• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hypothetically speaking...if he's there (at any point) do you draft him??? Caleb Williams

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Let's face it - we need a third QB next season.

I know the kid embarrassed himself (at least I think so) by crying in momma's lap after losing his 3rd game of the season; but...

Would you consider him, if available (in any round but the 1st)???

As a veteran, I know that you can teach leadership. His football talents are above the line...

Thoughts???

He's going No. 1 overall so we won't have to worry about him. But say he has some bizarre freefall, yes, run to the podium moment.

Did he declare? Thought I heard he was contemplating staying at USC after a less than stellar season. To answer the question, maybe if he was there in the fourth. But as 448 said someone will take him early in the first. He looks very ordinary when defenses are able to pressure him.

Yes, it was embarrassing when he cried on mama after a loss. I’m more concerned about the delusion of him thinking he’s getting ownership stake in an nfl team in contract. Gimme a break dude!
Forgot about that gem.

The crying is not going to effect his stock at all, but i think the late losses will. Also might depend on his combine performance. I dont think i would draft him though

The crying is not going to effect his stock at all, but i think the late losses will. Also might depend on his combine performance. I dont think i would draft him though
Excellent point. I think I would, if he's there in the second.

I know the kid embarrassed himself (at least I think so) by crying in momma's lap after losing his 3rd game of the season; but...

As a veteran, I know that you can teach leadership. His football talents are above the line...

Thoughts???
I too think he will be gone easily in the top 5. Another maybe more realistic would be do you look at Sanders in the second? I saw quite a few games with him. Personally I think he’s got great talent, but could really benefit with another year in college. Also do we open the door to nonstop QB controversy? Or do we commit to KP for his 3rd year?

Thoughts???
If he is sitting there when we pick and we pass.........warriors is gonna need a new 75" smart TV. Same goes if McCarthy is sitting there and we pass

If he is sitting there when we pick and we pass.........warriors is gonna need a new 75" smart TV. Same goes if McCarthy is sitting there and we pass
I think it would be wise to bring in some competition for Kenny. Clean house behind him we know they aren't long term answers.

I too think he will be gone easily in the top 5. Another maybe more realistic would be do you look at Sanders in the second? I saw quite a few games with him. Personally I think he’s got great talent, but could really benefit with another year in college. Also do we open the door to nonstop QB controversy? Or do we commit to KP for his 3rd year?
Love this. I've already jumped on Shedur Sanders' bandwagon and I think he could use one more season in college. The kid, however, is already a leader and he can ball. Tough and accurate as well...

Shedur is my real pick, if he's declaring, to join the team.

Yes, it was embarrassing when he cried on mama after a loss. I’m more concerned about the delusion of him thinking he’s getting ownership stake in an nfl team in contract. Gimme a break dude!

Too many red flags. I wouldn't go near him. Whomever is in his ear about asking for ownership of the team isn't doing him any favors.
Plus, he's stated a small list of teams he's willing to play for. Then the crying to mama when **** isn't going good. Sounds like an overgrown spoiled child who's a pain in the *** with an overinflated sense of self worth.

The Steelers are not drafting that high. If the win out over the next two weeks it's pretty much out of the picture anyway.

There's no way they're quitting on Pickett after two years. They just don't operate like that when they invest that high in quarterbacks.

I'd almost guarantee they bring in a veteran in the offseason.

Thoughts???

YES, but then you beat the **** out of him in practice.

Salute the nation

Doubt he is around for us to draft ....... the Steelers do have a 5% ownership stake coming up for sale ...lol

There are other options in this draft ..... Berm

I don't hold crying on his momma's lap against him or think it will drop his draft stock much either