• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Coaching ... another season.

Steel Reign

Custom Title
Contributor
Reaction score
First, yes, I acknowledge the shortcomings of various players in this game. But it is another year where things looked a little different (and I mean the coaches and play calling) in the preseason only to 100% revert to the usual once the regular season started. This was, again, a team not prepared for the first week. An unusual choice from our "defensive coordinator" to go mostly zone rather than man. Our offensive coordinator fully reverted to his usual playbook. Our special teams coordinator trotted out the same inconsequential and inconsistent punter for the same results as well as our special teams (outside of a terrific McFarlane on kick returns) looking really bad and getting penalties (gotta love when half the line goes offsides).

Absent a coaching change (Tomlin is 1000% safe and Canada 100%), it will be a season of huge downs, some scrappiness that will get us close but, again, a likely, but barely, winning record and no progress.

First, yes, I acknowledge the shortcomings of various players in this game. But it is another year where things looked a little different (and I mean the coaches and play calling) in the preseason only to 100% revert to the usual once the regular season started. This was, again, a team not prepared for the first week. An unusual choice from our "defensive coordinator" to go mostly zone rather than man. Our offensive coordinator fully reverted to his usual playbook. Our special teams coordinator trotted out the same inconsequential and inconsistent punter for the same results as well as our special teams (outside of a terrific McFarlane on kick returns) looking really bad and getting penalties (gotta love when half the line goes offsides).

Absent a coaching change (Tomlin is 1000% safe and Canada 100%), it will be a season of huge downs, some scrappiness that will get us close but, again, a likely, but barely, winning record and no progress.
It is fair to say coaching across the board will hold this team back from anything meaningful. If this team truly wants to improve they would start by dumping Canada tomorrow.

In a league where talent is even Steven coaching really matters… it decides games. In this game it was staff vs staff and we are just not going to win those games! Shanahan is cranking out coaches as well as wins and they looked it! They hit on all cylinders… again our offense just looks like an old car with flat tires.

Kenny's throws were bad today. The interceptions are inexcusable.
Sure but DJ fell down on the one and I am pretty sure he gets his hands on the ball and maybe even gets up and gets it if he doesn't slip and fall. But, KP was off today. The timing wasn't there and even DJ seemed to admit he did something wrong on the throw down the middle that should have been a TD. The other WR's didn't do what KP expected as well but still, the O looked bad. Austin and Najee both looked good today. The OL was terrible. And, Canaduh, well, was Canaduh.

The SF 49ers came to play, period. Shanahan is a far superior coach than Tomlin who had his team ready in all aspects of the game where Tomlin did not.
I said a few months ago that the Steelers should have kept coach Flores and dumped Terrell Austin who was overmatched and out coached today. Oh well!
In fairness to Kenny, his OL stunk. Poor pass protection and no running game. Kenny was off the mark too and the second int was all on him. Receivers didn’t get any separation to help Kenny which is troubling. And oh yeah, did I mention that the 49ers are a very good football team and the best team we will face all year.
Let’s see how Tomlin responds to this one for next week’s opponent, the Browns,

It was extremely strange. He looked completely out of sorts.

On a good note the Bungles looked like hammered **** and had less yards than the Steelers.
In the 3rd, the camera focused on KFP walking around ..... I made the comment that he looked constipated: stiff, awkwardly small steps just walking between plays.

Maybe he has undisclosed back issues or something?

Purdy was the very last ******* pick in the 22 draft the LAST ******* pick. He looked like Manning, Brady, Montana, and ******* Mahomes all in one today. Our coaches have NO ******* clue. I'm so pissed right now I'm shaking.

I am ******* sick of this the standard is the standard bullshit. our standard sucks. Part of me hopes we lose every ******* game so they have to blow this coaching staff up. Maybe they should sell the team to someone that actually loves the steelers and who actually wants to win.

I’m tired of the Tomlin excuses. If you can’t put up a better team to be prepared then step away. You stuck in the playoffs and so far you suck in regular season too. .500 is nothing to be proud of. Enough with the excuses. If you can’t get things fixed then both you and Canada should be fired during the bye week.

Kenny's throws were bad today. The interceptions are inexcusable.
kenny "the pick" pickett has been bad since last year. Coaching is atrocious but no coach is winning anything with this combination of #1 qb #1rb and #1wr.
2 first round busts and an overrated route runner with bad hands that hasn't seen the endzone since 2021.

I got a bad feeling about the game after our 2nd offensive play. Why we run that jet sweep or whatever it is called is beyond me. Maybe I should be surprised it wasn't the first play of the game. As I stated in the game thread. As disappointed as I am on how our offense looked in all aspects...I am even more disappointed in how our defense played.

kenny "the pick" pickett has been bad since last year. Coaching is atrocious but no coach is winning anything with this combination of #1 qb #1rb and #1wr.
2 first round busts and an overrated route runner with bad hands that hasn't seen the endzone since 2021.
What did we win with our killer B tandem? Ben Bell and Brown? I believe we had an awesome TE and OL to boot.

I got a bad feeling about the game after our 2nd offensive play. Why we run that jet sweep or whatever it is called is beyond me. Maybe I should be surprised it wasn't the first play of the game. As I stated in the game thread. As disappointed as I am on how our offense looked in all aspects...I am even more disappointed in how our defense played.
A jet sweep against one of the best add in the NFL with fresh legs and full of energy on play number 2…. Only Canada does that ****.