• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Presser thread

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
When Ben, Canada, Tomlin, Cobert, whomever has a presser, Post the link here.

This should be interesting.

Don't see any reason for Ben to be there, but an appearance by Deuce would sure be nice.

Ben's there to beat the **** out of O'Canada, if he happens to show up.!!!

Salute the nation

Ben's there to beat the **** out of O'Canada, if he happens to show up.!!!

Salute the nation
Canada won't be there he is off visiting the crayon factory. He heard a rumor that a new color is being developed.

Yum

Don't see any reason for Ben to be there, but an appearance by Deuce would sure be nice.
He would be there if he was part of the inseason fix the offense team.

Last edited:
Tomlin is so full of crap in everything he says. How can anyone even listen to the press conferences anymore.

I’m sorry I don’t buy what Tomlin is selling. The team has not fired a coach in season it’s reported since 1941 and you think Art would allow Tomlin to make this move? No way Jose! It was reported that the usual jovial Art II was visibly upset Sunday in Cleveland after the loss to rookie 5th round QB so to me the handwriting was on the wall.
I think it was Art II decision and strictly his decision. Tomlin has an enormous ego and no way he’s going to say it was Art II decision. Saying it was his alone decision. Sorry, that dog don’t hunt! I think it strictly the owner’s decision.

So i have a theory now…

Based on several things… first off, we knew from before he was even hired that Matt Canada was a ****** communicator… tomlin mentioned communication a dozen times in that presser..

Over on the PG chat about him getting fired, someone at tge game said that off camera Tomlin was screaming at Canada because while his struggling o was on the sidelines trying to figure stuff out… he was off sitting on a bench alone…

I think he was just never explaining anything to anyone…just telling them to run things tge way he told them to just because he said so…not only does that not develop guys… it doesn’t let them understand what you are trying to accomplish with the scheme and thus makes everyone adjust individually to what they think is supposed to happen… plays break down and we weren’t able to adapt because he was a ****** communicator… the players got fed up because they are trying to put in the work and this it all came to a head this week

Tomlin trying to spin it into him being into control. Art 2 said something to Tomlin about something is going to change and for the sake of proxy…. You are going to fire your friend And claim it, good strategy.

It’s a smart move as it will take back some of the disturbance in the locker room.

Salute the nation

Tomlin trying to spin it into him being into control. Art 2 said something to Tomlin about something is going to change and for the sake of proxy…. You are going to fire your friend And claim it, good strategy.

It’s a smart move as it will take back some of the disturbance in the locker room.

Salute the nation

I figured it would get spun like this. Even if it was AR2 telling MT to fire Canada its not a good look on the HC with the owner making personnel decisions below him.

On a side note we are "urinating on fires" now........ :ROFLMAO:

Whos decision was it?

"Leader ship is lonely, I dont run from it, i run to it. The decision was mine and mine alone."
Yes, but one of the local sports guys reported that it was Ol' man Rooney that did the firing. This alternate explanation will now persist for 30+ years like: Cowher is having an affair with Kordell's sister that's why he's still QB...or Cowher wanted a lineman instead of Ben...or what about everyone's favorite O'Donnell was paid to throw SB 30...LOL.

I figured it would get spun like this. Even if it was AR2 telling MT to fire Canada its not a good look on the HC with the owner making personnel decisions below him.

On a side note we are "urinating on fires" now........ :ROFLMAO:
And have you pondered what the fallout is if this comes out? If this was the case only Art and Mikey would know about it. There would be no "team sources" for the local sports guy...it's a fabricated story. Mikey was on the verge of losing the locker room and he KNEW IT. His precious "no losing seasons" hallmark was in danger...the standard is the substandard and Mikey will do everything he can to preserve it. Bank on it.

And have you pondered what the fallout is if this comes out? If this was the case only Art and Mikey would know about it. There would be no "team sources" for the local sports guy...it's a fabricated story. Mikey was on the verge of losing the locker room and he KNEW IT. His precious "no losing seasons" hallmark was in danger...the standard is the substandard and Mikey will do everything he can to preserve it. Bank on it.

NOT a chance in hell Tomlin did this on his own. Art Deuce had a meeting with Coach Tomlin and one way or the other, they came up with this.

Salute the nation

What a bunch of typical Tomlin BS. All that talk of the Bungals and the last game give us all a break. Nothing changes, that is what is wrong with this team perfect chance to make a stance and he respectfully gives his talk. He was quite short on too many answers own up Mike you made a mistake with Canada say it in your own way. His crap of I don't blink I don't run away are you kidding.

What a bunch of typical Tomlin BS. All that talk of the Bungals and the last game give us all a break. Nothing changes, that is what is wrong with this team perfect chance to make a stance and he respectfully gives his talk. He was quite short on too many answers own up Mike you made a mistake with Canada say it in your own way. His crap of I don't blink I don't run away are you kidding.
I still think it is him behind the mediocrity, but I have tunnel vision right now and want to see what step 1 change brings.

I know my wait and sees annoys some but for now I think we have no choice to see how it unfolds. There will be plenty of time for finger pointing if the ship continues to sink...