• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why some of you "patriots" are really mad at players kneeling

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score
You've been served racist Trumptards, you know who you are.......and so do I.

I knew when I played the video that at some point, I would get told I was a racist. I was right. What surprised me is that it was at #10. I thought it would be much sooner than that.

Now that we are heading into winter, I'm curious what the members of Steeler Nation do to heat their homes? Lots of different approaches. List yours, why, what you'd prefer if you don't like what you have - electric, gas, oil, wood, wood pellet stove, solar, etc.

I have this exact wood pellet stove in my home:

MtVernonE2Insert-Black-960x456.ashx

Love it. I grew up with real fires (wood stoves) but don't want to deal with cutting wood, carrying wood, chips, etc. I get wood pellets delivered to my home. I spend about $750/winter on pellets. I heat the whole home with it (just leave the central air fan running). Unit produces 52,000 BTUs of heat. It's on a thermostat - turns on and off when needed. So nice having a fire 24x7 automatically and cutting my electricity spend at the same time.

Now that we are heading into winter, I'm curious what the members of Steeler Nation do to heat their homes? Lots of different approaches. List yours, why, what you'd prefer if you don't like what you have - electric, gas, oil, wood, wood pellet stove, solar, etc.

Love it. I grew up with real fires (wood stoves) but don't want to deal with cutting wood, carrying wood, chips, etc. I get wood pellets delivered to my home. I spend about $750/winter on pellets. I heat the whole home with it (just leave the central air fan running). Unit produces 52,000 BTUs of heat. It's on a thermostat - turns on and off when needed. So nice having a fire 24x7 automatically and cutting my electricity spend at the same time.

Nice. They never ran a gas line to my street, so I'm all electric. The first winter in this house we had some really cold sub-zero days and my bill was over $1000 a couple of times. Now I do the budget billing where it's the average of the year, so it's never a high spike or low dip. I have two fire places. We use the one in the living room on weekends and the one in our bedroom during the week. I go through 5 to 6 ricks each winter and another 1-2 ricks in the outdoor fire pit.

Taking a knee during the national anthem is like flag burning. Technically they are protected speech and a form of protest. Here's the thing about that, when you do this type of protest your actions speak so loudly that nobody can hear what you are trying to say. Go from being an activist with a cause to being an ******* who is insulting people and attention whoring. Sort of like calling everyone who doesn't agree with a demonstratively false premise a "racist" and "Nazi".

Taking a knee during the national anthem is like flag burning. Technically they are protected speech and a form of protest. Here's the thing about that, when you do this type of protest your actions speak so loudly that nobody can hear what you are trying to say. Go from being an activist with a cause to being an ******* who is insulting people and attention whoring. Sort of like calling everyone who doesn't agree with a demonstratively false premise a "racist" and "Nazi".

Thursday night I was out to dinner with my family. Youngest had a late game, so we grabbed a late dinner. Living where I live, hugely multi-cultural area, no surprise to be at our table and 3 older black gentlemen to the table to the left of me, drinking martinis (well one was). Halfway through dinner I overhear them starting to talk about the kneeling. Thursday Night Football was on the TV. The smallest yet most polished of the three was politely debating with the other. Couldn't hear what the other said, but the smaller man said "You see guys, the problem is they are at work. Could you go to work and protest and keep your job? Could you?..." Other guy said something I couldn't hear. The small guy says "You couldn't. They can protest all they want, but they shouldn't be doing it at work and the owners have a right to fire them just as your boss could fire you. It's not at all about free speech." I smile, we finish dinner.

As I stand up to leave the small gentlemen reaches out and puts his hand on my arm and says "Are you an existing or former police officer here in Montgomery County?" (a super liberal county by the way). I said no. He smiles this beaming smile at me and says "Well then you have a doppelganger out there in the police force, you look just like an officer I often see in court." One of the other guys says "He's a judge here in the county." I laughed and said "well I've been in court numerous times for traffic violations so you may have seen me then." We all laughed, shared some more small talk then we left.

Funny that...a black judge sipping a martini counseling the others that kneeling shouldn't happen on the job.

Wish I had recorded it.

Thursday night I was out to dinner with my family. Youngest had a late game, so we grabbed a late dinner. Living where I live, hugely multi-cultural area, no surprise to be at our table and 3 older black gentlemen to the table to the left of me, drinking martinis (well one was). Halfway through dinner I overhear them starting to talk about the kneeling. Thursday Night Football was on the TV. The smallest yet most polished of the three was politely debating with the other. Couldn't hear what the other said, but the smaller man said "You see guys, the problem is they are at work. Could you go to work and protest and keep your job? Could you?..." Other guy said something I couldn't hear. The small guy says "You couldn't. They can protest all they want, but they shouldn't be doing it at work and the owners have a right to fire them just as your boss could fire you. It's not at all about free speech." I smile, we finish dinner.

As I stand up to leave the small gentlemen reaches out and puts his hand on my arm and says "Are you an existing or former police officer here in Montgomery County?" (a super liberal county by the way). I said no. He smiles this beaming smile at me and says "Well then you have a doppelganger out there in the police force, you look just like an officer I often see in court." One of the other guys says "He's a judge here in the county." I laughed and said "well I've been in court numerous times for traffic violations so you may have seen me then." We all laughed, shared some more small talk then we left.

Funny that...a black judge sipping a martini counseling the others that kneeling shouldn't happen on the job.

Wish I had recorded it.

He's an Uncle Tom.

Wish I had recorded it.

So does Trump......................

Always with Tiny Tim...always the "some of my best friends are black/adopted/county judges" and of course SHARE MY VIEWS.

Do you not tire of this Trump like trip to fantasy island? Nobody qualified to be a judge could have that idiotic of a position.

Last edited:

Always with Tiny Tim...always the "some of my best friends are black/adopted/county judges" and of course SMARE MY VIEWS.

Do you not tire of this Trump like trip to fantasy island?

And once again, when reality conflicts with Elftard's distorted and incorrect view of the world, Ze says "it's all made up."

Just like a good DemocRAT

And they don't smare my views LMAO

Always with Tiny Tim...always the "some of my best friends are black/adopted/county judges" and of course SHARE MY VIEWS.

Do you not tire of this Trump like trip to fantasy island? Nobody qualified to be a judge could have that idiotic of a position.

************, your friends consist solely of Manbunodyte and Tibs.
Neither of whom have a touch of reality here in the states.
oh, and 21...the same guy who wrote "It was a dark and stormy night" before getting writer's block.

SMARE

from the educated elite.

SMARE

Now that we are heading into winter, I'm curious what the members of Steeler Nation do to heat their homes? .

Electricity - like God intended

heat should kick on by late December - till then

screened doors and opened windows for 2 months

best time to go to the beach too

beachchairs.jpg

Last edited:
I am not sure why, but I don't really have a problem with the kneeling. It is a largely symbolic gesture that will accomplish nothing of substance, but if it makes people feel better. To me it ranks right up there with the #metoo thing on Twitter. Tarana Burke is actually on the ground out doing something to help people. That is how things get done. Hashtags on Twitter are nothing but empty, lazy, pointless gestures. Kinda like kneeling. You get to complain, and it doesn't require any heavy lifting.

Bullshit...black people cant be judges...white priveledge will not allow it!

They are only good at sports, don't ya know? They are now filtering into hockey more and more. I may have to stick with the Nazi Fight Club and the Swastika Not-So-Goodwill Games for all my entertainment.

What is this strange thing they call winter? I only get different shades of summer here. We're heading into the best shade of summer..windows open ac off...ahhhh at last.

Just so you're reminded again. You're an absolute ******* moron. Complete without any doubt. Stupidest bunch of nonsense i ever wasted my time on. You can't actually believe this bullshit do you? Your lot is the most hateful nasty bunch of hypocrites who walk the planet. It's a good thing you're all ******* afraid of your own shadow.

Just so you're reminded again. You're an absolute ******* moron. Complete without any doubt. Stupidest bunch of nonsense i ever wasted my time on. You can't actually believe this bullshit do you? Your lot is the most hateful nasty bunch of hypocrites who walk the planet. It's a good thing you're all ******* afraid of your own shadow.

You actually watched it? HAAAA! I wouldn't waste a second of my life of any video by Queen Snowflake.

you are just jacking off into each others mouths by quoting that troll here

What is this strange thing they call winter? I only get different shades of summer here. We're heading into the best shade of summer..windows open ac off...ahhhh at last.

I'd say "*******" but I'm one of those sick people that prefers winter over summer. So I love when the pellet stove comes on :)