• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's..........week @...........Eagles....

Chicoman

Reaction score
I knew our Steelers had no chance in this one and that proved to be the case from the get go as soon as Philly got the ball on their first drive with AJ Brown catching his first of 3 TD's on the day. Pittsburgh hasn't won in Philly since 1965....were talking 57 friggin years (9-29-2 - Overall Record @ Philly), that has to be some kind of record although we actually have a worse overall win/loss record in Chicago vs the Bears (1-12 Overall Record @ Chicago). Alot of penalties in this game for our Steelers but IMO they never had a chance in this one and the Penalties if they never happened wouldn't have changed the outcome of this game....sorry. The offense continues to sputter averaging just 5.0 YPA passing the football but I don't blame Kenny Pickett. This is a Matt Canada issue and only Matt Canada......He should be FIRED immediately as this offense is averaging 14.1 PPG the worst in the NFL right now. One of the few bright spots I saw today in the game was the play and effort of Jaylen Warren. This kid IMO deserves to be the starting running back for the Steelers. I don't know what's up with Najee Harris but the one play that will stick in my mind today was 3rd & 4 in the 3rd Quarter.....Pickett hits him out of the backfield and he started dancing trying to juke out Defenders trying to tackle him instead of just running 2 yds to gain the first down. Someone needs to remind Najee Harris he's a 240lb RB and not Barry Sanders out there. If he just turned it upfield it was an easy first down. His decision making on his runs and after the catch are really awful. I mean you saw today what you have in Jaylen Warren and the kid gave great effort and made plays out there in his time in the game. No receptions today by George Pickens is something I hate seeing this kid is just too talented to have a stat line of no catches. Pickett had some moments out there today but I still stand firm on the fact that you can't evaluate any Steelers QB with Matt Canada and his offensive game plan.

Defensively this team was terrible in the secondary as AJ Brown torched them today for 3 TD's. Akhello Withspoon was burnt twice badly. I think today we saw the ceiling that Witherspoon gives us and it's not a very high one. He is not a #1 DB who can take on any other teams #1 WR. The Steelers need a shut down CB like Rod Woodson....they are terrible in the secondary when the Steelers can't generate a good pass rush up front which is something we've seen alot since TJ Watt went down. Not much else Defensively to talk about but I'll say this....I'm not a fan of Terryl Austin.....I think he needs to go right out the door with Matt Canada. Let them give the DC job to Brian Flores and see what he can do.

Heading into the BYE week our Steelers sit at a dismal 2-6 with not many positive things to say when it comes to this season. I'm looking for small things in game that this team can build upon for 2023 but so far I've really not seen much the first 8 weeks. I still like Kenny Pickett I think the kid will continue to improve. Going forward I'd like to see Mark Robinson #93-LB get some play time out there on the field. The Steelers would be smart to see if he can contribute on Defense because at the end of the season they will have decisions to make on Devin Bush & Robert Spillane. I'd also like to see more Jaylen Warren out there I'm really starting to this he's our better option at running back.

I know I'm not alone each and every week watching this 2022 Steelers team but the struggle is real when it comes to watching this team week in, week out. The offense continues to try and throw outside the numbers on offense and it's so frustrating knowing that they never use the middle of the football field when they throw the football. I don't know if anyone is keeping track but through 8 games the Pittsburgh Steelers haven't thrown 1 slant pass all season. Bill Walsh must be rolling over in his grave watching this Steelers offense. 9 more games left in the 2022 season and I'll be watching each and every game but this team will be lucky if we win 3 more games. Is it too early to start looking at the 2023 NFL Draft?

Per Tomlin's Post Game:
James Pierre - Foot injury that's being evaluated

Game Balls:
Jaylen Warren - This kid should be our starting RB.
Chase Claypool - Good effort today and he had a TD pass to DJ Watt

Game Goats:
Najee Harris - Someone needs to remind him he's a 240 lb NFL RB......I've never seen a guy his size dance around instead of running straight ahead....he's a battering ram, not a finesse guy.
Minkah Fitzpatrick - He had a rough game today and got burnt by AJ Brown several times today...one of his worst games as a Steeler
O-line - Pickett was harassed all day and took some really brutal hits.....O-line gave up 6 sacks today....they've got to be better and provide better protection for the Rookie QB.
Akhello Witherspoon - clearly outmatched vs AJ Brown today....gave up 2 long TD's....He is not a #1 DB who can matchup against any #1 WR. We need a shutdown CB in 2023.

FU's:
Matt Canada - This ******* guy is complete garbage. His offense has put up 14.1 PPG this season and the game plan to throw 80% of the passes outside the number is just Insanity! 8 Games this season and we haven't seen 1 slant! NOT 1 ******* SLANT! **** YOU MATT CANADA...YOU SHOULD BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY!
Mike Tomlin - Until he can prove us wrong Terry Bradshaw is 100% correct when it comes to Tomlin. He's not a good coach! He's responsible for the 2 **** *** Asssistant Coaches in Terryl Austin & Matt Canada....both those guys don't belong on this team! Tomlin can start to fix this problem this week by Terminating Matt Canada! Cmon Tomlin step up and do your job!

I'm not defending Tomlin but Art Rooney Jr. Needs to do his job and terminate Canada regardless of MT'S take. For no other reason than to see if the offense improves and perspective on just how much help is needed. My view is there's not a player on offense other than Freiermuth and Pickett/Pickens (patience) that if they retired today I would loose any sleep over. Nor a coach. Their offense is the worst in the league, if Rooney's priorities are appearances and consistency then the organization is going to become one of those that other fans snicker at.

You can add Kenny Pickett to the game goats far as I’m concerned. Another pick at a critical time. Yes it was tipped, but it was tipped because he didn’t see the guy underneath that tipped it. It was a poor decision and he seems to be full of them these days. Yes he’s a rookie, but in this pass friendly NFL he has to make better decisions.

Not much for me to say that hasn't already been said, but I'm impressed by Warren - he should start. And Muth continues to do his job well. And Claypool seems to be finding some fire in himself.

You can add Kenny Pickett to the game goats far as I’m concerned. Another pick at a critical time. Yes it was tipped, but it was tipped because he didn’t see the guy underneath that tipped it. It was a poor decision and he seems to be full of them these days. Yes he’s a rookie, but in this pass friendly NFL he has to make better decisions.
Not sure I'd call it a critical time...but yes, the turnovers have to stop.

At least the defense has played a few good games, you expect more with all the vets on that group tho...

The offense has been worse than last years mess and I can't think of one young player outside of Warren who is improving. Last in the league in scoring...

Canada has retired Ben, ended Trubiskys chances to ever start again, and is well on his way to ruining Pickett and Harris, get this bum outta here!

Last edited:
It’s all Ben’s fault. If only Canada had a mobile QB to fully implement his “tremendous” offense. What a joke.
Yeah, I've been trolling the haters (read: racists) in the FB group for a couple weeks now who said Canaduh needed a "more mobile" (read: black) QB.

Matt Canada was shown in the booth during the Claypool touchdown throw. He looked very nervous. Chuck Noll used to say nervous is something you only feel when you don't know what you are doing.

Steelers fans couldn’t wait to get Ben off the field. Man, I miss that guy.
Yes I miss Ben circa 2014 etc too. But let's get real. Ben was the lipstick on the pig here allowing this Facade to continue. So I guess from a feaux contending standpoint sure but C'mon. Like I enjoyed Ben's last ride but it made for another year back from where this franchise needs to go.

I think it being a "mistake" has an argument both ways. But, the throw was clearly a guy trying to score. Trying to do something. Not sure I can be unhappy about that.

Yes I miss Ben circa 2014 etc too. But let's get real. Ben was the lipstick on the pig here allowing this Facade to continue. So I guess from a feaux contending standpoint sure but C'mon. Like I enjoyed Ben's last ride but it made for another year back from where this franchise needs to go.
I miss Ben circa 2014-2017 more. But I miss Ben from last year also

Game ball..Warren gives his all each play.
half ball Claypoole made some effort plays, his bush league action at end of game when Kenny was picked off and the Eagle player gave himself up Claypoole goes over and bushes his leg against the guy and rubs foot a crossed his chest, uncalled for, showed where our players are at.

Goats Fitzpatrick terrible effort all day. Then has a selfie with Hurts trading jerseys on the field after having you *** handed to you.
O line they all should pack their bags.
This team as a whole shows no desire, no get up and go, no physical play, none of the type play of a good team, which we all see we are not. Players after game are now pointing, fingers with their comment to the press. I guess they can all go bowling and bond on the bye week.
FU's
Canada about gives himself a concussion jumping up like some high school coach because he gets a TD on a gadget play, not to score anymore.
Tomlin admits he has no answers, his five-dollar words did nothing at the post game as he continues to say we and never me or I.
Tomlin once more yells at kicker just signed and gave you 6 of 13 points for a bad kick yet nothing to high paid safety missing tackles and giving up 14 of the first 21 points.
Coaching staff that cannot teach the basics of football