• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So he's gay...does anyone care?

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score

RAIDERS’ CARL NASSIB BECOMES FIRST ACTIVE NFL PLAYER TO COME OUT AS GAY​

by ANTHONY FARRIS6 minutes agoupdated 4 minutes ago

Las Vegas Raiders defensive end Carl Nassib took to Instagram Monday to announce he is gay. Nassib becomes the first openly gay active player in NFL history. Former University of Missouri star Michael Sam, who was drafted by the Rams in 2014, was the first openly gay player to be drafted, but he never appeared in a game.

In his Instagram video, Nassib said the following: “What’s up people? I’m at my house in West Chester, Pennsylvania. I just wanted to take a quick moment to say that I’m gay. I’ve been meaning to do this for a while now but finally feel comfortable getting it off my chest. I really have the best life, the best family, friends and job a guy can ask for.”

A former third-round pick out of Penn State, Nassib continued discussing his decision to come out and announced a large donation to a suicide-prevention service: “I’m a pretty private person so I hope you guys know that I’m not doing this for attention. I just think that representation and visibility are so important. I actually hope that one day, videos like this and the whole coming out process are not necessary, but until then I will do my best and my part to cultivate a culture that’s accepting and compassionate and I’m going to start by donating $100,000 to the Trevor Project. They’re an incredible organization, they’re the number one suicide-prevention service for LGBTQ youth in America.” Said Nassib.
The Raiders immediately took to twitter to support their defensive end.

Nassib is entering his sixth season in the NFL and second with the Raiders. He’s also played for Cleveland and Tampa Bay and has tallied 20.5 sacks.

Nope. Can he play football at the NFL level, that’s all that ,matters. But the nfl will make this a huge deal

who cares I think some classless younger players may say stuff on the field

who cares I think some classless younger players may say stuff on the field
Like gayder nation? Gayder raider
Jockstrap eye patch?

high school jokes

Queue the Sandusky jokes in three....two...one....

He is a Hell of a player and as a PSU fan, He's one of my all time favorite players. So what...he's gay. What he does behind his bedroom door is none of my damn business. Let your freak flag fly baby. Just don't expect me to agree with you that your lifestyle choices is normal or agreeable.

Players of "old school" past era(s) would care but todays players have probably known for quite some time and could hardly care less. I'm sure there are others but just not made public yet.

Salute the nation

Could care less. Can he make plays. I didn't like the deal with the other guy who kissed his significant other when drafted. He was an inferior player taken as a token. If you can play I don't care what you legally do in your spare time. Good luck to him.

Nobody cares.... its like saying you support the end of slavery,interracial relationships, or the womans vote, once a big deal.... now its just noise....

does he get his own shower and/or locker area? I kid, I kid. . .

I don't care and like it's been mentioned, his teammates don't care either. Can he play? That's all they care about.

I like how Nassib and Goodell both come out and say "hopefully in the future statements like this don't need to be made." They don't need to be made now!
Stop making nothing into something. No one cares.

It's the same reason a lot of people want politics out of sports. Most fans are tuning in for the game of football, not who the players are dating or who they vote for.

No one cares who he *****, as long as he can play between the lines. This is just the lefts way of trying to keep the conservatives hate gays argument alive.

There was a guy in my bowling league who was gay he quit because some would make comments to him. I'm sure Nassib will take some heat from some guys alot of players aren't known for their maturity.

There was a guy in my bowling league who was gay he quit because some would make comments to him. I'm sure Nassib will take some heat from some guys alot of players aren't known for their maturity.
All players, especially younger guys take heat for something. Think Shazier and Dobbs ever heard comments about their autoimmune disease? I'm sure they have their whole life. Same with players with red hair being "gingers." It should be no different for Nassib if he gets razzed a little bit about it. If he really wants to be treated "normal" then that comes with the territory IMO.

I'd like to refer everyone to Coolie's avatar.

As to the asshats on the field who may make it a big deal, they already talk **** about everything. Grow some thick skin if you're going to be out there knocking helmets and pummeling other people as hard as you can.

Could care less. Can he make plays. I didn't like the deal with the other guy who kissed his significant other when drafted. He was an inferior player taken as a token. If you can play I don't care what you legally do in your spare time. Good luck to him.
tenor.gif

does he get his own shower and/or locker area? I kid, I kid. . .

I don't care and like it's been mentioned, his teammates don't care either. Can he play? That's all they care about.
Don't drop the soap!

His teammates have been instructed to say the right thing in public, but behind closed doors, I can't imagine that they'd be very happy about Nassib's coming out party.

Isn't this kind of like a straight male being in the same locker room as all women or vice versa.

I always thought that's why male and females had separate lockers/bathrooms cause of attraction reasons?

He quit doing something he enjoyed doing because some asshats made comments to him? Not assaulted or threatened him, but made comments to him?

Someone is always going to give you grief for something in life. You know what you do to bullies? Be better than them, show them you take the nonsense with a grain of salt (even if you don't, insecure people just need the affirmation/attention), stand up to them - or worst case scenario and if it's absolutely necessary, learn to knock the ******* wind out of them. I understand with children it's quite different, but I'm assuming this was a grown adult?

Grow some thicker skin already. There are a lot of people in this world who are struggling to actually physically survive every day, so it's hard for me to feel sorry for someone who's "different" that got their feelings hurt who quit instead of standing up for themself.

When did you all become so progressive?

Not caring about someone's personal sexual preferences is being progressive?