• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Shaziers #

it is going to be 56, they initially gave him 50 but I believe he wants 56

I saw it the other way around. He was going to take 56 but ended up with 50.

it is going to be 56, they initially gave him 50 but I believe he wants 56
It's the other way around, started with 56, ended up with 50.

50 Shazier, Ryan LB 6-1 237 21 R Ohio State

TDX27 beat me to it...

Good numbers, correct, hope they live up to them!!!! BONUS

Salute the nation

He's officially the five-0.

So if I'm Nick Williams right now, I'm starting to get nervous. I spend a year on IR nursing a leg injury, looking forward to camp and showing what I can do. With a quick no-can-do, they swipe my #91 jersey, one I've worn & cherished since I got drafted last year. ******* flat out take it, and give it to god damn Tuitt, second round big-shot DE. Oh well, such is life. So what number do I get? #67, same number as rookie lineman Wesley Johnson, utility guy more than likely to make the team. So if I'm Nick Williams, I'm thinking the Steelers are playing jedi-mind tricks, getting nice & ready to cut my *** right off the team. :)

So if I'm Nick Williams right now, I'm starting to get nervous. I spend a year on IR nursing a leg injury, looking forward to camp and showing what I can do. With a quick no-can-do, they swipe my #91 jersey, one I've worn & cherished since I got drafted last year. ******* flat out take it, and give it to god damn Tuitt, second round big-shot DE. Oh well, such is life. So what number do I get? #67, same number as rookie lineman Wesley Johnson, utility guy more than likely to make the team. So if I'm Nick Williams, I'm thinking the Steelers are playing jedi-mind tricks, getting nice & ready to cut my *** right off the team. :)

Nick was a project but I had hope for him because of his size and speed. But now they have another project that is bigger. Do you think they will keep 2 projects one at end and one at nose? Might be interesting to see how things shake out this year. Maybe Nick has not recovered well enough to play and it might be the end of the line for him.

Couple of tidbits now that jersey #'s have been passed out.

FA signings
25 McCain, Brice CB
23 Mitchell, Mike FS
55 Moats, Arthur OLB
16 Moore, Lance WR
96 Thomas, Cam DT
9 Wing, Brad P
4 Podlesh, Adam P

# changes
33 Alexander, Alvester RB
89 Spaeth, Matt TE
67 Williams, Nick DE

Last edited:
Nick was a project but I had hope for him because of his size and speed. But now they have another project that is bigger. Do you think they will keep 2 projects one at end and one at nose? Might be interesting to see how things shake out this year. Maybe Nick has not recovered well enough to play and it might be the end of the line for him.
You can add Josh Mauro to the list, along with Arnsted, and Cam Thomas of course, who can play DT/DE. Lord knows how d-line depth is gonna pan out behind Heyward. McLendon & Tuitt. Should make for an exciting camp, that's for sure.