• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial Thoughts on Jets Game

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
not a bad start for Russ...FG drive

bit quiet'for a bit after that but got better...some nice deep balls to Pickens. Russ played well at the end of the 1st half and throughout the second....I was not sure about the switch at QB...but damn Russ is QB1

nice to have Warren's blocking back for passing downs and Najee just bowling over people

Beanie ******* Bishop

hell Elliot, Benton JPJ, lots of defensive stars tonight...

another blocked FG - should of had a blocked XP also...******* refs

Pickens is pretty good at getting the contested catches

nice to see more targets the TEs....still need a wr#2

Beanie ************* Bishp

nice to have Highsmith back on the field

refs ******* sucked...way too many early whistles on running plays and uneven penalty calls

again

Beanie ******* Bishop

great game tonight

Nice having a QB audible plays at the line of scrimmage again. It may have actually helped Russ missing a few games. It gave him time to learn the offense better. He was a little inaccurate the first while but got better as the game went on.

It's been a long long time since I've felt this good about the team . Hope that doesn't mean they tear my heart out next week 😁

Nice having a QB audible plays at the line of scrimmage again. It may have actually helped Russ missing a few games. It gave him time to learn the offense better. He was a little inaccurate the first while but got better as the game went on.

It's been a long long time since I've felt this good about the team . Hope that doesn't mean they tear my heart out next week 😁
NO NO NO!! Tomblin sucks, Steelers suck. 5-2? why arent they 7-0??????

Best thing I did was pick up the Steeler broadcast audio on the computer and sync it with the NBC video broadcast.
What a pleasure listening to the home town crew and not Collinsworth.
Collinsworth was actually quite complimentary tonight

Second the need for a legit #2 WR. However, I’m reassessing my thoughts on whether that WR needs to be of the Aiyuk/Adams ilk. While having a 1B type would be great. I think they could get by with someone like Williams.

Solid win, but not going to get too excited… it’s the Jets and this was a game we were supposed to win.

Solid ball game. A little sloppy on defense early on with tackling,but they locked it down.

Glad they put Wilson in. I haven't seen George Pickens smiling like that in a while. And he worked his *** off. Bravo!

If they can improve the pass blocking a little more they could start actually scoring points routinely.

They have two games over 30 points this year, that a major positive.

Solid ball game. A little sloppy on defense early on with tackling,but they locked it down.

Glad they put Wilson in. I haven't seen George Pickens smiling like that in a while. And he worked his *** off. Bravo!

If they can improve the pass blocking a little more they could start actually scoring points routinely.

They have two games over 30 points this year, that a major positive.
they would have 3 buy Najee purposly stopped short of the goal line late in the 4th

We missed Alex Highsmith. He made a big difference tonight. Our Center had a great game. Our Special Teams had a great game. Give Danny Smith credit. I loved it when the players swarmed him after the block. When our Punter actually punted….right on the money as well as our super kicker the Boz. Give CMT a lot of the credit. He stuck to his guns and made the switch. It was a leader decision. He could have played it safe. There are others….our secondary played well. Our Dline played well.
Lastly Russell Wilson. After an obviously horrible start he settled in. His long passes were all short. Except for that beautiful pass to Pat. But his timing will get better,and I can’t wait. Should be exciting. Much better vision and command,confidence. This has got to feel really sweet for him on prime time Sunday night with millions watching. Good for him. I thought the same with Naj. Jumping into the stands at the end must have felt great for him after all the negatives. George Pickens smiling ear to ear. Great game for us all around.