• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

You’re the coach/GM

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
It’s the end of the season and you’ve fired Matt Canada or you elected to not renew his contract either way you need to have a list of guys that would potentially replace him-who is on your list and why?
Here’s mine

1. Byron Leftwich- should be at the top of the list-away from Tom Brady, look at his production with Jamies Winston. Yes, he threw a bunch of picks, but he put up a shitload of touchdowns
2. Antwaan Randle El- he has been with the Lions for the past couple of years working on his coaching chops, his receivers are producing. He could be a very creative coordinator
3. Kevin Patullo-a steal from the Eagles, would understand what Khan/Weidel are building
4. Todd Haley-can have Pickett or Trubisky successful
5. Brian Griese- is a pretty good offensive mind and would be a quarterback friendly coordinator
6. Mark Whipple- could he reproduce the magic he made with Pickett at Pitt

It’s the end of the season and you’ve fired Matt Canada or you elected to not renew his contract either way you need to have a list of guys that would potentially replace him-who is on your list and why?
Here’s mine

1. Byron Leftwich- should be at the top of the list-away from Tom Brady, look at his production with Jamies Winston. Yes, he threw a bunch of picks, but he put up a shitload of touchdowns
2. Antwaan Randle El- he has been with the Lions for the past couple of years working on his coaching chops, his receivers are producing. He could be a very creative coordinator
3. Kevin Patullo-a steal from the Eagles, would understand what Khan/Weidel are building
5. Brian Griese- is a pretty good offensive mind and would be a quarterback friendly coordinator
I would go with Kevin. I think the Steelers potentially could end up resembling their offense.

You’re the coach/GM​

Well, firstly....

7zhpnp.jpg

This is the most probable solution. I'm still rooting for him to make it happen this year. I just don't have a ton of faith of it happening. It's been over a decade.
You missed the memo it is all Kenny's fault now that Ben is gone.

Anyone on that list is better than Canada. This guy was fired as OC at LSU for pete sake. Fired at Maryland. Nah, he’s in way over his head. He does not know how to utilize his talented players. His playbook is too fricking predictable and simplistic.
What the hell are Art and Tomlin doing here?

You missed the memo it is all Kenny's fault now that Ben is gone.

I still see an occasional “BLAME BEN” post.

How limited is one when they can’rt see how good BEN really was.

Salute the nation

Ryan Grubb, the OC at the University of Washington would be someone they might interview. I realize he doesn't have pro experience but he's innovative, smart and has done wonders with their passing attack. He's so far above Canada in their college resumes and he's also a QB coach.

Maybe we could get chase claypool as OC. Since he doesnt know Chicago's playbook maybe he can make one of his own.

Maybe we could get chase claypool as OC. Since he doesnt know Chicago's playbook maybe he can make one of his own.
Chase did get a TD the other day tying the Steelers offensive game 1 tally.😁

1, Ryan Grubb - Washington Huskies OC.
2. Andy Ludwig - Utah Utes OC.

Either of these guys will be a huge upgrade. It will take 2 years to fully see the scheme develop, but man could these gentlemen set the offense straight.

Assuming some of those OC’s are under contract and not available….
In order:
The Toddster
Whipple
El

#1 or #2. But MT wont accept any coach worth a damn that might be a threat to him. That's why we've had guys like Austin, Canada, Sphincter. We don't get guys like Leftwich, Bienimi, etc.
to be fair-Teryl Austin’s scheme looks familiar to Butler’s scheme. With Tomlin’s fingerprints all over it

He should of kept Flores, when the browns were getting those chunk yards it sickened me that we were in 2 dl sets, later at times we had some 3 dl, where Adams just exploded, not satisfied with the run d from the MLB, some of those whiffs. Maybe we can poach Patullo, if not go after Byron.

If I'm Tomlin and decided to keep him despite all the public objection and go through all the team build and see these first two weeks.... .I'd have a sick feeling.

Here’s mine

Why beat around the Bush and let Tomlin hire another clown OC. Fire the joker ( Tomlin ) Then our offense can re-bound.

Time to start Warren and Jones for the offense . And play Washington more. And maybe bench Pickett if he keep playing like _ _ _ _.

But Tomlin picks who starts.

I love the way Green (who isn't even on roster) and Tomlin to less extent talk condescending about football people vs. Fans as it pertains to Canada. I do coach football but have no delusion about me the JV HC and Mike Tomlin. However, I don't need to be a Micheline star chef to know a **** sandwich would taste terrible.

you know if canada gets fired, either the current offensive line coach or the QB coach are getting promoted

i don't even know who either of those people are

Reactions: xjx