• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Can we beat Miami.?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If today was the end of the season, here is how we stand.

AFC PLAYOFF PICTURE​

1) Baltimore Ravens 9-3

2) Kansas City Chiefs 8-3

3) Jacksonville Jaguars 8-3

4) Miami Dolphins 8-3

~

5) Pittsburgh Steelers 7-4

6) Cleveland Browns 7-4

7) Indianapolis Colts 6-5

Unless I'm not seeing something, We play the Miami Dolphins first round of the play offs.

Can we beat them?

I think it would be a tough game to win, but our "O" is not as hindered from the O'Canada affect.

Our "D" has been pretty dang good and keeps us in striking distance.

I think it is a less than 6 point differential with a late game drive for the win off The Boz's foot.

Keep in mind that's with the "High" still in effect from the "Freedom of the O'Canada" win this past weekend. I may need a week or two to sober up or come down,
possibly return from my Spirit World.

Salute the nation

Way too early for scenarios. You can look towards the last week for a better feel for potential matchups. Steelers still have work to do to make the playoffs.

But to play the scenario I would say.... Probably not. Their O against the Steelers iffy corners outside of Porter isn't a good matchup.

I also need to see how Kenny is down the stretch. If he can build on his last performance. I wouldn't mind a Jagoff or Clown rematch....

Way too early for scenarios. You can look towards the last week for a better feel for potential matchups. Steelers still have work to do to make the playoffs.

But to play the scenario I would say.... Probably not. Their O against the Steelers iffy corners outside of Porter isn't a good matchup.

I also need to see how Kenny is down the stretch. If he can build on his last performance. I wouldn't mind a Jagoff or Clown rematch....

Unless we win the division, I doubt we see the clowns again this year.

The jagoffs may fall to us and yes, I'd think we get a "W" out of that rematch.

I hear yaz on the way to early, BUT I was just putting out today's end of season, no scenarios to wait for.

Salute the nation

Can we beat them?
No. Shades has proven convincingly that he can’t beat anyone in the playoffs. He’s given up over 40 points in each of his last three playoff games with better teams than this one that averages 16 ppg. The O gonna magically score more than double that? Nah.

Miami is our worst match. KC has no WRs. Ravens are always a slugfest, Browns only have a defense. Jags are probably our 2nd worst matchup, and i don't think the colts are a walk in the park. I still think a team like Buffalo will sneak in, but still way too early to worry about all that

No. Shades has proven convincingly that he can’t beat anyone in the playoffs. He’s given up over 40 points in each of his last three playoff games with better teams than this one that averages 16 ppg. The O gonna magically score more than double that? Nah.
Mikes gonna make a believer of you!

trick is to convince Mikey that this is a regular season game.

Miami hasnt beaten a single team with a record above .500
All three losses have come to teams with a .500 or better record (Bills, Eagles, Chefs)

Miami has the fastest offense in the league, and our defense would have its work cut out for them. Love to see how that little midget QB fares vs Watt and Highsmith.

Agreed

Numbers 6 & 7 are not making the playoffs.

trick is to convince Mikey that this is a regular season game.

Miami hasnt beaten a single team with a record above .500
All three losses have come to teams with a .500 or better record (Bills, Eagles, Chefs)

Miami has the fastest offense in the league, and our defense would have its work cut out for them. Love to see how that little midget QB fares vs Watt and Highsmith.
Belicheat didn’t suddenly get stupid and with the worst team the Cheats have had in decades I’m gonna predict he kicks Shades’ *** as usual and bring everyone back to Earth.

Ask me in 6 weeks, but if the Steelers passing game is now indeed competent, they can continue to run the ball as they have been, and they can get Minkah and the other defenders back and healthy, a playoff win or three is a definite possibility against any team in the AFC. Nobody is that great, even KC.

If today was the end of the season, here is how we stand.

AFC PLAYOFF PICTURE​

1) Baltimore Ravens 9-3

2) Kansas City Chiefs 8-3

3) Jacksonville Jaguars 8-3

4) Miami Dolphins 8-3

~

5) Pittsburgh Steelers 7-4

6) Cleveland Browns 7-4

7) Indianapolis Colts 6-5

Unless I'm not seeing something, We play the Miami Dolphins first round of the play offs.

Can we beat them?

I think it would be a tough game to win, but our "O" is not as hindered from the O'Canada affect.

Our "D" has been pretty dang good and keeps us in striking distance.

I think it is a less than 6 point differential with a late game drive for the win off The Boz's foot.

Keep in mind that's with the "High" still in effect from the "Freedom of the O'Canada" win this past weekend. I may need a week or two to sober up or come down,

Salute the nation
Given Mike Tomlin's stellar playoff record the last 10 years or so, I'm BRIMMING with confidence!

Belicheat didn’t suddenly get stupid and with the worst team the Cheats have had in decades I’m gonna predict he kicks Shades’ *** as usual and bring everyone back to Earth.
Belicheat's offense will suddenly right themselves. for 4 quarters. on 12/7.
no doubt about that.

BUT if we were meeting for the last game of the year and our record was 8-8, THAT would be very interesting.

no doubt about that.

BUT if we were meeting for the last game of the year and our record was 8-8, THAT would be very interesting.
Oh I am confident they would win that game. I have a shelf full of participation trophies that support my claim. I try not to shine them if dusty, as one I rubbed too hard and it turned green.

😁

no doubt about that.

Oh I am confident they would win that game. I have a shelf full of participation trophies that support my claim. I try not to shine them if dusty, as one I rubbed too hard and it turned green.

😁
Probably end in a tie.
8-8-1, never a losing season, greatest coach ever.

That playoff scenario is too far away to even be concerned with. I don't even expect Cleveland to be in the playoffs by the time it's here. Worrying about who we play is premature at this point. But, no, if we played Miami I don't see us winning unless the post-Canada team is really, really improved. It partly depends how much of the change was also telling Shades to stay out of the offense and stop applying his "wet your pants" approach to it.

Did all that by himself eh? I applaud him then. One man taking on an entire team ... takes some cajones.

And I said that tongue in cheek comment to remind that alot of those losses, the players helped secure.
So, this team has shown nothing in recent playoffs to inspire confidence in winning a playoff matchup.

So here is the thing vs the Pats… we absolutely need them to finish with one of the top two draft picks… they will 100% go for a QB in that scenario, but if it’s Chicago ( from Carolina) and Arizona, than the top 2 qbs will be gone and billy will look to trade back for one of the other qbs that probably go closer to ten…

The huge massive issue for us is that the Bengals are gonna lose a lot and probably have the pick the Pats will want… and then either the Penn state Tackle or Harrison jr is ripe for the Bengals taking… either would be long term bad news in the division…

So we better thrash those pats that Thursday

We can beat Miami. It comes down to keeping them from scoring more points than we do.
If John Madden was alive, he'd say "You score more points than your opponent, BOOM! you win the game."