• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Cope is Leaving the Political Forum

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I appreciate the discussions we've had. At this time, since I represent the site, I don't want to dilute the branding of my posts, which is and always will be Pittsburgh Steelers news. Also a big reason why I leave politics out of Drunk Cope threads, since we all just want to talk about the Steelers in the Football Forum anyway.

I ask that you take time to leave news sources behind and talk to people directly about issues that affect them. You may gain different perspectives that you might not have thought about.

Lastly, if you want to write a joke, first ask yourself, would I tell this joke to Cam Heyward? If not, probably best not to write it. If you think he'd be cool with it, go ahead and share away. You all know I'm always up for a good laugh.

If anyone wants to continue political conversations via PM, I'm happy to do so.

I'll see you guys in the other forums, and as always, GO STEELERS!!!

Hi guys,

I appreciate the discussions we've had. At this time, since I represent the site, I don't want to dilute the branding of my posts, which is and always will be Pittsburgh Steelers news. Also a big reason why I leave politics out of Drunk Cope threads, since we all just want to talk about the Steelers in the Football Forum anyway.

I ask that you take time to leave news sources behind and talk to people directly about issues that affect them. You may gain different perspectives that you might not have thought about.

Lastly, if you want to write a joke, first ask yourself, would I tell this joke to Cam Heyward? If not, probably best not to write it. If you think he'd be cool with it, go ahead and share away. You all know I'm always up for a good laugh.

If anyone wants to continue political conversations via PM, I'm happy to do so.

I'll see you guys in the other forums, and as always, GO STEELERS!!!

Sorry to see you leave the Politics forum. The way the NFL is these days it will be hard to avoid politics.

I was going to post a joke about Craig Heyward being kinda chunky, but Cope's qualifying requirement now makes that difficult.

....Lastly, if you want to write a joke, first ask yourself, would I tell this joke to Cam Heyward? If not, probably best not to write it. If you think he'd be cool with it, go ahead and share away.
I'm not understanding this part....So, Cam Heyward's approval of people's speech is the measuring stick we use to decide what we can say? Am I reading that right?

I'm not understanding this part....So, Cam Heyward's approval of people's speech is the measuring stick we use to decide what we can say? Am I reading that right?

Yeah...we don't know if he has a sense of humor or if he's woke, misguided and pissed off. All we really know is that he's probably hungry. That's not enough info to decide if he would appreciate a good joke or not.

This feels like "I'm not going to talk politics any more, but let me give you one last lecture on why you guys are ignorant and what you should do about it."

I think most of us have progressed far enough in tact and sensibility that we don't need to make Cam Heyward the arbiter of that.

Lastly, if you want to write a joke, first ask yourself, would I tell this joke to Cam Heyward? If not, probably best not to write it.

Man stop....why would I care if Cam Heyward laughed at my joke. He's not my daddy and he don't put food on my table. Now we are back to the idea that pro athletes need to influence my opinions. Maybe Cam Heyward needs to consider if I think it appropriate for his teammates to disrespect our flag, if so probably best not do it.

That would make more sense to me.

Yeah...we don't know if he has a sense of humor or if he's woke, misguided and pissed off. All we really know is that he's probably hungry. That's not enough info to decide if he would appreciate a good joke or not.

I could be wrong but, the way I'm understanding is, If you can beat people up, you get to tell them what they can say or joke about. I would ask Dope but, he's out.

Man stop....why would I care if Cam Heyward laughed at my joke. He's not my daddy and he don't put food on my table. Now we are back to the idea that pro athletes need to influence my opinions. Maybe Cam Heyward needs to consider if I think it appropriate for his teammates to disrespect our flag, if so probably best not do it.

That would make more sense to me.

When the NFL chose to go with 2 anthems in week 1, the NFL spokesperson was quoted as saying the decision was in part to "educate fans."

Do we tune in to be educated by men who mostly have never held a real job in the real world?

I personally don't know Cam, does he have a sense of humor?

Watched a couple of the Steelers.com videos & one where the guys were doing a grill-off, and both he and Vince seem like they have great senses of humor. Cam is always well spoken, a leader and a hell of a hard worker so I'm sure he's no snowflake.

When the NFL chose to go with 2 anthems in week 1, the NFL spokesperson was quoted as saying the decision was in part to "educate fans."

Do we tune in to be educated by men who mostly have never held a real job in the real world?

But...but Cope says "best not do it"......yeah, thanks but no thanks. I'll get my opinions somewhere else. Football players and Democrats are not included.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/57625352/when-you-say-get-educated-youre-telling-me-i-need-to-think-like-your-lame-***.jpg

But...but Cope says "best not do it"......yeah, thanks but no thanks. I'll get my opinions somewhere else. Football players and Democrats are not included.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/57625352/when-you-say-get-educated-youre-telling-me-i-need-to-think-like-your-lame-***.jpg

Insulting the customer is a great business model. Works every time. The NFL is in for a rude awakening after week 1. Many other people have figured out already that there are other things to do with their time.

Last edited:
This feels like "I'm not going to talk politics any more, but let me give you one last lecture on why you guys are ignorant and what you should do about it."

I think most of us have progressed far enough in tact and sensibility that we don't need to make Cam Heyward the arbiter of that.

Pretty much this. And lmao at "discussions we've had". Yeah okay, if you wanna call it that.

And even though you 'left' the political forum weeks ago, no need to start a thread announcing it. Just stop posting here, I think we're all big enough boys & girls to get it.

Pretty much this. And lmao at "discussions we've had". Yeah okay, if you wanna call it that.

And even though you 'left' the political forum weeks ago, no need to start a thread announcing it. Just stop posting here, I think we're all big enough boys & girls to get it.

I can imagine it's pretty heady though when you've been given this Damascus Road epiphany on White Privilege and you want to get the word out to both the Greeks and the barbarians.

And when you owe it to Cam Heyward.

I think we're basically the barbarians in the story.

Insulting the customer is a great business model. Works every time. The NFL is in for a rude awakening after week 1. Many other people have figured out already that there are other things to do with their time.

Oh boy are they ever! This is the nuclear detonation to their business model. So many others paths they could have chosen. Just don't go asking the taxpayers for a bailout when it blows your face off.

This is pretty much start some threads,bail out,come back to get the last word in a new thread, then bail out again.

He doesn't want to educate himself at all. You have perspective, reality and then facts! Facts do NOT care about your feelings. Nobody wants to hear facts anymore, because the absolute truth just hurts too much or it doesn't fit your agenda.

oopsie daisy.

I can imagine it's pretty heady though when you've been given this Damascus Road epiphany on White Privilege and you want to get the word out to both the Greeks and the barbarians.

I found a copy of that I put to good use (the stores all ran out of toilet paper again).

And a substantial percentage of whom can BARELY achieve a better score on the completely unchallenging Wonderlic test than could Magic 8 Ball and complete guesses.

Oh boy are they ever! This is the nuclear detonation to their business model. So many others paths they could have chosen. Just don't go asking the taxpayers for a bailout when it blows your face off.

I hope NASCAR goes under too. They deserve it.

And a substantial percentage of whom can BARELY achieve a better score on the completely unchallenging Wonderlic test than could Magic 8 Ball and complete guesses.

Good grief, I forgot about the Wonderlic. It's worse than I thought!

Pretty much a Dunning-Kruger-fest with the NFL these days.

The thing about comedy, well it used to be....it was to be funny. It was to remove oneself from who they are and enjoy the funny things about you and everyone. Jfc. Some of the bests that ever did it, were in this age racist as ****. Richard, Eddy, Chappell, rock, Carlin Burr...etc. it’s an art. It’s not ******* pc.

**** that. Make sure we only do knock knock jokes.

Reactions: MTC
And I thought Coach was full of himself.

Referring to himself in the third person gave it that little extra touch of being a self-important bag of wind.