• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 4

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Week 4 College Football

Central Michigan at 14 Penn State 12:00 BTN PSU -28
Penn State has been slowly building up talent for years and it seems they may be on the verge of breaking out. It's not that they beat Auburn. It's the way they did it, by completely dominating all phases. Franklin gets criticized even by PSU fans but he has put together one hell of a coaching staff.

OC Mike Yurcich has been slowly growing the offense. The OL has been bad for a few years and Yurcich has done everything possible to help. This year they've usd 3 TE sets, they've even used 6 OL sets. In other words, he's competenet, unlike Matt Canada

Manny Diaz didn't work out as a head coach at Miami but he's a great DC. He was a big get for Franklin. His scheme is very aggressive with coverage and pressure. Penn State's secondary is very good. Transfer DE Chop Robinson is starting to become a factor. So is true Freshman LB Abdul Carter who dared to wear the #11 of Lavar Arrington and Micah Parsons. He's already showing signs of being that type of player.

As for Central Michigan, Penn State should pound them. The ground game is kicking into high gear as the OL develops and freshmen stud RBs Nick Singletory and Kaytron Allen are making big plays.

Maryland @ 4 Michigan 12:00 FOX Mich -17
Michigan has been impressive so far but this is the first team with a pulse that Michigan will play after a super easy non conference schedule of Colorado St, Hawaii and UConn. I don't think Maryland has enough to win but MIchigan should at least have to break a sweat

5 Clemson at 21 Wake Forest 12:00 ABC Clem -7
something has been off for Clemson ever since Trevor Lawrence left. They are still stocked with talent but have underperformed. Now long time DC Brent Venables left for Oklahoma. Will the defense fall off? The ACC needs Clemson to win this. They have a few ranked teams but none look great. None have playoff talent except Clemson. The ACC probably gets left out of the playoff if Clemson loses this one.

17 Baylor at Iowa State 12:00 ESPN2 Iowa St -2.5
If an unranked team is actually favored is it an upset? Iowa State is 3-0 after winning the cy-hawk trophy in a 10-7 barnburner vs Iowa. ISU plays tough but never gets respect. They could start to get some if they win this one.

20 Florida at 11 Tennessee 3:30 CBS Tenn -10.5
This should be the game of the day. Tennessee has been trying to get back to prominence and it could start here. Florida has alwways stood in their way. Florida has 16 of the last 17 between them. Even Peyton Manning lost to Florida, going 0-4. Florida isn't exactly explosive. Florida has 0 TD passes this season. One thing Florida has going is that they played 2 tough games vs Utah and Kentucky. Tenn played Pitt but Pitt's QB was injured. Florida is down for a death match. Is Tenn?

10 Arkansas at 23 Texas A&M 7:00 ESPN TAM -2
Technically a neutral site game at Cowboys Stadium. Neither team is exciting offensively. I watched a lot of the TAM vs Miami game last week and what a suck fest. Jimbo Fisher was supposed to be an offensive guru but it's never materialized. As Saban pointed out (laughably) TAM spent a lot of NIL money to bring in talent. Fisher's seat may start to get warm if they lose this one.

Wisconsin at 3 Ohio State 7:30 ABC OSU-19.5
OSU started with what seemed like a win vs a tough Notre Dame in week 1 but that win isn't looking so great now. Still, Notre Dame is decent so at least OSU has 1 real game under their belt. Some people might be thinking that Wisky can hang in there like ND and maybe win it in the 4th quarter. I don't think so. Ohio State's offense is more in sync and I don't believe in the Wisky offense. They made a lot of mistakes in a loss to Wash State.

Last edited:
Arrington and Parsons wore #11, not #1.

Maryland is looking pretty good against Michigan.

Kent State has produced Jack Lambert and James Harrison + they are currently partnered with the Pittsburgh Penguins. That’s a lot of influence.

That said Go Dawgs

Michigan is in a fight and Maryland has actually looked better to me.

Kordell Stewart cited for how to throw the deep ball with accuracy during the Michigan game.

Steelers sucking like they’ve never sucked before killing the college game day chatter?

Clemson pulls out an OT win over Wake Forest. Batted down pass on fourth and sixth to seal it.

Respect to Kent State. They came in and said **** UGA’s status and history.

Wish a lot more small schools carried that mentality

And what are you drinking?
I've got a full bar today. Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey, Tito's, Barcardi White Rum, Hypnotiq, Michelob Ultras and Signature Press seltzers...

Need all of it after Thursday night's **** show...

Richardson needs to work on his accuracy...that's two wide open receivers he's missed. One was for a TD...

I've got a full bar today. Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey, Tito's, Barcardi White Rum, Hypnotiq, Michelob Ultras and Signature Press seltzers...

Need all of it after Thursday night's **** show...
I have Don Roberto 1924 Reposado.
Bell's Oxtoberfest.
11 bottles of wine.