• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Penn State OC Canned

Probably the only way Franklin keeps his job.

OC had nothing to do with the ridiculous 2 point conversion attempts. Someone had to go but Franklin has too much $ left on his contract. Lions will not turn any corner until he is shown the door.

I forget who, but I saw someone compare Penn State to Georgia and Nebraska. Both were programs who thought they maxed out with their coach and made a move. One program elevated, the other is a mess.

OC had nothing to do with the ridiculous 2 point conversion attempts. Someone had to go but Franklin has too much $ left on his contract. Lions will not turn any corner until he is shown the door.

The 2 point decisions were dumb but the playcalls were awful. With the season on the line, Yurcich decided to go with that trick play with all the OL lined up to one side then Allar on the other. Fitting last play of Yurcich's penn state career.

Franklin has his faults but you can't dismiss how much he has built up the program. The recruiting machine he's built is impressive and it too years to finally get the roster up close to Ohio State and Michigan in terms of talent and depth.

His seat is warm now but they'll give him another shot with a new OC.

Replacing a coach is risky in the transfer portal era. You could lose a bunch of player. Franklin would almost certainly get another big job. Texas A&M just fired Jimbo Fisher. I bet they'd take Franklin now if they could.

Hopefully they can keep Manny DIaz another year at DC and the new OC can develop Allar. New OC and maybe a good transfer WR and this offense can be really good next year.

If Franklin does get fired, next PSU coach will be Matt Ruhle. Former Penn State walkon, from State College, NFL experience, plus multiple successful college jobs. Currently doing a great job at Nebraska possibly getting that talent depleted team to a bowl.

Trade them both to Penn State!
For what?
How about Canada and our cheerleader for their entire squad?

SS1-27-1740x1160.jpg