• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 9

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
College Football Week 9

It's almost time for the official playoff rankings to start. The weekly TV show when they seem to arbitrarily move teams up and down to build drama. They say talks are heating up again about expanding the playoffs. I'm rooting for Clemson and TCU to stay undefeated. If the SEC doesn't get 2 playoff teams this year it will probably speed up the process.

2 Ohio State at 13 Penn State 12:00 FOX OSU -15.5
Penn State's offense looked good vs Minnesota. Their OC actually adjusted his gameplan to use TEs and attack the middle. Imagine that, adjusting a gameplan to attack a team's weakness. What a concept.

Penn State's OL seemed improved but now they have some injuries so the OL is back to Iffy. Clifford had a great game vs Minnesota and the WRs stepped up with some big plays. PSU had been really trying to develop their run game most of the year but vs Minnesota they got more aggressive passing. They'll have to score a bunch of points to keep up with OSU

Ohio State's offense is great, so many weapons. Penn State's defense matches up much better vs OSU than Michigan. That's why PSU almost always plays close with OSU.

Key matchup could be CB Joey Porter Jr vs WR Marvin Harrison Jr.

The big question is Ohio State's defense. They have not played a single offense that's even halfway decent. Penn State's offense isn't great but they are far better than any OSU has faced and are the first team that has some actual athletes that can make plays.

For Ohio State, this is likely their last hurdle before the matchup with Michigan.

For Penn State to have a shot, they need to force some turnovers and they have to make some chunk plays vs an OSU defense that hsn't really been tested yet. I'm just hoping they can play a close game then finsih the rest of the season strong.

Notre Dame at 16 Syracuse 12:00 ABC Syr -2.5

It seems like ND might have gotten back on track but then they lost at home to an awful Stanford team that had lost 11 straight games vs FBS teams. ND got right vs UNLV last week but now they face a really good Syracuse team. If ND drops this one, they could be looking at a disastrous 6-6 season. Could coach Marcus Freeman be 1 and done?

Florida at 1 Georiga 3:30 CBS UGA -22.5
world's largest outdoor cocktail party. Georgia should roll them but if they look ahead to Tenn next week and play another sloppy game like they did vs Kentuck and Missouri, they could be in some trouble vs an up and down Florida team that does have some talent.

9 Oklahoma State at 22 Kansas State 3:30 FOX KSU -1.5
both teams coming off tough games. Ok State with the big win vs Texas and KState a tough loss vs TCU. So each of them lost to TCU this year.

17 Illinois at Nebraska 3:30 ABC IL -7.5
Nebraska a 7 point dog at home to Illinois. That says it all for Nebraska. Illinois has just 1 loss, a 3 point week 2 loss to Indiana. They are in 1st place in the B10 West and they look to be on track to play in the B10 Champ game.

19 Kentucky at 3 Tennessee 7:00 ESPN Tenn -12
This is the first time in this matchup that both of these teams have rabked since 1951. Tenn has Georgia next week. They better not look ahead. Kentucky is pretty tough but I don't think they can score enough to stay in this game. Can Hendon Hooker keep climbing in the Heisman race? Kentucky will try to slow the game and run the ball. Tenn better not get frustrated and try to force the action.

Michigan State at 4 Michigan 7:30 ABC Mich -22.5
Michigan State sucks. I'll be surprised if this isn't a blowout. Did Jim Harbaugh poison the water supply of Flint Michigan?

15 Ole Miss at Texas A&M 7:30 SECN Miss -1.5
the wheels are coming off the A&M program. They had a top recruiting class but they aren't ready to carry the load. Will Jimbo get another year to develop them? There must be added pressure on TAM with Texas joining the SEC. They thought they finally had a place of their own and then Texas comes walking in again. Boosters may be getting antsy.

Pitt at 21 North Carolina 8:00 ACCN UNC -3
if UNC wins, they will pretty much have the ACC coastal sewn up. If Pitt wins, they are still alive in the division race.

I hate to say it, but I think Penn State is going to get embarrassed. Ohio State may not win many national titles, but they own the Big 10.

Franklin has never beaten a top-10 team and his streak isn't going to end anytime soon. OSU should win this easily even in Happy Valley.

I can't watch the OSU - PSU game. I'm just hoping it isn't a bloodbath.

Franklin has never beaten a top-10 team and his streak isn't going to end anytime soon. OSU should win this easily even in Happy Valley.
Who was coach the last time PSU beat a top 10 team? I thought it happened over OSU at least once when they were ranked high.

Penn State beat Ohio State in 2016 in Happy Valley, and Ohio State was ranked #2 at the time. I believe Penn State was unranked at the time.

I don’t understand this supposed black mark on Franklin not beating top 10 teams often enough. Most of that stat is losses to Ohio State and most of those losses have been close. Franklin has been better than Harbaugh vs OSU thus far. Ohio State has been elite for over a decade. How many of these games has Penn State been favored?

Penn State beat Ohio State in 2016 in Happy Valley, and Ohio State was ranked #2 at the time. I believe Penn State was unranked at the time.
I guess that was actually Franklin. I thought it was O'Brien. Franklin is 0-10 since that win against top 10's. Sounds just like Tomlin. Their terrible play calling and clock management also resemble each other.

I checked that and Franklin was the coach so where does the 0 - 10 come from? He is at least 1 - 10.

Hoping for an upset. Tired of losing to Ohio St.
This game should have been on later in the day.

I cannot believe Clifford is the better option at QB for this team.

Two straight passes short of the first down marker…second pic.

At this point I go with Allar and don’t look back. Clifford isn’t getting this team over the hump.

I mean, I have no illusions that Penn State is going to win this game, but you can’t have your 6th year senior starting QB shooting your offense in the foot.

Penn State can’t afford to turn the ball over, nor can they afford to have their offense look like the Steelers offense.

Penn State can’t afford to turn the ball over, nor can they afford to have their offense look like the Steelers offense.

I don't know who I will be happier to see gone, Tomlin, or Clifford....

He wins you some games then turns right around and loses one.

Then stands there and try's to make it look like the receivers fault.

Penn State right back in it after a ****** start.

I don't know who I will be happier to see gone, Tomlin, or Clifford....

He wins you some games then turns right around and loses one.

Then stands there and try's to make it look like the receivers fault.

Tomlin has been around much longer and is under contract. All college players have a short shelf life.

So take the Tomlin road..haha.

OK that makes up for the INT lol.

After watching the first half so far I don't think OSU is as good as everyone thinks....