! You hit them in the place they care about most. The pocketbook.

If not for Cowher's wife being terminally ill, he likely stays on for a few more years and possibly wins his 2nd ring.
The current team will never sniff another Lombardi without a total coaching house cleaning. Do it now, rip the band-aid off.

I believe Tomlin is in because Cowher is in. They are not going to go apples to apples with silly things like budgets worked with or what happened after Bill's players and coaches left.

If not for Cowher's wife being terminally ill, he likely stays on for a few more years and possibly wins his 2nd ring.
The current team will never sniff another Lombardi without a total coaching house cleaning. Do it now, rip the band-aid off.
I think his wife didn't become ill until after he left, but the reason he left was the guy he just beat in the Super Bowl (Holmgren) got a nice new contract, and they wouldn't give Cowher that same deal.