• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

XFL Game Thread

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
The XFL starts this weekend with 2 games each day.

Saturday Feb 8

Seattle Dragons at DC Defenders 2 PM ABC

seattle has former Navy QB Keena Reynolds at WR
DC has Qb Cardale Jones, Wr Eli Rogers, WR Malachi Dupree, former PSU WR DeAndre Thompkins
DC also has former steelers Doran Grant and Shamarko Thomas

LA Wildcats at Houston Roughnecks 5 PM FOX

LA has QB Josh Johnson, Hard Knocks favorite WR Nelson Spruce, former PSU Wr Saeed Blacknall
Houston has Qb PJ Walker who beat out Conner Cook, former Boston Coll RB Andre Williams,

Sunday Feb 9

Tampa Bay Vipers New York Guardians 2 PM FOX
Former Penn State QB Matt McGloin starts for NY.
Tampa has Georgia QB Aaron Murray,

St Louis Battlehawks at Dallas Renegades 5 PM ESPN
STL has QB Jordan Ta'amu, former Seahawk RB Christine Michael,
Dallas has QB Landry Jones, RB Cameron Artis-Payne

Please Keep us posted as some here don't have regular TV.

Myself, I hope this league is somewhat of a success and lasts for awhile. I know it's not the NFL but then the NFL has had 100years in the making. I like how they have improved / changed / fan friendly their game.

I'm really curious on the double pass aspect and the KICKING game.

Salute the nation

Here’s an explanation of their funky rules

DC is my team...lots of X-Steelers.

Cardale has a freaking cannon arm, lol. Damn.

I’M assuming this is a soccer stadium in the DC area. I wonder if they will all play at small stadiums. If so, that’s smart because this looks like a big crowd and it’s noisy. It’s probably only like 20k fans. If they were in the redskins stadium it would look empty and probably not have much sound

I’M assuming this is a soccer stadium in the DC area. I wonder if they will all play at small stadiums. If so, that’s smart because this looks like a big crowd and it’s noisy. It’s probably only like 20k fans. If they were in the redskins stadium it would look empty and probably not have much sound

Great idea but they will use huge stadiums in New York, St. Louis, Seattle, Tampa Bay and Dallas, only 3 teams will use soccer stadiums or a smaller college stadium, Houston. Love the smaller stadiums as it feels like and event but putting the same 20,000 fans in a huge venue like MetLife Stadium and Century Link Field it will feel like a failure with n atmosphere or intensity.

Well, it looks like pro football, at least. Not bad.

Actually a better product than what I thought it would be.

The officials aren't very good at spotting the ball.

Looks like very minimal shoulder pads. Maybe to cut down on big hits?

the second game on Fox just began with the Houston Roughnecks and the announcer (Menefee?) keeps calling them Renegades