• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Season Opener ........ KC vs Detroit game thread

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Well 2023 season begins tonight ..

Hope it is a competitive game

Looking forward to Sunday and a good test for our revamped team against a strong opponent in SF

Omar has done a good job in a short period of time to create some balance on this team .....
excited to see KP progress ......... an ILB mentality from years gone by .......... and a return game that gives us some big plays

STOKED

Agree ......... they will be a much improved team and their record will finally reflect that at the end of the year
Lions in NFC & our beloved Steelers in AFC will both be surprise division winners this season.

Hopefully that prediction is better than my "take TCU and lay the points" take last week....

2 teams enter
1 team leaves with knee caps

Guarantee yaz Mahomes won’t be nearly as touched as he should be……… NFL new darling.

Salute the nation

Lions in NFC & our beloved Steelers in AFC will both be surprise division winners this season.

Hopefully that prediction is better than my "take TCU and lay the points" take last week....

You’ll get the STEELERS part right, probably the Lions as well.

Salute the nation

Interested to see how good the Lions really are. I remember a lot of "experts" giving them praise for their finish, but they played a pretty soft 2nd half schedule last year. They beat the Bears twice, the Packers twice, were smoked by a very bad Panthers team, and the only impressive win was against the Jags.

Dont sleep on the Lions this season..

Big surprise tonite..
lions are my 2nd favorite team. my family moved to MI when I was ten, there was no Sunday ticket back then so we watched the lions and got the steelers score. Man I remember getting to watch the steelers when they were on tv, it was like a holiday atmosphere at our house. Man my dad loved the steelers more than he loved my mom lol. I really miss him this time of year.

Kelce not expected to play. If you are leaning Lions, you should probably bet now before that becomes official and the line moves. Also without DT Chris Jones who is holding out. That's 2 of their 3 best players Out. Hard to win like that.

Watching the pregame on NFL Network. Colleen Wolf is smoking hot.

The Lions are the NFC's version of the Steelers, except with a very exciting offense last year. They just missed out on the playoffs and are expected to make a run this year. They'll get Williams back from suspension later in the year, but boosted the offense with Gibbs and LaPorta and also grabbed two of the most pro ready defenders in Campbell and Branch. Along with Branch, Sutton and Garner-Johnson were signed really transforming that secondary.

With kelce and Jones out, everything points to Detroit. But KC has Mahomes and Det has Jared Goff. It really could be that simple.

KC also may get more production from Kadarius Toney and Skyy Moore who were both new last year.

Collinsworth looks like death warmed over.

KCs WRs arent the best.... Kinda like when NE and GB expected Brady and Rogers to do it all