• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 2

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
College Football Week 2

Not too many good matchups this week

Bowling Green at 8 Penn State 12:00 BTN PSU -35
Penn State looked really good vs West Virginia. Everyone knew the defense would be good but the offense was the question. The new offense was dynamic. Tons of formations to keep a defense guessing.

Last year the offense scored points against bad team by wearing them down. Even against weak opponents, there were few big plays. I don't expect this game vs BG to be competitive for very long so I hope we see some splash plays early. PSU has a Bye next week which is strange.

3 Texas at 10 Michigan 12:00 FOX Tex -7.5
There are only 2 matchups of ranked teams this week but this is by far the biggest. Texas was impressive last week and Michigan looked sluggish vs Fresno State. Was Michigan holding back, trying not to show anything? Michigan has a 23 game home win streak. They better not come out sluggish vs Texas or that will reset to 0.

Iowa State at 21 Iowa 3:30 CBS Iowa -3
This is usually a good game. Iowa has a new OC and they scored 40 last week vs Illinois State. That's a big deal because last year they couldn't score much even against bad teams. Michigan transfer QB Cade McNamara missed most of last year but he's healthy now and had a strong game.

19 Kansas at Illinois 7:00 FS1 Kan -4.5

not many interesting games this week. This one could at least be a good matchup.

14 Tennessee at 24 NC State 7:30 ABC Tenn -10
the other mnatchup of ranked teams. Tenn beat up on Tenn Chattanooga last week. New Tenn QB Nico Iamaleava had a great game. NC State will be a better test. They led the ACC with 17 INT last year. NC State had to come from behind against an FCS team but scored the last 21 to win. Did that battle harden them or do they just stink?

Colorado at Nebraska 7:30 NBC Neb -7
All eyes will be on the QBs, Shedeur Sanders for Colorado and top QB recruit Dominic Raiola who looked great in his debut last week. Colorado's OL struggled vs ND State but they didn;t have the athletes to track down Shedeur for the actual sacks. Nebraska does. This would be a huge national TV win for a Nebraska program trying to get back to relevant.

Houston at 15 Oklahoma 7:45 SEC Network OU -28
Houston lost to UNLV last week so this may be a blowout but scraping to find decent games this week.

Northern Arizona at 20 Arizona 10:00 ESPN+
This is only noteworth because Arizona has an awesome WR, Tetairoa McMillan. He's 6'5 and supposedly runs in the 4.3 range. Last week he had 304 yards and 4 TD on just 10 receptions.

Nice write up as always, Tape!

Houston's defense is as porous as a screen door and Donovan Smith didn't have time to set his feet before a white jersey was in his face. It's going to be much much worse against Oklahoma. Sorry Coolie.

Michigan is going to get trounced, and I'm going to be all warm and giggly inside watching the fans melt down in their big ugly stadium. **** Michigan!

Sanders lit up the scoreboard with both Hunter and Horn at WR to the tune of 445yds and 4TDs against the ND State Jack rabbits, which are a very good FCS team in their own right. It will be a good test for the Nebraska defense.

Lamaleava sounds like a Culture Club song, poor kid. But the dude is crazy talented, and he is going to make NC State look like an FCS defense. This one gets ugly quick.

Penn State FINALLY has an OC who took the training wheels off of Drew Allar. Penn State is a run first team with Singleton and Allen being the workhorses of the running attack but having Allar throw 17 times AND allowing him to run really opened up the offense. And can we get Pribula in more packages please? ***** sake!

Houston's defense is as porous as a screen door and Donovan Smith didn't have time to set his feet before a white jersey was in his face. It's going to be much much worse against Oklahoma. Sorry Coolie.

Michigan is going to get trounced, and I'm going to be all warm and giggly inside watching the fans melt down in their big ugly stadium. **** Michigan!

Sanders lit up the scoreboard with both Hunter and Horn at WR to the tune of 445yds and 4TDs against the ND State Jack rabbits, which are a very good FCS team in their own right. It will be a good test for the Nebraska defense.

Lamaleava sounds like a Culture Club song, poor kid. But the dude is crazy talented, and he is going to make NC State look like an FCS defense. This one gets ugly quick.

Penn State FINALLY has an OC who took the training wheels off of Drew Allar. Penn State is a run first team with Singleton and Allen being the workhorses of the running attack but having Allar throw 17 times AND allowing him to run really opened up the offense. And can we get Pribula in more packages please? ***** sake!

Sins of the Ex-coach

Salute the nation

Nothing on Bama vs. USF??? We nearly lost to them last year in a monsoon and poor QB play...nothing on Georgia either??? C'mon Tape...

Nothing on Bama vs. USF??? We nearly lost to them last year in a monsoon and poor QB play...nothing on Georgia either??? C'mon Tape...
...or you could use your talents and write it up as an appendix to ours. :D

Georgia is playing Tennessee Tech, who lost last week to a team named Middle Tennessee...If Georgia doesn't lay 100 points on them it'll be a complete failure.

...or you could use your talents and write it up as an appendix to ours. :D

Georgia is playing Tennessee Tech, who lost last week to a team named Middle Tennessee...If Georgia doesn't lay 100 points on them it'll be a complete failure.
Oh, this is me just tugging at Tape's love for the SEC. His write ups are great. Us SEC supporters just love giving him a hard time...

McMillan's the real deal, both my kids went to school in Tucson and I thought he may have opted for the draft last spring.
Hands are huge and regularly snags one handed catches.
Would look good in black and gold, obviously.

CO vs. Neb -7 should be interesting. They have been ripping Deion's big uglies up front. Their supposed lack on the lines should rear their ugly heads in this one, if true.

Good stuff along with original post.
No biggie, but it's North Dakota State Bison and South Dakota State Jack Rabbits, both from Missouri Valley Conference, the SEC of FCS.

UH's offensive and defensive lines were terrible last week and I don't see them looking any better against OU

hopefully they can pull their heads out of their ***** and get it together before conference games start

this will likely be an ugly game but I gotta watch anyway.

Man, they out here getting bullied in their own house by bowling green.

Who is this QB for bowling green
Penn st just cut into the lead now. 17-14

Lets go Longhorns!!

West Virginia has to be wondering how they lost last week.

Lets go Longhorns!!
West Virginia has to be wondering how they lost last week.
WVU lost because they have a bunch of clowns serving as the coaching staff

Ok college football people. I believe we will try again to draft our #1 QB next draft. Who am I looking at this college season? Your realistic favorite that you think will be there and look good in the B&G. Any dark horses?

Bowling Green just wants it more at this point. And they’re playing like it.