• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So he's gay...does anyone care?

you can't joke about anything anymore and still have no problem with their decisions or life choices, but someone still will get their panties in a bunch because they are offended. It must be tough being a comedian in 2021.
What is it you'd like to say that you feel you can't in today's society?

Mathematical evidence?

There's nearly 1700 players on active NFL rosters. If 10% of the general population is homosexual (that number is generally accepted as an estimate), you're talking about 170 guys. If you don't believe that percentage is correct, or if you think that big bad football players are "straighter" than average, take a fourth of it, and it's still over 40 players.
First off, that number is not accurate. As of February 2021, 5.6% of the population said they identify as LGBT. That's the only real number that can be used.
You can't assume percentages when there is so base or fact to go off.

Second, 10% of the population does not then translate to mean that 10% of the NFL. The estimate would be a lot lower than 40 players.

Go listen to comedians 20 years ago compared to today. That'll give ya an idea.

do you think Andrew Dice Clay or George Carlin would be "woked" today? They would be cancelled faster than you can say "Little Miss Muffet".

do you think Andrew Dice Clay or George Carlin would be "woked" today? They would be cancelled faster than you can say "Little Miss Muffet".
BS. Listen to Jimmy Carr.

Yea, he's not funny, but to each their own. That gets me back to the topic at hand, to each their own.

Again, wrong forum, but please tell me you're kidding. The list is endless.
I give. This is about Nassib’s personal decision to come out of the closet? How is he, or anyone else, asking someone else to pay for that?

Mathematical evidence?

There's nearly 1700 players on active NFL rosters. If 10% of the general population is homosexual (that number is generally accepted as an estimate), you're talking about 170 guys. If you don't believe that percentage is correct, or if you think that big bad football players are "straighter" than average, take a fourth of it, and it's still over 40 players.
10% is not the accepted estimate. From Gallup: "A 2017 Gallup poll concluded that 4.5% of adult Americans identified as LGBT with 5.1% of women identifying as LGBT, compared with 3.9% of men.[1] A different survey in 2016, from the Williams Institute, estimated that 0.6% of U.S. adults identify as transgender.[2]

Studies from several nations, including the U.S., conducted at varying time periods, have produced a statistical range of 1.2[3] to 6.8[4] percent of the adult population identifying as LGBT."

At MOST, 6.8%, but more likely around 4%.

I give. This is about Nassib’s personal decision to come out of the closet? How is he, or anyone else, asking someone else to pay for that?
OK, play dumb, back to the original post. No one cares about the personal life of Nassib, or any entertainer for that matter, well other than those inquiring mind types. If they feel compelled to to tell the world about their sex life, political views, or business acumen then write a book and everyone can choose to read it or not, until then entertain. And my comments were directed to social issues in general and not specifically Nassib, after you chose to get off topic in post #40.

OK, play dumb, back to the original post. No one cares about the personal life of Nassib, or any entertainer for that matter, well other than those inquiring mind types. If they feel compelled to to tell the world about their sex life, political views, or business acumen then write a book and everyone can choose to read it or not, until then entertain. And my comments were directed to social issues in general and not specifically Nassib, after you chose to get off topic in post #40.
He posted it on his instagram for those who choose to follow him. You chose to enter this tread. Nothing was forced on you.

He posted it on his instagram for those who choose to follow him. You chose to enter this tread. Nothing was forced on you.
Actually I didn't post anything until Trog got off topic, but point taken, we all control our own destiny through the actions we take.

Off topic? Homophobia is the very reason people keep their homosexuality a secret. It’s cowardly for people to claim they don’t have a problem with Nassib’s sexuality when they repeatedly use homophobic insults. They obviously think it’s wrong and can be used to degrade people.

It’s cowardly for people to claim they don’t have a problem with Nassib’s sexuality when they repeatedly use homophobic insults. They obviously think it’s wrong and can be used to degrade people.

Who did that here? If you're talking about people saying "Tight End" or some other silly ****, you need to grow thicker skin.

And Coolie, there are quite a few people who care, apparently. JFC, you'd think he announced he was joining ISIS or something.

The damn world is way over sensitive to name calling. Grow a pair and get over it. In the trenches in the NFL I bet there are all kinds of slang gay talk along with your momma, your wife etc. Dude sucks dicks, who gives a ****, he isn't special because of this. He better hope he can tackle. If not he is gone, no matter what he does in the bedroom.

Who did that here? If you're talking about people saying "Tight End" or some other silly ****, you need to grow thicker skin.

And Coolie, there are quite a few people who care, apparently. JFC, you'd think he announced he was joining ISIS or something.
Exactly, they (you) didn’t do it HERE. Why not?

Huh? Please elaborate because I have zero clue what you're rambling on about.
You know exactly what I’m talking about, coward. You (and others) post homophobic jokes and insults on the politics and religion board, but not here, a post about a NFL player coming out. You’re suddenly cool with it. Why?

Off topic? Homophobia is the very reason people keep their homosexuality a secret. It’s cowardly for people to claim they don’t have a problem with Nassib’s sexuality when they repeatedly use homophobic insults. They obviously think it’s wrong and can be used to degrade people.
They? Just who is them?

You know exactly what I’m talking about, coward. You (and others) post homophobic jokes and insults on the politics and religion board, but not here, a post about a NFL player coming out. You’re suddenly cool with it. Why?

WTF are you talking about? Give me one single example where I made a homophobic joke (in a DM if you prefer), or right here, and I'll listen.