• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So here we are again...

f150ken

Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon to all the die-hard steelers fans hope the new year finds you and your family well. So here we sit, yet again, on the first week in January with a slightly better than .500 record with a possibility of sneaking in the playoffs and having no real chance to win a super-bowl. Is this what steeler football has become ? I do not post statements often as I have long since stopped worrying about how the steelers perform weekly (as I know, what to expect with the current leadership) but I have to ask when as a fan base are we going stop tolerating mediocre football ? Last year everyone seemed to get caught in the late season surge to get over .500 ( I at that time also posted a lengthy message basically telling everyone, they should really get some perspective and realize under this head coach that is the best you are ever going to see) and here we are again ? wasting the career of probably one of the best defensive players ever ( yes I said "ever") to play in pittsburgh because we have a head coach who is mediocre ( yes, contrary to recent belief, finishing around .500 is mediocre to us old school steeler fans) and does not hold anyone accountable ( to include himself) while being the "leader" of what used to be a proud respectable franchise. It is sad where the steelers sit when it comes to the hierarchy of the nfl these days ( I mean its so bad that the team on the other side of the state dont even take us serious anymore, for you long time steeler fans, let that one sink in, even " eagle" fans mock the steelers these days) ? This current coaching staff hasnt won a playoff game in 6 years, that alone should tell you something ? I am sure Mike Tomlin is a really nice guy who try's his best every day to get the job done, but the reality is hes not capable of leading this team to where long time steelers fans expect to be annually. So I implore all of you to speak up and voice your displeasure with the mediocre steelers and maybe, just maybe someone from the steelers front office will listen, and if not, we'll know we at least tried with good conscience to voice the true opinions of the old school fans. I hope 2024 is a strong and prosperous year for all Steelers fans and also brings the leadership change that has been so desperately needed in the Steelers organization to put this team back on the path to relevancy.

Good afternoon to all the die-hard steelers fans hope the new year finds you and your family well. So here we sit, yet again, on the first week in January with a slightly better than .500 record with a possibility of sneaking in the playoffs and having no real chance to win a super-bowl. Is this what steeler football has become ? I do not post statements often as I have long since stopped worrying about how the steelers perform weekly (as I know, what to expect with the current leadership) but I have to ask when as a fan base are we going stop tolerating mediocre football ? Last year everyone seemed to get caught in the late season surge to get over .500 ( I at that time also posted a lengthy message basically telling everyone, they should really get some perspective and realize under this head coach that is the best you are ever going to see) and here we are again ? wasting the career of probably one of the best defensive players ever ( yes I said "ever") to play in pittsburgh because we have a head coach who is mediocre ( yes, contrary to recent belief, finishing around .500 is mediocre to us old school steeler fans) and does not hold anyone accountable ( to include himself) while being the "leader" of what used to be a proud respectable franchise. It is sad where the steelers sit when it comes to the hierarchy of the nfl these days ( I mean its so bad that the team on the other side of the state dont even take us serious anymore, for you long time steeler fans, let that one sink in, even " eagle" fans mock the steelers these days) ? This current coaching staff hasnt won a playoff game in 6 years, that alone should tell you something ? I am sure Mike Tomlin is a really nice guy who try's his best every day to get the job done, but the reality is hes not capable of leading this team to where long time steelers fans expect to be annually. So I implore all of you to speak up and voice your displeasure with the mediocre steelers and maybe, just maybe someone from the steelers front office will listen, and if not, we'll know we at least tried with good conscience to voice the true opinions of the old school fans. I hope 2024 is a strong and prosperous year for all Steelers fans and also brings the leadership change that has been so desperately needed in the Steelers organization to put this team back on the path to relevancy.
Howdy ken..
You echo the words of many here…

BTW… they are mocking us in Cleveland also… let that one sink in ..

So here we sit, yet again, on the first week in January with a slightly better than .500 record with a possibility of sneaking in the playoffs and having no real chance to win a super-bowl. Is this what steeler football has become ?
Welcome aboard and it seems so. Read some of the older posts...you're not alone in your frustrations. Keeping the .500 alive and well pisses me off when we can beat superior teams and lose to the bad ones. Don't stress over it....

Howdy ken..

BTW… they are mocking us in Cleveland also… let that one sink in ..

You'd have to have pretty thin skin to worry about what a Stains/Skidmarks fan thinks.

Howdy ken..

BTW… they are mocking us in Cleveland also… let that15 one sink in ..
What they don't realize..or maybe do but don't care is that they are the Browns... and all they will have is the proverbial 15 minutes of fame. Fucco will flame out at some point soon and the consequences of Watson's guaranteed contract will screw them up for the next 10 years at least.

First of all no one cares about Cleve Land!
The Steelers organization is a model of consistency and now add on mediocrity into the mix.
The organization is pretty much what today’s society is all about. Inclusion, equity, woke, and certainty not about hiring the best for the positions available.
They don’t spend a lot on their coaching staff, having a relatively smaller staff than other teams, therefore the HC attracts mostly longtime retreads, acquaintances from his past experiences, bottom tier coaches, guys that wouldn’t be hired on any other teams staff outside of Brian Flores who should have been kept as our DC.
The organization pretty much gives Tomlin complete autonomy only stepping in when they absolutely have to. See firing Matt Canada, not renewing Bruce Arians, hiring Todd Haley.
These are all owner moves certainly not Tomlin’s.
They initiated the Rooney Rule which is a good rule allowing interviews for minority candidates and I think plays heavily in them not moving on from Tomlin.
That would be a bad look for the Rooney’s therefore look for a two year extension after the season.
Tomlin will get credit for turning things around rather than receive blame for putting the team in a bad position by most likely missing the playoffs once again.
Forgotten will be terrible home losses to two 2-10 football teams, totally unprepared against a mediocre Texans and Colts team, and getting beat by a horrible third string street QB in Cleveland. Those things will be cast aside and only that Tomlin rallied the team late.
In actuality it is Rudolph who Steeler Nation should be grateful to for turning things around.
Overlooked will be the fact Rudolph was completely shut out by Tomlin in favor of a terrible Trubisky in games against the Pats and Colts.
But hay, we should all feel fortunate we have the great Mike Tomlin as our HC. Teams would be lining up to hire him.
Some things just continue to stay the same.

The Steelers organization is a model of consistency and now add on mediocrity into the mix.
The organization is pretty much what today’s society is all about. Inclusion, equity, woke, and certainty not about hiring the best for the positions available.
They don’t spend a lot on their coaching staff, having a relatively smaller staff than other teams, therefore the HC attracts mostly longtime retreads, acquaintances from his past experiences, bottom tier coaches, guys that wouldn’t be hired on any other teams staff outside of Brian Flores who should have been kept as our DC.
The organization pretty much gives Tomlin complete autonomy only stepping in when they absolutely have to. See firing Matt Canada, not renewing Bruce Arians, hiring Todd Haley.
They initiated the Rooney Rule which is a good rule allowing interviews for minority candidates and I think plays heavily in them not moving on from Tomlin.
That would be a bad look for the Rooney’s therefore look for a two year extension after the season.
Tomlin will get credit for turning things around rather than receive blame for putting the team in a bad position by most likely missing the playoffs once again.
Forgotten will be terrible home losses to two 2-10 football teams, totally unprepared against a mediocre Texans and Colts team, and getting beat by a horrible third string street QB in Cleveland. Those things will be cast aside and only that Tomlin rallied the team late.
In actuality it is Rudolph who Steeler Nation should be grateful to for turning things around.
Overlooked will be the fact Rudolph was completely shut out by Tomlin in favor of a terrible Trubisky in games against the Pats and Colts.
But hay, we should all feel fortunate we have the great Mike Tomlin as our HC. Teams would be lining up to hire him.
Good post....I think that pretty much sums it up. I hope 2024+ isn't more of the same.

Good post....I think that pretty much sums it up. I hope 2024+ isn't more of the same.

This story has repeated itself for awhile now. I have let it sink in that it will continue until a certain change is made.

So we hope for wins and expect little.

A barely winning season and slipping into the playoffs through the back door and losing the first game is our new Super Bowl.

As one of the hosts on 93.7 said last week, that “no losing seasons” has become a punchline.

The casuals will always show up. It's hopeless...we just have to wait till Mikey reaches the last page of his thesaurus and leaves.
Unfortunately that is a sad but true comment, he has prolonged his career by 5 years because he read a few books.

Ken who were you last year?
Honestly, I dont remember, just remember going on the website and going on a rant telling the steelers fans to get there head out of there A-- and stop being happy about finishing a game over .500, its just sad to see.

Mike Tomlin (despite his personal thoughts) is not a great coach. Maybe some day he will be when he surround's himself with people who are smarter than him ( because thats what leaders do), but for now, he does not fit in to that categorie.

The only thing that will get Rooney’s eye is empty seats and lots of them at Acrisure.
And the waiting list for season tickets says he can continue to run the place like a for profit charity as long as he wants with absolutely zero threat to his bottom line

Cue Tomlin extension in 3,2,1
Ya can’t let that mediocrity just walk away

A barely winning season and slipping into the playoffs through the back door and losing the first game is our new Super Bowl.

As one of the hosts on 93.7 said last week, that “no losing seasons” has become a punchline.
Unless you're Rich Eisen, then it's amazing and we're idiot for even suggesting a new HC.

Unless you're Rich Eisen, then it's amazing and we're idiot for even suggesting a new HC.

Well, I guess I’m a big IDIOT, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Salute the nation