• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Swept By the Bungles: Tomlin’s Lack of Vision and Inability To Lead Is More Detrimental Than Ben’s Lack of Arm

SteelDude304

Registered
Reaction score
We are finally at the end of an era where even the blindest of fans can cite Tomlin never having a losing season, or the wild claims of him being a top 5 coach that other teams would kill for, as an excuse as to why we shouldn’t part with him. Without someone else to build his team, savvy coordinators to design a game plan, and a HOF QB able to throw 50 yard bombs, we have a “leader” at the helm that possesses the aptitude and ability of that of Hue Jackson.

We are now armed with enough knowledge to know that, even if the O-Line was fixed, even if Roethlisberger was given more control of the play-calling, and even if we weren’t plagued by injuries on defense, we would still have Tomlin choosing to punt on 4th and a centimeter when down by 10 points with 2 mins remaining. We would still have our “coach” going for 2 when it is completely unnecessary. That same leader would hire inept coordinators to ensure that he doesn’t expose his own inabilities any more that is already blatantly evident to most. The use of the challenge flag? Need I even say more?

It’s time for Rooney to step up or for Tomlin to simply step down. This is an embarrassment with no end in sight as long as Cool Daddy Shades is allowed to continue turning everything into **** that he touches. If we're being real, it's been this way since the beginning with him. It's just never been more obvious than it is right now.

The guy definitely has to go. He is stale, and to your point he has no vision nor ability to overcome and adapt.

Mike Tomlin just punted on the Steelers’ season, literally​

The Pittsburgh Steelers’ season may hang in the balance against the Cincinnati Bengals, and Mike Tomlin doesn’t seem to give a damn.

Facing a three-touchdown deficit in the second quarter against the division-rival Bengals, Tomlin opted to punt on a very reasonable fourth-and-1 after a Steelers third-down play came up just short.

Surely, with one yard potentially separating the Steelers from a rally, Tomlin would show some faith in his team in the trenches, no? Wrong again.

Pittsburgh faced a similar deficit to the Los Angeles Chargers last weekend entering the fourth quarter, but that doesn’t mean this Steelers offense — with an aging Ben Roethlisberger leading the way — can be relied upon to make up that sort of ground on a regular basis.

Steelers: Mike Tomlin gives up on team​

Tomlin’s clock management and game management have always been questionable at best, but surely he can’t be this bad at playing the odds.

The Steelers’ issues don’t end with a blowout at the hands of the Bengals. One look at the second half of Pittsburgh’s schedule shows a team that may once again be facing collapse. And this time, they didn’t start the year a shocking 11-0.

The Steelers’ usual stingy defense has been anything but that the last few weeks. T.J. Watt is back from injury, and Minkah Fitzpatrick is at full strength. So, what’s the deal? Other than coming up short once again, the Steelers look ill-prepared for a game Tomlin intentionally outlined as all-important during weekly press conferences.

An early-season four-game win streak gave way to a lackluster tie to the winless Lions, and then a loss in Los Angeles. Now, a blowout at the hands of Cincinnati threatens to put Pittsburgh in the AFC North cellar. And what’s next? How about matchups against the Ravens, Vikings, Chiefs, Titans, Browns and Baltimore again to close the year.

Yikes. Perhaps Tomlin is already preparing for the first early-round draft pick of his career.

Now he is sporting that ugly long beard to go with his shades and fat gut. Classy look

I’ve wanted MT gone for awhile now, but I am a fan.

Look, some teams have loaded roasters but yet have seen nowhere near our level of success. MT has been a top 5 coach period. Can we argue he should have accomplished more with this talent. Yes. Can we argue we have lost games we should have won and pin it on him, yes.

Has he made some substantial roaster moves ext etc etc. yes. But I still hold him in high regard BUT we should have parted ways a couple years ago.

Now is the time. With BB all but done and a influx of young talent (cough) on both sides, it’s time to start a new with a new slew of QBs to come.

Let’s find the next Chin, the next shades.

Several times when the camera panned to him during the game, he had the look of a man with no plan and someone that was being exposed as the incompetent that he is and always has been. Rooney owes it to the fanbase to stop the bleeding. The wound can't heal with Tomlin and his lack of leadership, lack of strategy, and lack of solutions.

Now he is sporting that ugly long beard to go with his shades and fat gut. Classy look

Okay, we're talking about his coaching abilities (or lack thereof), and you're going way beyond that. Maybe Coolie should just boot your *** since you "could care less".

Sucks to hear the truth. He doesn;t coach on the sideline but sure tries to look cool but fails, Nice scarf too. He is Cam Newton 2.0, both worthless pieces of ****.

By the way, I could care less if Colie likes my posts or blocks me was the point.

Without that "mirage" of the 11 game win streak, this team is a dismal 23-22-2, and anyone watching won't be surprised because they really do nothing well and everything badly these last 4 years. If MT gets the praise, he should also be getting heat for the **** show on parade every week anymore. It's time to start putting that heat on his shoulders.

We are finally at the end of an era where even the blindest of fans can cite Tomlin never having a losing season, or the wild claims of him being a top 5 coach that other teams would kill for, as an excuse as to why we shouldn’t part with him. Without someone else to build his team, savvy coordinators to design a game plan, and a HOF QB able to throw 50 yard bombs, we have a “leader” at the helm that possesses the aptitude and ability of that of Hue Jackson.

We are now armed with enough knowledge to know that, even if the O-Line was fixed, even if Roethlisberger was given more control of the play-calling, and even if we weren’t plagued by injuries on defense, we would still have Tomlin choosing to punt on 4th and a centimeter when down by 10 points with 2 mins remaining. We would still have our “coach” going for 2 when it is completely unnecessary. That same leader would hire inept coordinators to ensure that he doesn’t expose his own inabilities any more that is already blatantly evident to most. The use of the challenge flag? Need I even say more?

It’s time for Rooney to step up or for Tomlin to simply step down. This is an embarrassment with no end in sight as long as Cool Daddy Shades is allowed to continue turning everything into **** that he touches. If we're being real, it's been this way since the beginning with him. It's just never been more obvious than it is right now.
Yet another thread beating a dead horse. Tomlin isn't leaving until he wants to. Like it or not that is the way it is. Those that don't like it might as well find a new team because it ain't changing no matter how much people ***** about it.

We are now 6-10-1 since the 11-0 start. sad how far Tomlin has led this franchise down the hole.

We are now 6-10-1 since the 11-0 start. sad how far Tomlin has led this franchise down the hole.
Yep. This is the **** show that you get when you hire someone who was never worthy of the job to begin with and couple that with him being more interested in being one of the “boys” than an actual coach or mentor. Rooney owes it to the organization, the fans, and his family to purge the albatross this off-season.

Yep. This is the **** show that you get when you hire someone who was never worthy of the job to begin with and couple that with him being more interested in being one of the “boys” than an actual coach or mentor. Rooney owes it to the organization, the fans, and his family to purge the albatross this off-season.
But he won’t… because Rooney is a huge part of the problem.

But he won’t… because Rooney is a huge part of the problem.
Art II has become Bob Nutting Lite. As long as the money is rolling in (which is easier in the NFL than MLB) it's all good.

By the way, I could care less if Colie likes my posts or blocks me was the point.
If you could care less about being blocked that is more in line with you aren't here to talk football. That is what the rest of the fans are here to do. If you truly don't care I am sure your stay will be a short one. Otherwise try to talk football and worry less what a man's beard looks like.

Okay, we're talking about his coaching abilities (or lack thereof), and you're going way beyond that. Maybe Coolie should just boot your *** since you "could care less".
Bottom line is Tomlin's coaching has not been "The Standard " for a long long time.

I would love to see AR review game film with a Bill Parcels or Jimmy Johnson and have them give their real opinions on his coaching on a play by play basis.

This record is also an accurate reflection on how this team plays and is constructed.