• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Is this a playoff team?

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
6-3 and I’m happy. But those are ugly wins against bad teams.

The rest of the schedule doesn’t get easier.

Can this team WIN a playoff game?

If they make the playoffs and get smoked again, what changes need to happen?

PS- I went to the Dallas game yesterday and those fans are even more axxholey then Philly fans.

6-3 and I’m happy. But those are ugly wins against bad teams.

The rest of the schedule doesn’t get easier.

Can this team WIN a playoff game?

If they make the playoffs and get smoked again, what changes need to happen?

PS- I went to the Dallas game yesterday and those fans are even more axxholey then Philly fans.
Bad teams? Cleveland and Baltimore are not bad teams. Raiders are in the hunt as well.

They are winning despite the logic. Can’t rule anything out until they are actually out.

Everyone is touting the Chiefs, they have had their struggles as well. ****, they moved up in power rankings even though on a bye week.

Today, YES i think they can win a playoff game. Seeding will have some to play in that as well.

I’ll keep rooting for my beloved STEELERS and hope “Side-line” O’Canada can continue to less suck.

Salute the nation

Bad teams? Cleveland and Baltimore are not bad teams. Raiders are in the hunt as well.
When we played them earlier this season they were bad.

Now… not so much and they will be hard games

I think they get AZ, Pats, if they get two more div wins they are in. I they get one it will likely come down to Colts. But it's a Tomlin Facade and it will be same time same channel next year.

IF we make the playoffs, this board will ignite in a wrath and fury unlike anything seen previously.
Because our first game in the playoffs we will absolutely get dog walked as our checkers playing coaching staff will be completely overwhelmed by whatever opposing coaching staff we face.
Our players will give their all, but it will be in vain.

The D gives up big chunk plays but seems to keep us in games regardless. They got Cam back but the injuries on D are mounting weekly. The O, especially the run game, is getting better now that Jones is playing for Chuks. I just can't see them taking Jones off the field but it wouldn't surprise me. Playcalling is still very questionable. KP still has his multiple off-target throws per game but most QB's do. His are magnified because he usually doesn't throw that much and they aren't long passes. The WR's are still unable to get open at times and drop too many passes. DJ had a back-shoulder pass this past game that bounced off both of his hands. He has to catch that ball.

At this point, being 6-3, they would have to implode to not make it. 500 the rest of the way and they are in. Their schedule isn't as easy as it has been made out to be. Of our remaining games, I am guessing we will be favored in 3 of the 8. Our division is the best in the NFL this year. I think they get in but I think they get spanked in their first game as they did the last 3 times they were in the playoffs. 20 points will not win many playoff games in this NFL.

P.S. They are by far the worst 6-3 team but that is what Tomlin teams do.

Hell No
Same garbage product as last year with a luckier turnover differential.
Halfway through the season the reality remains the same.
1. The defense is bad but they have T.J.
2. The playcalling is ****.
3. We still don't have a true #1 WR or a #2 that can catch the ball consistently.
4. T.J Watt is soley responsible for atleast 3 wins.
5. Jaylen Warren is a bad man not getting enough snaps. Halfway through the season and he is averaging 1.2 more ypc than Harris, just like last year, same line same oc, healthy harris??

The only thing I was wrong about is not realizing or admitting just how bad the QB is. Kenny is bad enough to make the rest of the team look good in comparison.
Kenny should have his picture on the center of the Terrible Towels, he's just that Terrible.

Only fools buy into this record.

The Steelers are so bad former players are calling out current players.
Trai Essex was mocking kenny for a swing pass that any NFL QB should be able to hit 100% of the time,
Big Ben calling out Najee for running too soft trying to avoid contact with a much smaller defender with the game on the line.
Ward calling out Pickens.
Everyone but the front office calling out Canada. It all just stinks this season.

One and done in the playoffs is this team's ceiling, unfortunately. Fortunately, for Rooney, most fans are more than happy with these results. Therefore, no changes necessary and all is great in Pittsburgh.

When we played them earlier this season they were bad.

Now… not so much and they will be hard games
When we played them earlier in the season there was a 3way battle for first place and we won both games.

We could be one of those “tough outs” if everything breaks just right. I don’t mean a deep run, but playoff football in cold weather can become a real will of attrition. Run ball ☑️. Opportunistic defense ☑️. Competent coordinators 👎.

The D gives up big chunk plays but seems to keep us in games regardless. They got Cam back but the injuries on D are mounting weekly. The O, especially the run game, is getting better now that Jones is playing for Chuks. I just can't see them taking Jones off the field but it wouldn't surprise me. Playcalling is still very questionable. KP still has his multiple off-target throws per game but most QB's do. His are magnified because he usually doesn't throw that much and they aren't long passes. The WR's are still unable to get open at times and drop too many passes. DJ had a back-shoulder pass this past game that bounced off both of his hands. He has to catch that ball.

At this point, being 6-3, they would have to implode to not make it. 500 the rest of the way and they are in. Their schedule isn't as easy as it has been made out to be. Of our remaining games, I am guessing we will be favored in 3 of the 8. Our division is the best in the NFL this year. I think they get in but I think they get spanked in their first game as they did the last 3 times they were in the playoffs. 20 points will not win many playoff games in this NFL.

P.S. They are by far the worst 6-3 team but that is what Tomlin teams do.
There are four teams that are 6-3 in the AFC. Two of them (Miami and Jax) are leading their division. The Steelers have already beaten the other (Cleve). So, that makes Cleveland the worst 6-3 team in the AFC. We can revisit whether or not they are the worst 7-3 team after they beat the Browns again next week. :):cool:

If they make the playoffs, then by my calculations yes, they would be a playoff team.
Don't doubt me.
I calculated this in less than a second.

findx.jpg

Last edited:
By the title yes. If the season ended today the Steelers would be in the playoffs.

Thing is there is still games to play, so the games will dictate if that still rings true by seasons end.

Now if the thought process is win a playoff game... anything is possible once you are in it, but if we are doubling down in Vegas I would need to see Kenny's accuracy improvement and playcalling improvement and secondary corner improvement to put my chip on black.....and gold.