• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What pro players from the colleges you follow do you expect to make the Pro football hall of fame?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
The talk about alliquipa guys in the hall got me thinking... Penn State is currently in a tie for tenth most with six. Pitt is tied in fourth place (with ohio state) with 10.
Looking through the ratings i dont see any more immediate recently retired guys for Penn state getting in since Bowman retired too early... but eventually Micah Parsons will likely be in if he stays on target... (hopefully Muuth and JPJ turn into beasts and add to that) its a damn shame Barkley got waylaid by injuries in his prime...

On the Pitt side, Larry Fitzgerald should get in next year, and Donald 5 years from now if he stays retired...
LeShawn McCoy is expected to get in eventually.. but I am guessing that will take a while..

After that everyone who might one day be in the mix is either too new, not quite great enough to be certain about, or transferred out and thus I really dont count, lol...

( that's another thing.. iirc the PFHOF counts players that played at multiple schools in both schools numbers... that means 20 years from now guys are gonna get put in the hall with three or four programs getting credit🤣)

Tom Brady.. Never would have thought that when he was at MI.

I don't know about hall of fame but I still stand by my statement that JJ McCarthy will end up being the best QB from this draft.

Tom Brady.. Never would have thought that when he was at MI.

I don't know about hall of fame but I still stand by my statement that JJ McCarthy will end up being the best QB from this draft.
Of course Brady and his 7 rings gets in. But your next statement is pretty ballsie. I never followed JJ enough to have a strong opinion, yea or nay on being the best QB of the last draft. That means better than Williams, Daniels, Maye and Penix? If you're right I will give you kudos for that call.

Of course Brady and his 7 rings gets in. But your next statement is pretty ballsie. I never followed JJ enough to have a strong opinion, yea or nay on being the best QB of the last draft. That means better than Williams, Daniels, Maye and Penix? If you're right I will give you kudos for that call.

Ballsie statements……………… Yep

Salute the nation

Like you Stated Mad, Michah has that trajectory. Saquon is poised to have a very big year with Philly and if he starts to live up to the hype, he could go as well. Joey Porter Jr was about as lock down as a CB can get and although it's way too early to tell, he has the opportunity to be great and even HoF if he plays his cards right.

LOTS of "if's" "ands" and "buts" though.

What about TJ WATT, does he have a chance at the HOF, judging by his career to date?

Would his college like that idea and would he go in as HIS college player instead of NFL due to the in-discrepancy he has been facing from the league?

Salute the nation

What about TJ WATT, does he have a chance at the HOF, judging by his career to date?

Would his college like that idea and would he go in as HIS college player instead of NFL due to the in-discrepancy he has been facing from the league?

Salute the nation
homer

Like you Stated Mad, Michah has that trajectory. Saquon is poised to have a very big year with Philly and if he starts to live up to the hype, he could go as well. Joey Porter Jr was about as lock down as a CB can get and although it's way too early to tell, he has the opportunity to be great and even HoF if he plays his cards right.

LOTS of "if's" "ands" and "buts" though.
I wasn't thrilled to hear JPJ mouthing off about how he was the best CB playing in the NFL. He practically "grew up" at Tomlin's house, is it surprising to hear such a mouth on him? It's what Shades produces.

I wasn't thrilled to hear JPJ mouthing off about how he was the best CB playing in the NFL. He practically "grew up" at Tomlin's house, is it surprising to hear such a mouth on him? It's what Shades produces.
you're why the aliens avoid us. you know that, right?

Who said the aliens are avoiding us? Congress met to detail how "unavoiding" they've been of us. Seems like they are making connections all over the place, according to our govt.

On the Pitt side, Larry Fitzgerald should get in next year, and Donald 5 years from now if he stays retired...
LeShawn McCoy is expected to get in eventually.. but I am guessing that will take a while..
Fitzgerald and Donald are locks. Both are true Hall of Famers and arguably top-5 ever at their respective positions.

McCoy doesn't have the same accolades as the previous two, but his numbers are good enough to make it with a wait. He was on the All-Decade team, which indicates the greatest of a player relative to his peers at the time.

Vets
Harrison Smith
Zack MArtin
Quenton Nelson
Young bucks
Michael Mayer
Kyle Hamilton
Joe Alt

Fitzgerald and Donald are locks. Both are true Hall of Famers and arguably top-5 ever at their respective positions.

McCoy doesn't have the same accolades as the previous two, but his numbers are good enough to make it with a wait. He was on the All-Decade team, which indicates the greatest of a player relative to his peers at the time.
When you look at recently retired runningback metrics for HOF selection ....AP is a lock... then McCoy and Gore are likely selections... though Gore will probably wait longer than the other two because he is basicall the Art monk of RBs lol

That is some funny sheeeeeeee-ite...............

Thanks for the great sense of humor and post(s) along the way.

Salute the nation

The talk about alliquipa guys in the hall got me thinking... Penn State is currently in a tie for tenth most with six. Pitt is tied in fourth place (with ohio state) with 10.
Looking through the ratings i dont see any more immediate recently retired guys for Penn state getting in since Bowman retired too early... but eventually Micah Parsons will likely be in if he stays on target... (hopefully Muuth and JPJ turn into beasts and add to that) its a damn shame Barkley got waylaid by injuries in his prime...
If you are asking for us to name "college players" who we think will make the HOF, that is A LOT to ask. Even to ask for current pro players we think will make the Hall is no easy task. I currently don't know any college players who I would tab for the Hall right now. It not only takes supreme pro performance but it usually takes a lot of endurance as well, few players get in without lots of successful years: Terrell Davis an exception.

If you are asking for us to name "college players" who we think will make the HOF, that is A LOT to ask. Even to ask for current pro players we think will make the Hall is no easy task. I currently don't know any college players who I would tab for the Hall right now. It not only takes supreme pro performance but it usually takes a lot of endurance as well, few players get in without lots of successful years: Terrell Davis an exception.
Nope I just meant already in the NFL guys or retired guys not in the hall yet) who were from the college or colleges you follow

he clearly asks, "what pro players from colleges you follow"

and you wonder why people question your reading comprehension

he clearly asks, "what pro players from colleges you follow"

and you wonder why people question your reading comprehension
Hey he is trying! I would high five him if I could

Yeah...his father probably had nothing to do with it.

Warren Sapp is one of those short career guys in the HOF, when in reality our one and own LC should be in way before the ppaper champion who let Jerome Bettis push his Azz around durring warm ups…….

Salute the nation