• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 9

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
College Football Week 9

Has any team had a more perfectly timed Bye than Michigan this week? They get to duck questions about them cheating for at least a week. By that time, head cheater Jim Harbaugh will probably have his team thinking they're victims of a great injustice.

Indiana at 10 Penn State 12:00 CBS PSU-32

At least nobody can accuse James franklin of cheating in big games. The defense was great vs Ohio State despite losing top pass rusher Chop Robinson for much of the game. The offense was a cluster.

Allar has not been as good on the road and the wheels came off vs OSU. Penn State G JB Nelson practiced last week but did not play. That hurt the run game. Although it's hard to say that completely since they abandoned the run. Penn State's staple in short yardage was their jumbo T formation. They inexplicably didn't even attempt that once.

In theory, Penn State can still win the BIG and go to the playoffs but that would require beating Michigan and their spycraft. If they have any shot at that, they need to open up this offense.

I'm kind of hoping Allar throws an INT this week. He's yet to throw one. He's making good decisions but needs to take a few more risks.

Penn State has a bad habit of playing like crap after a bad loss. Indiana's not good but play like crap and you can lose to anyone.

6 Oklahoma at Kansas 12:00 FOX OU-9
Oklahoma is coming off a last minute win vs UCF. They may have been a bit down coming off the big Texas win the week prior. This is a huge game for Kansas. Kansas is coming off a bye, it's homecoming, and the FOX pregame show will be there.

1 Georgia vs Florida 3:30 CBS Neutral site UGA-14.5
It's the cocktail party. Florida brought in the Ole Ball Coach Steve Spurrier for a pep talk. Georgia is getting their first test without TE Brock Bowers, who is out of his mind if he plays another snap of college football if his injury heals enough for him to suit up again. Both starting QBs are completing over 70%. UGA will play 3 straight ranled teams after this one.

BYU at 7 Texas 3:30 ABC Tex-19
Texas will be without Quinn Ewers and instead of turning to Arch Manning, they will be starting Maalik Murphy. Seems like somebody has to hit the transfer portal next year. Could be a great audition for Murphy.

8 Oregon at 13 Utah 3:30 FOX Ore-6.5

both teams with 1 loss, meaning the loser is likely out of the running for the Pac title and a playoff berth. Utah wins by being tough. The offense has been a bit better lately but playing USC may have helped that. Utah is hosting ESPN Gameday. Bo Nix will need a big game to stay in the Heisman race.

Pitt at 14 Notre Dame 3:30 NBC ND-20.5
Pitt is usually good for an upset each year. But they may have used that up vs Louisville. ND has Clemson next week but with 2 losses already, they can't look past anybody.

20 Duke at 18 Louisville 3:30 ESPN Lou-4.5
Louisville coming off bye after their loss to Pitt. Duke coming off a loss to Florida State. Both teams need this one to stay alive for a shot in the ACC title game. Duke QB Riley Leonard gutted it out vs FSU but didn't look himself.

21 Tennessee at Kentucky 7:00 ESPN Tenn-3.5
Kentucky lost 2 in a row and Tenn blew a big lead vs Bama. Tenn already has 2 losses so they can't afford to lose again if they want any shot at the SEC Title.

3 Ohio State at Wisconsin 7:30 NBC OSU-14.5

Ohio State got a big win to stay in first place in the Big 10 East, the toughest division in FBS. And Wisconsin once again looks to win the crappy west division. Wisconsin better enjoy this last run as divisions go away next year. Wisconsin will need to play a near perfect game. Ohio State will just have to target Marvin Harrison about 15 times.

Colorado at 23 UCLA 7:30 ABC UCLA-16.5
This game is super important, as is every game for Colorado. That's why this game goes to ABC and the Tennessee game is on ESPN. UCLA is a tough run team with a solid defense. Their defense is one of the best at pass rush and Shedeur Sanders is often under pressure. Of course some of that is his own doing because he gets the snap and then runs around like Tecmo Bowl waiting to chuck it deep.

Old Dominion at 25 James Madison 8:00 ESPNU JMU-20.5

Did you know James Madison is ranked? You do now. Old Dominion head coach Ricky Rahne was former OC at Penn State. Franklin has a better coaching tree than Tomlin with 3 former assistants getting HC gigs.

11 Oregon State at Arizona 10:30 ESPN OrSt-3

Oregon State still lurking around the top 10 and alive for the Pac 12 title. Former 5 start QB and Clemson transfer DJ Uiagalelei has been playing well for the beavs.

Don't watch college football as much as some others around here. But do appreciate the time you take putting into these game to game evals Tape.👊

Penn State tied with Indiana 7-7 after 1 quarter. If I'm Singleton or Allen I would jump ship after the season to a better opportunity. They both have a year left and will be hurting their potential NFL careers with this offense.

Penn State tied with Indiana 7-7 after 1 quarter. If I'm Singleton or Allen I would jump ship after the season to a better opportunity. They both have a year left and will be hurting their potential NFL careers with this offense.
Franklin wont get canned, but the PSU OC should be fired as soon as the last gun sounds on the season.

I want Kansas to beat Oklahoma and wouldn't mind watching a nail biter in Georgia vs. Florida...

Meh, Bama is resting this week so my liver is too...

I want Kansas to beat Oklahoma and wouldn't mind watching a nail biter in Georgia vs. Florida...

Meh, Bama is resting this week so my liver is too...

Did you forget the Jaguars are coming to town? Not sure how much rest the liver is going to get. You might end up making up tomorrow what you didn't drink today.

😁

Watching Oregon at Utah. I really like watching that Bucky Irving run

I have them all on on YouTubeTV....Kansas might pull off the upset. The Ducks struck early already up 7...

The Gators look much better than they did in game 1...GA better not sleep on them today...

2 long TD passes against Penn State and the O is still content on their 2 to 3 yard passes with nothing traveling 10 yards downfield. Pitiful. Michigan 48 - Penn State 10
They either don’t trust Allar or he isn’t capable of running the offense like Sean Clifford. I know he isn’t nearly as mobile as Clifford, but there is no excuse for this weak *** offense.

I have them all on on YouTubeTV....Kansas might pull off the upset. The Ducks struck early already up 7...

The Gators look much better than they did in game 1...GA better not sleep on them today...
They aren't.

Not sure why I'm still watching Pitt/ND. Pitt looks like all other Pittsburgh football teams.

Also some of the red headed Annie in there as well.

Tomorrow tomorrow

Your only a day away.

😁

With red headed Annie, I thought you meant Lunar !!!

Salute the nation

I was expecting a down game today for Penn State. That's been the pattern after coming off a really big game. The offense was hit or miss again. The surprise was the defense. Gave up 2 long TDs on blown assignments. Left one guy completely uncovered when the CB blitzed and nobody replaced him in coverage.

The offense is still struggling. It's the WRs. The book is out on Penn State. Their WRs suck, just single them in man coverage and put everybody else in the box to rush the passer or stuff the run. The WRs will not make you pay because none of them can get separation.

CBS did a good job of showing many wide angle shots of the secondary to show how nobody was open. They did take some deep shots. Allar went deep to a guy in single coverage and there was zero separation. They only hit one deep shot on the game winner to Keandre Lambert Smith. And even on that one he didn;t get much separation. Allar threw it with anticipation and put it in a good spot for his WR to make a play and a WR finally did. Amazing job to tightrope down the sideline for the TD.

The OL has not been perfect but it's hard to bash them too much. There's just too many defenders in the box. Until the WRs start winning downfield, that's how it will be every week.

Allar did a good job of running when nobody was open. He's hot that Big Ben mobility. Mobile enough to evade pressure and can run and pick up a few yards when he has to. If the QB runs for 4 yards on 2nd a 7, that's a big deal.

After all the talent Pitt lost last year, I expected a down year… but probably not to this extent… lol… maybe penn state can win out and still make a play for the playoffs..

Until PSU gets some decent WRs in the transfer protocol or recruiting, I'm thinking Beau should at least get more reps. He has that Sean Clifford run capability that gives the defense something else to worry about although Allar may be the better passer. Neither stands a chance against Michigan but it may be enough to win most of the rest of their games.