• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Unconscious Bias Training at Work

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
So I have an all day mandatory training event next Wednesday on Unconscious Bias. I guess I could Google what the heck this is but thinking I would like to go in blind. My first thought is how am I supposed to address something supposedly generating from my unconscious thoughts? How is it even possible to believe it's real? Heck, can you charge me with thought crime that I'm biased due to unconscious thinking? This is 10th level stupid but I'll play....wondering if I would get in trouble if I question how this is even possible? Anyone else go thru this sort of training?

So I have an all day mandatory training event next Wednesday on Unconscious Bias. I guess I could Google what the heck this is but thinking I would like to go in blind. My first thought is how am I supposed to address something supposedly generating from my unconscious thoughts? How is it even possible to believe it's real? Heck, can you charge me with thought crime that I'm biased due to unconscious thinking? This is 10th level stupid but I'll play....wondering if I would get in trouble if I question how this is even possible? Anyone else go thru this sort of training?
yeah my company started this about a year ago. have fun. and just know that no matter what you have have unconscious bias. and we all racist even if we dont know it.

It all started when diversity training became mandatory and has simply snowballed since then. I don't know your ethnicity, the amount of, or lack of melanin in your skin, your sexual preference or religion, none of that should matter in how you go about your job. However, if you are a white, Christian male, this training will let you know that you, and you alone are the cause of all the problems in the world. While I can't speak for your company, I would guess that any questioning of the training would be met with self righteous indignation, and a notation in your personnel file. Sorry to be so pessimistic, but I would remain silent and get through with it, as your opinion would likely be met with resistance.

I'm a Federal Gov't employee....this sort of training "started" every time a Democrat takes office. Every single time a D takes the office, this sort of training goes center stage. I'm 37 years into my career and obviously not going to compromise my retirement over this silly new mandatory class but would love to stick a little dig into the trainer.

So….you’re racist?

yeah my company started this about a year ago. have fun. and just know that no matter what you have have unconscious bias. and we all racist even if we dont know it.
Society has evolved ever so lovely. Damn the democrats have really messed up this country

Unconsciously? I have no idea...
Sadly this type of ideology is in all companies to an extent now. I work for amazon. They are more vocal and in your face about it. I started in October. In november we kept getting reminded that amazon was observing transgender awareness during the month of november. Our amazon tranny and gay group go by the name glamazon

I almost got fired last year because I was so biased about unconscious bias. I am technically a minority but look white. I love the issue that causes with corporate America.
If you look for Unconscious bias I guarantee you will find it

If white people give the training, I would complain that the training is inherently biased and can do nothing but reinforce stereotypical racial bias since people who can't help but be white supremacists are providing the training.

No. Really.

let me sum it up. You are a piece of **** and you can't help it. All you can do is suppress all of your thoughts and ideas and do what you are told without question. You should also expect to watch others promoted ahead of you because you are lucky to even have a job. They are doing you a favor hiring a piece of **** like you.

I almost got fired last year because I was so biased about unconscious bias. I am technically a minority but look white. I love the issue that causes with corporate America.
I’m a minority but am considered by many a conservative. I consider myself a moderate. I’m all for people choosing their own outcome and being responsible for their outcomes.

I hate when liberals try to force their beliefs on you and the same can be said for the hardcore religious bible thumpers who are exactly like the liberals. Trying to force beliefs.

Just let me provide more family and I’ll enjoy what I enjoy. Too many people get nosey about others hobbies and all of a sudden “you shouldn’t do that” or “that’s not how I used to do it” - well yeah no ****! I’m assuming we have different upbringings. Fack. Lol

let me sum it up. You are a piece of **** and you can't help it. All you can do is suppress all of your thoughts and ideas and do what you are told without question. You should also expect to watch others promoted ahead of you because you are lucky to even have a job. They are doing you a favor hiring a piece of **** like you.
ED869D0B-B736-4280-9129-61A8F0A2E0BD.gif

Even though I am 100% Slovak? The word slave literally derived from my people (Google it folks)? Even though all my grandparents immigrated from Turkey after the fall of the Ottoman empire in 1917 where they were literally slaves moving to central PA to mine? I have a different view on on this bias but have no faith the folks briefing know true history.

Even though I am 100% Slovak? The word slave literally derived from my people (Google it folks)? Even though all my grandparents immigrated from Turkey after the fall of the Ottoman empire in 1917 where they were literally slaves moving to central PA to mine? I have a different view on on this bias but have no faith the folks briefing know true history.

Only a man with unconscious bias would post something like that.

Are you related to Vlad Tepes?
o_O

Reactions: wig
Perhaps he doesn't realize he posted it, or at least why he posted it.

the very fact he felt he was justified in posting it shows his unconscious bias and how much work he has to do.

I had to take one of these. They had a skit with a small team working on a project. The 3 of them threw out ideas. Free flowing discussion. Then after the skit, you were told that the one guy was a horrible person because he didn't stop and specifically ask the female for her opinion. She had every opportunity to speak but appareently that's not enough, they were supposed to stop and ask her every few minutes. Then they were jerks because they disagreed with the one thing she did offer. They were supposed to tell her it was a great idea and pass her idea along even if it's not a good idea.

I truly feel bad for anyone who has to sit through this ridiculous stuff. I know most if not for their job being on the line would stand up and say what a bunch of absurd horseshit this is.

This is such great moral team boosting stuff...lol..NOT. It's beyond insulting and now I would think the company is being run by a bunch of morons. In the case of federal government, it is being run by a bunch of morons.

For me personally, I probably couldn't keep my mouth shut or at the very least I'd walk right out.That would probably be my last day. I'd prepare my transition to something else before hand.

eb01a943956b061977fc9b6b617d7b1a1e6a0f239b5bc4ab7163f9477ff47105_1.jpg