• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's...........Week 6........vs Tampa Bay

Chicoman

Reaction score
Well never in my wildest dreams did I think this game would play out like this one did today. A complete team win in all 3 phases of the game....Special Teams, Defense and Offense. The Steelers were able to hold it all together today when I didn't think it was possible against Steeler Killah...Tom Brady 12-3 in his career vs Steelers including 3 wins in AFC Championship games. I've gotta give props to Mitch Trubisky who came off the bench today after Pickett went down with an injury and led the Steelers offense downfield making several key throws on 3rd & long conversions.....I hope I'm not the only one that noticed this but today Mitch didn't look heistant in his throws....he knew he had nothing to lose and he let it rip. That is something he didn't do in his first 4 starts for the Steelers but something he needs to do as it's the only way to play. Nice to also see Chase Claypool step late in the game with some big catches on those 3rd & longs. Defensively I'll say this...what a performance! Even Devin Bush make a nice play breaking up the 2 Point Conversion to help preserve the lead. Overcoming all those injuries on Defense (Watt, Leal, Sutton, Wallace, Fitzpatrick, Witherspoon all OUT). Nice to see the team win this one today. Someome please tell me why oh why is this offense throwing the ball consistently outside the numbers of the football field when they are on offense? When we saw Trubisky throw and use the middle of the field...this team was able to march right down the field for the score. I only saw 1 throw over the middle of the field in the first half.....and don't give me that bullshit "NO ONES OPEN". They weren't even running routes to players into the middle of the field. That's all play calling! You can't move an offense up and down the football field without utilitizing the entire field. It's just not possible. Hopefully a sign of things to come. Let's enjoy this one....for 24 hours and look ahead to Miami next Sunday.

Per Tomlin's Post Game:
Kenny Pickett - Concussion, he's in the protocol
James Pierre - Hamstring
Myles Jack - Ankle, able to return
Larry Ogunjobi - Back, able to return

Game Balls:
Mitch Trubisky - He really stepped up today and played great....9 for 12 144 yds 1 TD
Chase Claypool - 7 rec 96 yds including 2 key 3rd and long catches....nice to finally see him step up
Terrell Edmunds - 10 tackles today
Larry Ogunjobi - He was very disruptive today up front...blowing holes in Tampa's O-line and you could see it made Brady very uncomfortable out there
Cam Heyward - He and Ogunjobi did alot today to make Brady uncomfortable out there today
Stephen Sims - Great job returning the football today including an 89 yd return. Can we officially say buh-bye to Gunner O?

Game Goats:
Kevin Dotson - The O-line wasn't great today but this guy was absolutely attrocious today
Mason Cole - He wasn't good today and the botched snap on 2nd & 3 putting us in a 3rd & 13 almost cost us the game

FU's:
Tom Brady - You killed us most of your career....Your the GOAT but I'll always hate you! Your still a *****! **** YOU! I'm gonna go bang Giselle tonight and she'll finally see what a real man is!
Matt Canada - I'm quickly becoming a hater....not much is going to change my mind....his play calling STINKS!

Yes FU Brady with a red hot poker even tho he'd probably enjoy it

FU Canada, still a bunch of terrible play calling, seems like the rare times when we do we score a TD in the first hafl and it's like ok that's enough risk for a while and it's turtle mode. Fire him at the bye week!!

Cole got hurt very early in the game. Was that even him that botched the snap? If he played poorly, it is probably mostly due to his foot/ankle injury that he was in a boot most of the week for - plus reinjuring it and getting a massive tape job on it.

The whole coaching staff needs to get game balls...
Nah. Matt Canada is garbage. He was garbage for the vast majority of the game today. Some of his play calls on that last drive put the Steelers in 3rd and long a few times and Mitch Trubisky bailed him out. I'll give him credit for the first drive. That was a nice drive. Everything after that was meh at best.

That said, what I do hope is that he and Tomlin see that this team can succeed when given a chance, and they start opening up the playbook on offense. This team has the players. Let them play and put them in a position to make plays. I see what NE is doing with Zappe, and there is no reason the Steelers can't do that regardless of who the QB is. There's no excuse for the long stretches of incompetence this offense has. Yes, defenses are going to make plays, but good God, the Steelers tend to make bad defenses look really good sometimes.

My game ball goes to the defense. A bunch of practice squad guys in the secondary and the Steelers not only held them in check, they pushed them around a bit and at times, imposed their will. It was nice to see. Been a while.

Also, they gotta find somebody to replace Dotson. That guy takes too many penalties, and because of him, Kenny is injured. He is just bad. I think if they could upgrade the LG spot, they'd be light years ahead.

Several game balls IMO from what I saw. That first drive was REALLY good. I don't know why it all has to change when it shouldn't. And then, when a change should happen, it doesn't. Oh well, beating Tommy made my Sunday. **** yeah.
We get a lead then play not to lose it instead of playing to add to it

Also, they gotta find somebody to replace Dotson. That guy takes too many penalties, and because of him, Kenny is injured. He is just bad. I think if they could upgrade the LG spot, they'd be light years ahead.
Again I love everything about Moore’s game except him vs outside speed… so him inside would be great… so if you find a good LT in next years draft then that line looks a lot better…

I think we just saw Flores influence on the team. Certainly Tomlin didn't get street free agents to play like that.
Actually, it was reported Tomlin, Austin and Flores all pitched in the defensive game plan because of all the injuries. So it was a combined effort in which they masterfully disguised the DL pass rush.

No one saw this victory ,

Game ball to everyone even the coaches although Canada gets half a ball.
two balls a no name secondary that did not give one big play from Tommy;
Bush who has been under the Steeler Nation doghouse forever stopping the two point try
Mitch who had two terrific drives one for the TD and second where Tommy never touched the ball again, Where Mitch picked up third and forever three times, ran for a first down and a sneak for the final first down. Watching replay, I have to admit I don't think Kenny would have won the game, Kenny after first drive passes were off the mark and he did miss a few open receivers choosing other receivers. Mitch was class after the game total team player, all who threw Mitch in the gutter should be hiding today

Game Balls:
Mitch Trubisky - came off the bench and made some big throws
Chase Claypool - it's been too long. Finally looks like the player he should be.
Terrell Edmunds - stepped up with some many guys hurt.
Ogunjobi - looked like the best DL on the field today.
Secondary - a bunch of no namers held the Bucs offense in check.

Game Goats:
Kevin Dotson - the offensive line was bad today and he stood out. Multiple penalties and missed blocks. Again, they all stunk today.
Matt Canada - it's not even funny how much this guy is holding the offense back. The QBs are not this bad and he's held back Trubisky and is hindering the development of Pickett. The sooner he's gone the better.

Yes---was at the Jets game and the fans starting the Kenny Kenny chat basically after Mitch's first drive was an embarrassment....

Dont get me wrong Im a Kenny fan....but come-on folks...

Several game balls IMO from what I saw. That first drive was REALLY good. I don't know why it all has to change when it shouldn't. And then, when a change should happen, it doesn't. Oh well, beating Tommy made my Sunday. **** yeah.
Sometimes the opposition makes adjustments to what we do. Most coaches would make adjustments to their adjustments. Tomlin doesn't live in his fears. The word "adjustment" is not even part of his vocabulary.

all who threw Mitch in the gutter should be hiding today
I love these type of accusatory comments.....lol. Like a woman trying to make you feel guilty,looking for apologies.
No hiding here.

Mitch really didn’t play that well his first 3.5 games. He was indecisive,showed no confidence,and really there was just no spark. Our offense was horrible. Was it all Mitch. Of course not. Should he shoulder some blame? You’re damn right. He played horrible at times. I don’t blame CMT for putting him in at all against the Jets.

That being said,he showed a lot of balls today coming in cold and sparking the offense. I had no idea he had it in him. And I am very glad he did. I could care less if the next win comes from a guy named Kenny,Mitch ,or Mason. We would all just like to see maximum effort,great decisions and victories. Maybe even a playoff win or two before I get old and senile.

Actually, it was reported Tomlin, Austin and Flores all pitched in the defensive game plan because of all the injuries. So it was a combined effort in which they masterfully disguised the DL pass rush.
If this is so......let’s hope it continues throughout the season. Great job today by all involved. 👍👍

Now a question Ike.
During the week of an upcoming game, would Tomlin,Austin,and Flores not normally pitch in a defensive game plan?
I say this with no malice. I’ve never been the coach of a team. I would have just assumed that the coaches put there heads together every game and come up with a plan. As that is there job is it not?

Yes FU Brady with a red hot poker even tho he'd probably enjoy it

FU Canada, still a bunch of terrible play calling, seems like the rare times when we do we score a TD in the first hafl and it's like ok that's enough risk for a while and it's turtle mode. Fire him at the bye week!!

**** that, fire him at 12:01 am.

Salute the nation