• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Unconscious Bias Training at Work

I'm a Federal Gov't employee....this sort of training "started" every time a Democrat takes office. Every single time a D takes the office, this sort of training goes center stage. I'm 37 years into my career and obviously not going to compromise my retirement over this silly new mandatory class but would love to stick a little dig into the trainer.
Didn't you just love it when Clinton made us go to AIDs training?

let me sum it up. You are a piece of **** and you can't help it. All you can do is suppress all of your thoughts and ideas and do what you are told without question. You should also expect to watch others promoted ahead of you because you are lucky to even have a job. They are doing you a favor hiring a piece of **** like you.
There should be a pill for that

Tell them that you are consciously biased towards love, compassion and unity, and against fear, hate and division.

200.gif

We have to do that **** too. One thing I never understood was that if I have biases that I don't even know I have, how can someone else know that I have those biases? Crock of **** if you ask me.

We have to do that **** too. One thing I never understood was that if I have biases that I don't even know I have, how can someone else know that I have those biases? Crock of **** if you ask me.

200.gif

I'm going to submit this thread as my resume, showing I can RUN these seminars. Three steps:
  • Call every white person a racist.
  • Demand racists admit they're racists.
  • Tell white racist racists that if they indicate anything other than 5 stars or 100% or whatever on my seminar review, they have to take the seminar again.

Sounds like you need therapy to get those biases out in the open. They are wasted hidden from you and would be better if you acted on them.

WTF? I've read through the comments and I'm just so damn lucky I got to retire. The gist I take away from this is is that everyone gets a trophy and no feelings should be hurt at any time whatsoever.

Like tape said about the training skit: "They were supposed to tell her it was a great idea and pass her idea along even if it's not a good idea."

Seriously? My boss would've straight-up told me that's a stupid ******' idea and ask, what the hell are you thinking? Then we'd all laugh and move on. He was harder on himself than any of us. This new world is nuts.

WTF? I've read through the comments and I'm just so damn lucky I got to retire. The gist I take away from this is is that everyone gets a trophy and no feelings should be hurt at any time whatsoever.

Like tape said about the training skit: "They were supposed to tell her it was a great idea and pass her idea along even if it's not a good idea."

Seriously? My boss would've straight-up told me that's a stupid ******' idea and ask, what the hell are you thinking? Then we'd all laugh and move on. He was harder on himself than any of us. This new world is nuts.

then your boss would get fired for unconscious bias.

This Is part of the reason wokeness has spread. For years we kept hearing the phrase "don’t judge". As a result we have gone from dismissing dumb ideas to humoring them to now being ruled by them because to speak against them is now some kind of ist.

It’s ironic that this is purportedly anti racism and yet it is racist towards white people. Anti white racism is still just racism.

iu

Damn, my anti-bias equity people of color not white racism against racists because all racists are white and all whites are racist resume is REALLY coming together.

And sadly that ideology is spread through just about any facet of society.
The participation trophy is in the workplace, schools, consumer goods. Even media/entertainment isn’t immune to it. Look at the nfl and the social stuff behind it. The nba etc.

It is everywhere

Read thru all and still confused. I don't deny that there probably is unconscious bias but what can you really do about that? Just be a good person...that's all that needs to be said.

Oh! And blame @Djfan @Steelworth people.
Those damn californians

;)

Just tell them you are a bleeding heart liberal and today you identify as a dinosaur and they will celebrate you and most likely give you a promotion.

Reactions: MTC
Just tell them you are a bleeding heart liberal and today you identify as a dinosaur and they will celebrate you and most likely give you a promotion.
Well then, that would preclude you from having any unconscious bias. It's insane.

To everyone here in this thread

Grandma called and said for you guys to go home cause you’re ruining everybody’s lives and eating all her steak

I identify as the layer between time&space.Therefore I can not be biased, I simply exist.